18.

I Ran Away and Met You

Author's POV's

A week and Sora wasn't feeling any better. She barely ate and was getting weaker and getting light. Even though she pretended to be okay even though she wasn't.  If they'd take her to a hospital, they'd find ot who she is and she'd be back with her family. Which she doesn't want, but who knows now. They'd probably be mad that she lied.

 


Sora's POV

"Sora, don't lie to me, I know your sick," Aron said,"let's go to a hospital. You don't look well."


"No! I'm fine," I lied and forced a smile.


"Sora!" he yelled.


"I'm fine," I repeated.


"Let's go, Sora, " he picked me up and looked at me with a worried expression,"you're very light now, Sora, this is bad. You haven't been eating either, have you?"


"No," I looked away. I couldn't lie to him,"please put me down. "


"I care about you, Sora, I don't want to lose you," he said


"I just need to rest," I said,"that's it, so let me rest."


"Fine," he put me down on the bed.


"Thanks," I mumbled.


"I'm going to be beside you then," he said.


"Okay, " I said.


He put his arms around me. I got closer to him and let my eyes close. I need to rest and show him its okay... He already knows that I'm not okay... I soon drifted to sleep. Into nice, peaceful sleep.
 



"Sora! Sora! Wake up!" it was Aron's voice.

 

I opened my eyes. I was shaking and my heart beat was unusual. It was too fast. I tried to calm myself, but I ended up crying. I can't do this anymore. In my sleep I felt fine, but why am I like this now? I feel really weak now.


"Sora, we're leaving now," he said.


"No! You can't! No!" I yelled out.

 

"What's going on?" sunbaenim came in.

 

"Sora is sick. We need to take her to a hopital," Aron said.

 

"I thought you were feeling better, Sora," sunbaenim shook his head.

 

"You knew, hyung?" Aron said.

 

"Sora didn't want you to worry, isn't that right?" sunbaenim said

 

"Yes. You are very busy and I'm not important right now," I said.

 

"Sora, how could you say that?" Aron said,"we're taking you now."


He carried me off the bed and out the apartment. Sunbaenim got the car. I couldn't talk or even move. I would be out of breath easily. We got into the car. He made me lay my head on his lap. I couldn't do much now. I felt his hand gently pat my hear. I closed my eyes and fell asleep again.
 



I slowly opened my eyes. I looked around. I'm at the hospital? No...! They weren't lying to me. It was a plain, white room. I was in the bed attached to things. This can't be. This is one of my worst nightmares. I hate hospitals. I can't be like this. I started panicing. I breathed slowly.


"This can't be," I sighed.


Then I heard someone open the door. I looked up to see who it was. I waited to see who it was and it was someone I didn't want to see. It was my mom. No. No. No. I knew this would happen. She'd eventually find me.


"Sora, dear," she looked at me worried,"I found you."


"I didn't want you to find me," I looked away,"I was fine on my own."


"I can see you speak Korean well now. I'm proud," she smiled,"but fine on your own? Look where you are."


"I don't care," I said,"I may be here, but that's my problem. Its my health."


"Sora, please don't be like this," she said,"I care about you and I was very worried."


"You know why I left right?" I said,"because you wanted to marry me off to some unknown guy! For your advantage! Did you ever consider my feelings for once? No! Its always what I have to do and what Chaeyeon gets to do!"

 

I didn't realize that I was yelling or crying until I was running out of my own breath. My mom came to my side and patted my back gently and soon I was calm.


"I know. I'm sorry, Sora," she looked sad,"it isn't fair to you because your elder sister gets to do what she wants. I'm sorry, dear."


"Sorry, mom? Its the first time you have ever said that to me. Do you mean it?" I said.


"I do mean it, Sora," she said,"but if you could at least meet the boy, it would mean a lot to me."


"Okay," I said,"do I have to go back to California with you?"


"Yes. We are going home tomorrow in the morning when you get discharged," she said.


"What is wrong with me, mom?" I asked,"please tell me."


"Sora, remember when I told you that you were always different?" she asked.


"Yes," I nodded.


"You've had a very weak heart since you were young. Those many surgeries and medicine were due to your weak heart," she said.

 

"Is that why I got sick?" I asked.


"Yes. Sometimes your heart beats unusually too," she said.


"I see," I nodded.


"When you come back home with me, I will stop stressing you out and let you relax," she said,"I didn't know that I caused you so much stress."


"Okay," I said,"I probably caused you a lot of stress too."


"Its fine now. At least I found you, so rest now," she said,"I'll come back tomorrow."


"Okay," I closed my eyes.


My mom helped me lay down and tucked me in. I feel tired and better. I'll just let myself sleep then. I guess I just wanted to sleep. So I closed my eyes and entered the dream world.

 


 

I don't know how long I slept, but I woke up fully awake and well rested. I was hungry though and I wanted to eat. I'd eat anything. I'm really hungry. I decided to gently get up. The door opened and I saw Aron. He looked at me differently and he was silent.


"Why did you lie to me?" he spoke in a gentle voice,"how come everyone else knew you were sick and I wasn't aware?"


"I'm sorry, " I said,"I didn't want you to worry about me. You had enough with your comeback. You came home late and tired. I'm not important."


"But you lied to me! I trusted you, couldn't you trust me?" he said,"Sora, you are very important to me."


"I didn't mean to lie," I said.


"Not only did you lie to me but to everyone else," he said,"about you. You said you had no family."


"I'm sorry," I repeated.

 

"Tell me," he said,"why did you run away?"

 

"I was going to be engaged to some guy I didn't love," I said,"but if I didn't run away then I wouldn't have met you. I'm happy I met you, Aron."


"You didn't have to lie," he said,"I would have supported you."


"I'm sorry. I didn't think you would," I said.


"You should have trusted me a little more," he said,"the way I trusted you..."


"I'm sorry," I said once again.

 

"When you go back... are you still going to get engaged?" he looked away.

 

"I... don't know. My mom wants me to meet the guy at least," I said.

 

"Would you replace him for me,if you had to?" he asked.

 

"I wouldn't want to," I softly said.


I looked at his saddened face. He was disappointed in me. I'm was disappointed at myself too. I watched him slowly walk to the door and leave. I felt a pain in my chest. Why? Why am I so stupid? If I had to marry the guy... I would, but I'd never forget Aron.

 


Hey guys~! I finally updated... Hehe. Sorry. I hope this is long enough to forgive me for not updating. I got sick this weak and I had a lacrosse game, so yeah. I'm making this story a bit shorter than what I thought it would. So yeah. I hoped you have enjoyed~~~