A Late Night Stroll

A Visit From The Past

A few hours of intense study later, things were starting to click for Eunkwang. He understood the majority of what we went over and was taking notes over all the key points-notes that turned out to be much better than the ones he takes in class.

“Oh wow it’s late.” I remarked with a glance at the clock. “I should go home now.” I gathered my papers and shoved them into my bag.

“I’ll walk you home.”

I looked out the window. “Eunkwnag-ah it’s really dark, I’ll go on my own. Besides, there are street lights.”

“Street lights or not, I’m making sure you get home alright. And it wouldn’t hurt to spend a little more time with you.” He winked. “Let me just grab my jacket from my room, then I’ll take you.”

“O-okay.” I said in a daze as he exited the room. Omo, omo, omo. He WINKED AT MEEEEE!! EUNKWANG WINKED AT ME!!! Aigoo, my face must be so red right now! I fangirled as I continued to stuff my belongings into my bag. I half wanted to jump around the room and throw my arms up like a moron.

Then I saw a notebook peeking out from under the couch. Thinking it was my notebook (that I had just found after so much scouring, turns out it was under my nightstand the whole time) and it had fallen out of my bag, I pulled it out from among the dust bunnies.

This isn’t my notebook. I thought, as I saw that there were no swirls or intricate patterns on the front cover or quotes written in fancy script on the back cover. Also, this was green, mine is blue. “Seo Eun Kwang” was written in miniscule print in the top right corner of the front cover. I opened it. Even before I opened it, half the pages were bulging, as if things were places between every page. There was writing on half of the lined pages but the rest were left blank. Some of the written pages had bundles of paper paper-clipped along the top edge, others had pictures-some of people, some of cartoons, and some of scenes that looked awe-inspiring. I ran my hand over the pages; I could feel the indentation of the writing. That’s the texture I like most in the world. I flipped back to the front cover and Eun Kwnag’s name that was written in microscopic, but sharp black marker. I heard footsteps rushing down the stairs, and quickly slide the notebook back under the couch. Even though I didn’t read any of it, it felt like I was invading his privacy. He could have his deepest feeling written in that notebook, or maybe those words could just be passing thoughts, or future aspirations-I don’t know but whatever it is, it must be precious to him…right?

“You ready?” Eunkwang asked as he came down looking like one of the coolest things on Earth with his crisp, casual, yet extremely suiting to his style jacket; along with his killer smile. I mentally fangirled uncontrollably.

“Yea, almost.” I said as I did a quick double check in my bag to make sure I had everything-my notes and notebook. I smiled at him. “Ready.”

“Okay.”

“Let me go tell my omma that I’m taking you home.”

“I’ll come with you so I can say bye to her.”

Eunkwang smiled.

We found his mother in room that was dimly lit, had book cases that lined the walls, plush carpet floors, a few leather chairs, and two desks. It wasn’t cramped or extremely huge-it felt comfortable and homey even.

“Omma.” Eunkwang knocked on the doorframe as he called her.

”Hmm?” She said as she glanced up from the papers she was looking at.

“I’m walking Min Ju home now.”

“Alright. Did you both finish studying?” She asked as she rose from her chair.

“Aniyo.” I answered before Eunkwang did. “We have a few more things to go over, but Eunkwang is starting to understand things now, and that’s all that matters. He’s very diligent.” I smiled up at her.

“Well, that’s the first time anyone has ever called my son diligent.” She gave a humbled laugh.

“Ommaaa.” Eunkwang begged in a whiny tone.

“Wae? Now you are learning about the subject. Why can’t you perform like this in school? It must be because Min Ju is very intelligent and is helping you.” I could feel myself blush even with her kind eyes, warm smile, and thankful tone.
“His father works for a museum here in Sangju, and loves history. We wondered why Eunkwang didn’t take after him in some aspects.” Eunkwang started to whine again, and his mother winked at me. I laughed softly to myself. “Wae?” She asked Eunkwang in a pointed, yet in a teasing manner.

“Ah kanda!” Eunkwang said with frustrated finality. “Kaja Min Ju-ah.”

“Chankaman Eunkwang.” I turned back to his mother. “Thank you for taking care of me while I was here and for being a good host.” I bowed.

