06.

I Ran Away and Met You

I was sitting in the car silently. If I moved they'd stare at me. Like watching my every move. I felt weird. Should I say something? I'm sort of confused now.

 

"Don't worry, by the way, we won't hurt you," he smiled. I nodded.

 

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

 

"Our dorm," he said.

 

"Dorm?" I asked.

 

"Yeah. I'll tell you soon," he assured.

 

"Okay," I said.

 

We drove for a while. Then after 10 minutes of driving, we arrived at a building. Like an apartment building. So they live here? Seems cool. I smiled. The guy hat knows English helped me out of the van. He also took my backpack for me. What a gentleman. I walked beside him since I only knew him.

 

"What's your name?" I asked curiously.

 

"Kwak Youngmin, but you can call me Aaron, but you spell it with one A, so its Aron," he said.

 

"Cool," I smiled.

 

We got in an elevator. That's when I decided to be quiet. We went up a couple floors. I don't know how many because I wasn't paying attention. Then we stepped out and walked to a door. Aron opened the door. They made me go first.

 

"Hyung!" Aron called out.

 

They're 'hyung' came out and stared at me weird. Aron was talking to him. I guess explaining why I'm with them. I feel bad though. They are taking care of me.

 

"How'd you exactly end up here?" Aron asked.

 

"Well... I was going to Japan and I guess I grabbed the wrong ticket and got on the plane to here," I lied.

 

"Why didn't you pay attention?" he asked.

 

"I'm a scatter brain, sorry," I felt bad.

 

"Its okay," he smiled. I nodded.

 

"Do you want to go back?" he asked,"like soon?"

 

"Uh. No! I actually want to stay here and learn about my culture. I don't know anything about Korea, and I guess I'd like to learn," I said. That wasn't exactly a lie.

 

"Okay. Do you have family here?" he asked.

 

"No," I lied. I pretended to look sad,"they've died."

 

"I'm sorry," he patted my head.

 

He talked with his hyung. I guess he was telling him about what we were talking about. I feel bad for lying. I usually don't lie. Its not something I like or am used to.

 

"Well, soon, we'll be eating and going to sleep. We're busy tomorrow, and I don't think we can take you unless we ask," he said.

 

"Okay," he said.

 

Then he spoke to the 4 other guy. One of them looked kind of like a girl. At least I won't be the only girl here!