26.

I Ran Away and Met You

"Let's get you home now," he said,"your mom probably wants you home."

 

"Okay," I nodded.

 

We were holding hands as we walked back to his car. He opened the door for me and I smiled. Then he got in the car and he started driving. We soon got to my house and I guess our parents were here too. Lilly was outside. Aron then parked his car and we exited the car. I waved to Lilly and she waved back. We soon got to where Lilly was standing.

 

"Please come in," she opened the door.

 

We both came in with her behind us. Lilly could have gone first. She didn't have to do that. She always does this. She's very important, we don't have to go first. We took off our shoes. Then Lilly turned around.

 

"Would you like me to make hot chocolate?" she asked,"its cold, so it can warm you up."

 

"Yes please, Lilly," I said.

 

"What about you Mr. Aron?" she asked.

 

"Me too please," he smiled.

 

"I will bring it to you shortly," she smiled.

 

"Thank you," we said in unison,

 

We then went into the living room where our parents were talking. When we entered they became silent, but smiled. I smiled back then bowed and sat in one of the couches. Aron sat next to me.

 

"Have you made a decision, Sora?" my mom asked.

 

"I actually have," I said,"I'm agreeing to the marriage."

 

"What about you, Aron?" he mother asked.

 

"I'm agreeing to it too," he said,"can't really say no when I proposed and she said yes."

 

"Awhhhh," my mom said.

 

"You did?!?" his mother squeeled.

 

"Yes," I smiled.

 

"Awhhh! How cute," our mothers squeeled together. Then Lilly came in and gave us our hot chocolate.

 

"Thank you, Lilly," we said

 

"You're welcome," she smiled and left.

 

"You can tell us another time," they said,"we'll start planning tomorrow."

 

"Oh okay," I nodded.

 

"Aron, have you told her?" his father said.

 

"Told me what?" I asked. I sipped from my hot chocolate.

 

"I'll be going back to Korea in a few days," he said,"I have to get working."

 

"Why didn't you tell me...?" I asked.

 

"I wasn't sure," he said,"I'm sorry, Sora."

 

"Its fine, but come and visit me," I said,"I wouldn't want to be all alone. Visit me by cheering me at lacrosse games. I'll be joining again. Also for my graduation at the end of the year too."

 

"Okay. I will," he smiled and hugged me.

 

"Pinky promise?" I showed him my pinky.

 

"Promise," he laced his pinky with mine.

 

"Okay," I smiled.

 

"We'll be planning tomorrow then," my mother said.

 

"Sounds fine," I nodded.

 

"Planning together," my future mother-in-law said.

 

"Son, planning is pretty boring... but it worth it when you're with the person you love, so stick through it," he said.

 

"Its exciting for a girl," my mother said,"its something we all wait for."

 

"So tomorrow at 8:00AM," my mother-in-law said.

 

"I'll be ready," I nodded.

 

"So will I," Aron said.

 

"Good then," our mothers said.

 

"Let's get going, son, you will be needing sleep to wake up fully rested tomorrow," his father said.

 

"All right," he said.

 

"Bye, Sora," he kissed me on the cheek.

 

"Bye, Aron," I hugged him.

 

"Bye, Sora dear," his mother hugged me.

 

"Bye," I smiled.

 

"Bye, Sora," his father patted my head.

 

"Bye," I smiled.

 

"Bye, omunni," Aron hugged my mom.

 

"Bye, Aron," my mom smiled.

 

I saw Lilly attending them as they were leaving. They were very kind to Lilly. I can tell she liked them. Then I went to the living room with my mom. My mom smiled and hugged me.

 

"I remember when you were just born," she smiled,"and now you're getting married to the person you love. I'm so proud. You're also going to be graduating. You're all grown up now. My job is done with you."

 

"Awh, mom," I hugged her.