Chapter 31

Double Identity

~Sang Hee POV~

I fidgeted nervously in my seat until, I got up to leave the classroom despite Kris' dissappointed face. "Mianhe," I mouthed to him, and with that I left. I walked to the basement then let out a sigh. I rubbed my temples with the part of my thumb that wasn't covered with a cast and closed my eyes, thinking. *Eotokke? I thought I would be ready to go up on that damn stage and sing but, now since the showcase is so close I'm worrying of what everyone will think of me...What my parents will think of me...Even though they weren't much of actual parents they're nonetheless parents.* 

"Having second thoughts?" a voice took me out of my own thoughts. I looked up.

"Kind of..." My voice trailed off. Kris came over and sat beside me.

"What's wrong?" he asked softly.

"I-I'm afraid," I paused for a moment biting my lip, "I'm afraid, what everyone's going to think of me," I finally managed to say.

"Aigoo," Kris pulled me into his warm embrace,"Didn't already go over this or something? Everyone's bound to find out, and if they don't like who you really are, then that's their own problem," Kris comforted, "So don't worry, ara?"

"Araso~," I said muffled under Kris' hug. "How did you even get out of class?" I asked.

"A pretty good fake tooth ache tricked Ssem Lee," Kris and I laughed.

----------------------------

The rest of the week was busy. I had asked CNBLUE if they could perform for the showcase which, also meant telling them of what I had been hiding for so long. Surprisingly, they took it quite well. Minhyuk had even told me, "Uwaaah~! You remind me of those Korean dramas~!! I admire you so much, Sang Hee-ah but, next time be sure to tell me next time when you have a secret!"  Kris had also made me tell EXO-K they also took it well which gave me more confidence that people may even be okay when they find out about the truth.

Kris and Chanyeol took every oppertunity to practice at the audotorium after school which was hard considering all the other students who needed/wanted to practice for the upcoming showcase as well, while I practiced at the underground concerts with CNBLUE. The night before the actual showcase my parents came to visit but, with the help of Jae Hee and Jinsuk they didn't actually get to see me. I had also gotten several text messages to encourage me for the showcase.

To: Sang Hee

Do well on the showcase Sang Hee-ah~!! I believe in you~!! HWAITING~!! :3

From: Minhyuk

 

To: Sang Hee

Hope you do well on the showcase, Noona~^^. Don't worry, you'll do AMAZING! :D Hwaiting~!

From: Sehun

 

To: Sang Hee

Good luck on your showcase Sang Hee! I'll make you spaghetti for you after the showcase tomorrow ;) Hwaiting~

From: Kyungsoo

 

To: Sang Hee

Suho told me to text you for encouragment he said something about "being polite" or something like that. Hwaiting.

From: Kai

 

To:Sang Hee

Did you get the text message from Kai? Hope you do well on your showcase tomorrow :)

From: Suho

 

To: Sang Hee

GO LUCK ON THE SHOWCASE TOMORROW! HWAITING~!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDD

From: Chanyeol

 

To: Sang Hee

Best of luck on the showcase tomorrow~!! Though I haven't heard your voice yet, I'm sure you'll be the best singer out there~!^^ Besides me and D.O. of course ;) kekekekekekeke~!^^ :)

From: Baekhyun

 

To: Sang Hee

You'll do absolutely amazing, Sang Hee-ah! Don't worry about what people may think tomorrow. I love you.

From: Kris 

 I love you. I read the text message over and over again. And quite frankly that was all the encouragement I needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------