“Aigoo, you’re welcome Min Ju. Thank you for putting up with my son and even tutoring him.”  She smiled teasingly at me and gave me another wink.

“OMMA!”

‘”Yah, be quiet Eunwang.” His mother cautioned him.  She glanced at her watch. “It’s this late already? Aigoo, all of us have been wrapped so up in our own work that we lost track of time! You both should go now, be careful both of you.”

“Ne.” We both replied simultaneously.

“Min Ju where do you live?” Eunkwang’s omma asked,

“Just two streets over from here, not far at all.”

“Okay. Both of you, as old as you are, be careful.” She cautioned both of us this time.

“Ne.” I responded

“Omma, don’t worry so much. I have my phone and keys with me just in case though.” Eunkwang said, with a bit of a pouty expression.

“Arraso.” She gave a gentle smile.

“Bye Omma.” Eunkwang waved as he started walking away, while still facing his mother. “Annyeonghigyeseyo!” I bowed.

“Bye Min Ju!” She waved.

“You have everything you need?” Eunkwang turned as asked me as he swirled the keys around his finger as we approached the door.

“Umm.” My mind flashed back to the notebook I had found under the couch as I shuffled around in my bag. “Yeah, got it all.” I looked up and smiled at him.

He smiled at me. Then the keys went flying off his finger, and landed next to the door. I giggled to myself as Eunkwang retrieved the keys and rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

“Pabo.” I said while I stood behind him as he unlocked the door.

“Yah.” He laughed as he held the door open for me. “After you, my dear lady.” He said while giving a showy bow.

“A chivalrous pabo.” I smiled at him teasingly.

“Seo Eunkwang, at your service milady.” He pretended to take a hat off of his head and bowed ninety degrees. I laughed nearly to the point of tears.

“Yah, iron na.” I told him and tapped his shoulder. He rose to his full height with a smile that seemed to tease me. I stepped out into the night air with Eunkwang in tow, and then waited for him to lock the door. He dropped the keys in his jacket pocket and turned to be.

“It’s kinda cold out here.” He started taking off his jacket.

“Anya!” I put my hand on his arm. “It feels nice.”

“Well, let me take your bag then.” He made a grab for it and I moved so that it was out of his reach. He narrowed his eyes at me.

“Chabgi, wae geure?’ His face broke out into a smile.

“Yah, come here.”

“Nooo.” I said while moving away from him.

“Come here.”  He teased with a laugh.

“I don’t want to.” I ran a bit of a way down the street, then felt him tug on my bag . I stopped running and he had his arms around my shoulders.

“I caught you!”

“No fair!”

“How?”

 I looked at him with pouty lips. “It just is.” He laughed while his arms were still around my shoulders.

“How about a consequence?”

“Fine.”

“You have to carry my jacket until we get to your house.”

“Alright.”

“And I will carry your bag.” Eunkwang said as he took off his jacket.

“But-“

“You said it was unfair that I caught you, right? Well, this way it’ll be fair.”

I stayed silent for a few seconds as he took my bag. I took the jacket from him and held it in my arms.

“Wait, that’s not how you hold it.” Eunkwang put the bag down and draped his jacket around my shoulders. “There. It suits you well.” He told me as he picked up my bag.

“But I said it’s not cold.”

“It makes me feel better. I guess you could say I’m a little selfish.” He winked. “Come on, let’s get you home. He said and nudged my shoulder.

“I saw that your mother had paper strewn all over her desk, what does she do?”

“Oh, she’s an accountant.”

“Ahhh.”

“So, that’s probably why I’m good at math.”

“Speaking of math, I was tutoring Hyungmoon and a few of his friends over it. That’s why I was gone for lunch that one day. You should help me tutor them! You could probably explain things better than I can.”

“You were tutoring them? Tch, and here I was, think that you were only doing that for me.”

“He came to me and asked for help, so how can I say no?”

“Be careful with him.”

“Why?” I asked with concern.

“Just because.”

“Hyungmoon is a nice person!”

“Why are you defending him? You should be on my side.” Irritation was building in Eunkwang’s tone.

“You’re making baseless accusations!” I didn’t’ bother keeping anger out of my tone, even if it is Eunkwang I’m talking to.

“He seems so smug and a little too chummy with you.”

