No Secrets, Right?

A Visit From The Past

Eunkwang POV

I woke up the next morning, sat up in bed, and looked over at the chair beside my desk-the jacket was gone. Min Ju. “. I don’t think you needed to change anything.” I smiled wide when I remembered what happened. Then there was the kiss. I buried myself in the sheets as if to protect myself from the oncoming wave of embarrassment and pressed a pillow to my face, but couldn’t stop smiling like an idiot.

Wow, I feel like a fangirl.  Is this how they feel all the time?

I got ready for school, and during the whole process, I couldn’t stop smiling, no matter how hard I tried. By the time I put on my uniform, I stopped trying to wipe the grin off and just let it stay.

Gaaaaaaahhh Min Ju! ………do fangirls really feel like this?

I flew down the stairs in record time and it felt like I was walking on a cloud. …….aigoo, what’s happening to me? I don’t care, I have Min Juuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

“Good morning, Omma.” I hugged her and kissed her cheek.

“Morning Eunkwang-ah.” She looked at me with a confused smile. “Everything alright?”

“Ne.” I nodded while my arms were still around her.

“Morning son.” I turned to face my father and saw him throw an apple at me.

"Your mother told me that you skipped breakfast." He lowered his glasses and gave me a stern, firm, and warning look. "Don't do that again. No matter how busy you get, meals are important."

"Yes, Appa." I nodded and bite the apple.

He smiled. "That's my boy." I smiled back. “So do you have any colleges in mind that you want to apply for?”

“I was thinking about applying for Daegu University, Anyang University, or maybe Chung-Ang University.” I told him as I put two slices of bread in the toaster.

“Nice line up.”

“Kamsahandae Omma.”

“Glad you’ve got some things figured out.” I paused to lock my eyes on my dad’s face.

“Kamsahandae Appa.”

“So now all you need to do is take the exit exam and apply.” He laughed and I joined him.

“Yes, and it’s not too long before I have to take it.” My father looked at me in surprise and I replayed all I had done and said in the last thirty seconds to see if any of it was rude or disrespectful; my results came up negative.

“That’s right. I’m glad that you’re keeping that in mind, Eunkwang-ah.” He turned to my mother. “See? I told you he takes after my side.” Appa and I broke out laughing while Omma stood with a smile and as she rolled her eyes. My eyes landed on a cloak on the counter and went wide.

“Omma, Appa, saranghae. I have to go now, or I’ll be late.

“But it’s only-“

“Love you, Omma.” I kissed her cheek again as the toast popped up. I swung my backpack over my shoulder. Before running out the door, I saw something sticking out from under the couch. I stared at it and thought about taking it or putting it back. I picked it up, flew out the door, and jogged down the street to Min Ju’s house.I stopped short when I saw her walking down her street. Well she’s early today. I smiled like a little kid who had managed to successfully steal a soft cookie from the coveted jar. Breath in, breath out. I let out a steady sigh to calm myself before walking over to her.

It was like she was in her own world. Her eyes were looking ahead, but not really looking at anything. She didn’t seem sad, but she didn’t seem happy either-she looked neutral in a way. If it’s even possible to look neutral. She looked calm, which was an improvement from yesterday when she was freaking out and panicky.


 

“Min Ju.” I called when i was still a few feet away from her. She looked around before seeing me. She smiled, wide and bright.  


 

“Good morning, chivalrous pabo.” She told me with a slight curtsy.


 

“Good morning, milady.” I bowed. “How art thou on such a fine day?” I asked as I came up. She

laughed before replying that she was well and then directed the question at me. “I too am well, fair lady, but this pabo would be honored if you would do him the kindness of taking his hand.”   I lowered myself to 45 degrees, held out my hand, and looked up at her with an expectant smile. She threw her head back and laughed, a laugh that sounded like tinkling bells and chimes knocked together by wind-

Get a grip Eunkwang!

I did, because I felt her soft hand clasp mine after she hesitated for a little bit. My grin got wider.


 

Min Ju POV

I couldn’t help but smile as Eunkwang and I walked home hand in hand. I was still wearing his jacket. I managed to make him take it back this morning, but he told me to take it again when we started walking home. I did the same as last time, refusing to take the jacket from him. But he also did the same in trading me my bag from his jacket. He was laughing at something I had said and kept his smile as he shifted his eyes to me.

“Min Ju, I want to show you something.” He ped his backpack and pulled out the notebook I had found last night. My eyes widened a little when I saw what it was, but I hadn’t done anything wrong. I hadn’t even read what was in it; I had nothing to feel guilty for. But why do I feel the slightest bit guilty?

“What’s that?”

“It’s a notebook I keep, it has things I’ve written, pictures-stuff like that.”

“I know.” He turned a puzzled look to me.

“How would you know?”

“I found it under your couch last night, and curiosity got the best of me. I didn’t read anything in it though, I promise!” I put up my hands as if to show innocence. He surprised me by smiling. “Wae?”

“A good relationship shouldn’t have secrets.” I remember that he had said that before, when I wouldn’t tell him what I was looking for.

“Well, in that case, I should probably show you something too. Can I see my bag?” I reached for my back and Eunkwang pulled it back. I looked up at him. “Yah,no wae ire?” He looked back at me with teasing eyes. “I don’t wanna.”

“Yaaah.” I yelled after him as he started speed walking away from me. My fingertips touch the strap of the bag before Eunkwang saw and pulled the bag away. “Chabgi!”He turned around with wide eyes before changing his look to one of mock innocence.

“Wae?” He blinked his eyes innocently.

I stuck out my lip in a pouty manner and held out my right hand. “Nae kabang.” He shook the bag and its contents in front of me.

“This?”

“Yes.”

“You’ll have to jump for it.” He said in a singsong voice with closed eyes, looking confident and waved the bag just above my head.   I jumped twice then on the third time, I kissed his cheek. His face turned a noticeable shade of red and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.   

“Got it.” I told him as I started digging around in my bag.  We were about to pass a park that we saw everyday on our way to and from school. “Let’s go sit down.” Eunkwang suggested, pointing to a table that sat under the strong and thick branches of an oak tree. It was surrounded by fallen acorns, most cracked and the pieces scattered in the dirt. Most pieces lay sunken in the earth, others sticking out at odd angles. The intact acorns awaited the same doom that spread dispersed about in jagged circles, knowing it was only a waiting game before it happened to them too, knowing that they were not excluded from such fate as those surrounding them.


 

Eunkwang set his notebook on the wooden surface of the table open for the world to see. I set mine down as well, but closed, the contents willed to show only at my own consent.   

_________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, i know it's been forever since i last updated. I'm a horrible time manager so school work dominated just about all of my time. ;_; OTL

Thank you to those who are still subscribed; it's an encouragement to see that there are those who still want to read, even with my long lapese of no updates. I'm going to try to have a few more chapters posted this month. 

<3 <3 <3