Morning Stroll

A Visit From The Past

 

Eun Kwang POV

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face and I couldn’t seem to wipe it off no matter how hard I tried. Not that I wanted it to go away so I didn’t try that hard. I also kept looking off into space now and then and laughed. My mom gave me a look when I did it during breakfast.

‘’Everything ok?” she asked.

“Ne Omma.” I kissed her cheek. “I’m gonna head off to school now.”

She glanced at the clock. “Really? This early? You usually go later.”

‘’Well , change is good now and again.”

“Ok then. Have a good day!” she called as I walked to the door.

“You too mom. Love you, bye.”

Min Ju POV

I ruffled through my bag as I walked out the door. Do I have it? I was sure I-

‘’Yah!”

I looked up. Eunkwang? I could feel a smile creep onto my face. 

“Good morning.” He said while running up to me.

“Morning. Someone seems to be in a good mood and up early. Did you sleep well?”

“Yes, I did as a matter of fact. What makes you think I’m not always up at this time?”

“Well, you usually get to school much later than I do and I’m an early riser. Did you eat?”

“Yes mom, I ate.”

 "I was just worried that since you got up early you might not have eaten because something was wrong."

"Yeah, something was wrong." I stopped going through my things and looked up at his face with concern in my eyes.

''I wanted to see you and you weren't there." He said with puppy dog eyes and pouty lips. I could feel heat rushing to my face and a small smile creep onto my lips. I quickly turned my attention back to my bag and resumed looking.

"Here, let me take it." He reached out to grab it. 

"No it's fine, thank you though." I pulled back a little.

"Aww, look you're blushing." How did he see? I thought my hair concealed my tomato red face pretty well. "Am I that good looking?" He asked smugly. You have no idea. I turned my head further away from him, as far as I could get it. "Min Ju-ah, I'm sorry. Don't do that, I was only joking. Look at me." My head was still turned away from him. "Min Ju-ah, narel bwa." I shook my head. Nope,nope not doing it. I heard him let out a soft sigh. Even with that face of yours, I'm not doing it. Not even if- 

Eunkwang put his hands on the sides of my face and turned my head to his. Omo, we're close. "Yah, what are you doing?" I asked, startled. It came out sounding kinda weird because my cheeks were squished. 

"You wouldn't look at me," he said simply. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" I asked a little puzzled.

"Making you blush." 

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize for that."

"I made you feel embarrassed, I'm sorry."

I smiled widely at him. "You're so sweet." I said pinching his cheeks. 

He grinned like a little kid whose teacher just told them 'good job.' I let go of his cheek and went back to searching in my bag. Is it just me, or did he just frown a bit?

"What are you looking for anyway?" he asked, trying to pear over my shoulder a bit.

"Ahh, just something. I can't seem to find it and I'm sure I had it in here yesterday.”

"What something is it?"

"Something that I need."

''Why won't you tell me?" There was a hint of whining on his voice.

I looked at him with teasing eyes and held a finger to my lips. "It's a secret."

''But couples don't keep secrets from each other."  What did he just say??

''We're a couple?"

"Yeah, we might as well be, unless you don't want to." He said the last part like he was trying to cover up for giving the wrong answer in class.

"Oh no, no it’s not that. But we've only gone on one date."

“So, does that mean we have to go on a certain number of dates before we can be a couple?”  He looked like a confused puppy when he said that. Aigoo, so cute!

“Umm, I guess not, when you put it like that.”

“So does this mean we’re a couple?” He sounded so giddy.

“I guess so.” I was still looking in my bag when I saw something in the corner of my eye. Eunkwang held out his hand to me. I looked at him. ‘’What’s that for?”

“Couples hold hands, right?”

“They do.”

“And we’re a couple, right? Therefore-‘’  He held out his hand to me again.

 

Eunkwang POV

“Oh, look we’re at school now.”

 “Jinja?” How did we get here so soon?

“Eunkwang-sshi, I need to turn a book in to the library so I have to go now.”

“ I’ll go with you.” 

“Eunkwang hyung.” I turned to see Donggeun waving at me.

“You’re friends are calling you, you should go,” Min Ju told me

“Yah, Seo Eunkwang!” It was Minhyuk calling me this time.

“See? They’re restless.” Min Ju said with a teasing glint in her eye. Those eyes. “See you later,” she called to me as she walked away, waving. I waved back.

Aish, those guys have some great timing don’t they? I wanted to hit one of them on the back of their head.  Think happy thoughts, Eunkwang, happy thoughts.

And with that in mind I walked over to them with a forced smile on my face.