“So that’s it.”  I said with a tone of realization.

“What’s it?”

“You’re jealous.” I answered simply.

He was silent.

“I’m right aren’t I?”

“Maybe.” He replied and adjusted the bag, while staring at the ground.

I stopped walking. “Yah!”

“Wae?” He stopped walking.

“Look at me.” He did. I walked up to him and put my hands on either side of his face and smushed his checks together.

“There is nothing romantic going on between me and Hyungmoon, he’s a friend who needed help. Arraso?” He nodded. I took my hands away from his face and resumed walking.

“Mianhae.” Eunkwang said with sincerity in his voice.

“It’s okay. I turned to look at him with a smile. “Come on.” I motioned for him to catch up. He ran to catch up with me.

“I’m sorry about my omma showing those you pictures.”

“Don’t be, it was fun looking at them.” I smiled.

“Aghhh, it’s embarrassing!”

“You were really cute as a baby though!”

“Oh hey look, we’re here.”

“I have a question.”

“What is it? Is it about the pictures?” He cringed.

“Sort of.”

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, as if he was trying to brace himself. “Ask away!” I laughed.

“It’s not that bad.”

“I don’t know that!”

“Yet, you don’t know yet.” I said with a sly smile.

He opened one eye. “I guess you’re right.” He closed his eye again. “Go ahead, ask.”

“Why did you dye your hair?”

Eunkwnag POV

My eyes flew open the minute Min Ju asked that.  “I-I just…decided to try something new. Why? You don’t like it?” I asked with a pouty face.

“I think you look good with your original hair color. I don’t think you needed to change anything.” She said and brushed a bit of my bangs away from my eyes.

In the next moment my lips were on hers. Her lips were soft and…sweet. In that moment, somehow, it just felt like every problem and worry I had would dissolve and be gone forever. I stayed like that for awhile, then reluctantly and slowly pulled away. Min Ju’s eyes fluttered open.

“He-here’s your bag.” I stuttered a bit when I handed it to her. Eunkwang what’s wrong with you!? Stupid.

“Gumawo.” She said with a shy smile.

“Oh you found your notebook, right?

She nodded.

“Will you show it to me?”

“Maybe.” She said with a sweet smile and that teasing gleam in her eyes. “Oh, your jacket!” She said with wide eyes and started to take it off before I stopped her by putting my hand on her arm.

“Keep it. You can give it to me later.”

“When?” She asked with a look of slight puzzlement and her head tilted to one side.

“When you show me your notebook.” A sneaky smile spread across my face.

“Then you show me-“ Min Ju cut herself off by putting her hands over . The smile on my face went away and it was my turn to be puzzled.

“Show you what?”

“Nothing.” She said with a wave of her hand.

“Nooooo, tell meee Min Ju-ahhh.” I whined with the best aegyo I could do.

“Aigoo.” She laughed and pinched my left cheek. “You should get home, it’s late.” She started walking up to her front door then looked back and me and started her way back.

“Did you forget something?”

“Yea, I did.” She said with the slightest upturn of her lips, I don’t think you could really call it a smile. But she looked really pretty doing it anyway. Even so-

“Min Ju I asked you if you had everything before we-“ She kissed the same cheek she had pinched.

“Goodnight.” She said, with the most stunning smile I had ever seen.

I watched her go inside and a wave of embarrassment washed over me-my face was probably as red as a tomato.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY for another update!!!! It's about time!

SOOOO how was it? 

 

Omona, you guys i've had my fanfic account for a year now!!!! 

I am so happy i found AFF!!!!!!!!!!

I've found a fantastic site to write and people will read and give me feedback.

I've been able to read fantasitc stories from extemly talented writers, who showed me that you don't have to an established author to be good at writing.

I've found a community of fellow writers and kpop fans. 

Reading your comments have made me feel better when i was sad and angered and made me feel valuble when i tore myself down, thinking i was nothing.

Thank you, all of you. 

Thank you for giving me a place to do what i love. 

Thank you for your lovely, wonderful comments.

Thank you for supporing.

I wouldn't be where i am with my writing, and my even emoitionally, without any of you.

so

Pt95DM48.jpg

and

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzT7oo7Q5c8YTKxV-qTi8

(this boy is messing up my bias list so badly!!!)