FINALLY! An Update!

A Visit From The Past

Min Ju’s POV

A few minutes later, we reached his house. There were small trees on either side of the door, then flowers that seemed to lead up to the trees on either side. After Eunkwang unlocked the door, he gave me an extra pair of home slippers that were on the porch and we crossed the threshold.

"Eunkwang-ah! Is that you?” yelled a voice from somewhere deeper in the house.

"Ne Omma." He yelled back.  We made our way to the living room and saw his mother coming down on the stairs. "So how was was your- Omo who is this?" I saw a smile spread across her face as her hands flew to as if she was astonished by me.

"Omma, this is Min Ju." He turned to me. "Min Ju this is my omma." 
"Annyeonghasayo." I bowed and smiled brightly.

“She's going to tutor me for my history test. He said in a really chipper tone to his mother, and then he turned to me. “Let me just-“

“Ooooh is this girl you’ve been talking about so much lately? She really is pretty, and so well-mannered.” Eunkwang’s omma oozed and put her hands gently on the sides of my face. I smiled the best I could, but I’m sure my cheeks turned red by at least two shades.

“OMMA!”

“Wae? I’m complimenting her.”

“Omma chaebal, joom! You’re embarrassing her!”

“Anya!” I joined right in with the banter. “She’s making me feel comfortable.”

“Jincha? Then why are your cheeks turning red?” Shoot. I put my hands on top of his omma’s.

“They’re not.”

“Eunkwang-ah, there’s this great thing called blush-part of this new invention called make-up. Even though it obvious that Min Ju doesn’t need it, she could be wearing it.” I couldn’t help but laugh at his mother’s quip. This time it was Eunkwnag’s cheeks that turned red.

“Aigoo uri Eunkwang-ah! Look at your face!” She walked over to her son and put her arms around him, in a somewhat teasing manner.

“OMMA!”

“WAE!?”

“You’re embarrassing me!”

“What’s so embarrassing about a mother’s love?” I asked

Eunkwang’s POV

“That’s right Eunkwang! What is so embarrassing about a mother’s love?” She raised her eyebrow. “Hmmm?”

I hesitated. My eyes darted form Min Ju to Omma. I hugged Omma back. “Aww there’s my good Eunkwang-ah!”

I peered behind Omma and saw Min Ju smile.

“Min Ju you come here too, join the hug.” She obliged to my mother without hesitation. I have no idea how long we would have stood there embracing one another if the phone hadn’t rang.  Rang? Rung? Point being someone was calling via the landline.

“I should go get that.” Omma told us as she sped-walked to the phone.

I rubbed the back of my neck and turned to Min Ju. “I’m really sorry about my Omma.”

She laughed. “Don’t be she’s very sweet.”

“That’s one way to put it.” I said more to myself than to Min Ju.

“What was that?” She asked.

“Nothing.” I replied a little too quickly. Min Ju narrowed her eyes at me. I laughed to shake it off. “Let me just get my books and we can study in the living room.”

“Okay then.”

I walked up the stairs, to my room, and despaired at the mountains of papers on the floor. How in the world am I going to find that textbook?

 

It took me at least fifteen minutes to find it. I doubt if I had even opened it all during the year, I can't remember. I emerged from my room with triumph on my face and was greeted by the sound of laughter coming from the living room when I got to the foot of the stairs. I saw Min Ju and Omma sitting together on the couch looking at, what seemed like, a book.

How can a book make you laugh that much?

As I got closer to the couch, I saw that I was sadly mistaken. One of my worst nightmares had materialized itself in front of me.

"OMMA!" she turned around to me calmly while Min Ju jumped about a meter in the air and turned to me with wide, startled eyes. 

"EUNKWNAG!" replied my mother, with as much, if not more, force as me.

"What are you doing!?"

"Oh we're just looking at some pictures." 
"What pictures?" I asked, doing the best I could to from raising my voice. 
"Just some pictures." She said calmly and turned her attention back to the album. "Oh Min Ju, look at this! Isn't he just adorable?"

"Aww he is! Look at his chubby cheeks!" That's it. I snatched the album out of their hands. 

"YAH!" Omma shouted, trying her best to keep a smile off of her face.

"OMMA! How could you? Why are showing this to Min Ju?"

"What's wrong with it?"

"Everything!"

"Like?"

"It's embarrassing!"

"You were cute as a baby!"

“You were adorable!” Min Ju added. It’s like she was trying to back-up my omma. I felt heat rush to my cheeks and I stared at my feet.

“Aigoo look at your face!” Omma, I was trying to hide it, I thought to myself as I kept staring at my feet. I noticed my textbook in my other hand. Oh wow. How did I miss that?

“I found my textbook, we should start studying now.” I was still staring at the floor, not wanting to see Min Ju’s face just yet.

“Alright, let’s get started then.” She turned to my omma. “Thank you for showing me.” She smiled and gave a bow.

Omma smiled back. “Well, I’ll leave you kids to study. I’ll be in my ofice if you need me.”

“Ne.” We both said as she walked out of the living room.

I turned to Min Ju. “So how do you want to start this?”

She smiled. “The beginning is always a good place to start.”

____________________________________________________________________

O

T

uber late update! tihng have been a bit busy lately and i was mad that i didn't update TT____TT

 

i love my wondeful subbies dearly, so i though i may a well post this but i wanted to do a double update at least ;_;

but soemthing tells me i wont be able to update for a bit longer...