Separate Paths

A Visit From The Past

 

Min Ju

Eunkwang and I are a couple now? Aren’t we moving a bit too fast? I’m kinda glad I need to go to the library. I need to clear my head a bit.

“Good morning Lee Jae Hee-sshi.”

“Oh, morning Min Ju-yah. Did you finish it already?”

“Ne, it was so good I couldn’t put it down.”

“I knew you’d like it.”

“But the ending was a letdown in my opinion. It ended too soon and felt like a copout.”

“I felt the same way. You and I are like we share one brain.”

“That’s one way to put it.” She gave me a look then we both burst out laughing.

"So do you have any more recommendations?" I asked, eager to hear what she had next for me.


"I do actually." She turned back to her cart full of books and pulled out two, both considerably larger than the book I just returned. “One of them is 700 pages and the other is a mere 500. They should keep you occupied for at least a little while, or at least they did me. Both took me about 10 days to read but there were a lot errands that I had to run  and a bunch of things that required my attention in order to get done so that's why it took me so long. But you read faster than I do so you finish in less time." She was right about that. I do read just a little bit faster than she does. "Knowing you, you'll probably be back here in four days with your own thoughts on both."

I gave her a look.

"Four days factoring in time it'll take for homework." She smiled sweetly.

"Okay then." I replied.

"So do you have any recommendations for me?"

"I do as a matter of fact. You should try-" I got cut off by the bell.

"Aish." I heard her mutter under her breath. "Min-Ju-yah, tell me next time. For now get to class before the tardy bell rings." My class is on the other side of the building and Jae Hee-sshi knows that.

"Ne, Jae Hee-sshi," I saluted. She giggled, "Don't get trampled by the mobs, that's an order." I smiled and waved bye as I left.


Minhyuk POV
"Yah Seo Eunkwang, you're early today. Why is that?" I asked. We all decided to act like we knew nothing about what happened on their date.

"Wae? A person can't change? I just wanted to mix things up a bit."

Mmhm," I replied not buying into any of his fibbing. "I saw you come in with Min Ju."

"We just happened to cross paths, so we decided to go together. That's all."

"All I said was I saw you 2 come together. I didn't say anything besides that. Why are you getting so defensive? Are you sure that's all that happened between you two?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"We just-"

"Aish, Donggeun you pabo. It's all over my homework now and my backpack." Hyunsik shouted causing all of us to turn around. I saw an orange liquid staining his backpack and math homework. 

"Mianhae hyung." Donggeun gave a shy smile. 

"All I asked you to do was open it!"

"I did. Are you sure you didn't shake it up before you gave it to me?''

"YAH!" Eunkwang's voice rose over them. "Why are you drinking soda in the morning? That's not good for you. You need to eat a good breakfast in the morning, not fill yourself up with caffeine and sugar. You'll crash if you do."

"Aigoo, aren't you a good leader? Caring for everyone's health like that. Illhoon remarked while searching his backpack for something.

"Illhoon you sounded like an ajuhmma," Sungjae said.

"That's the point." Illhoon retorted. Found them." Illhoon remarked while triumphantly holding up a small pack of tissues. 

"Hand them over. Pali!" Hyunsik yelled.

"Arroaso Arraso. So bossy." Donggeun threw the pack at Hyunsik. Hyunsik caught the tissues before they could make contact with his face.

"I need to clean it fast before the stain settles in. If it does, it won't come out." The bell rang. Hyunsik started to rub the tissues really fast over the stain on his backpack. 

"Guys, we gotta get going now otherwise we're gonna be late," Eunkwang shouted.

"What's the rush hyung? We always make it just before the bell rings." Sungjae asked looking up at Eunkwang.

"I don't wanna take that risk today. Let's move people, move." Eunkwang sounded like a drill sergeant.  

"Looks like that stain's not comin' out bud." I smirked and gave Hyunsik a pat on the back. He pouted by sticking out his lips.