27.

I Ran Away and Met You

"Now go get some rest for tomorrow," my mom sa\id.

 

"Okay," I nodded.

 

I then finished my hot chocolate and went to bed. I got into my pajamas and wahed up.I got into bed and played my a song. What song? Its called Here To Stay by Shiro Sagisu. Its a song that reminds me of my dad. I looked at the picture I had of me and my dad. I was a baby in that picture it was at a park in Seoul. I used to live there, but we moved when I was 2.

 

"Hey dad," I said,"guess what? I'll be getting married in a few months to Aron Kwak. You probably know because you're watching over me, but I still wanted to tell you... Dad... I miss you. I miss you a lot. You've been gone for so long... it makes me sad that you can't see me get married. Its okay though. You can see me from where you are. You're not suffering anymore. I bet you helped me. Thanks, dad. I miss you very much. Goodnight."

 

I then closed my eyes and soon fell asleep. I did somehow feel tired. Today drained most of my energy and emotions. Its not everyday these things happen, you know?


I woke the next around 7:00AM. I took a 20 minute shower and then quickly picked an outfit. It looks sunny outside, so I might where something casual. Maybe a dress?

Then I went downstairs to get some breakfast. I smelled the food from the living room. I went into the kitchen to find Lilly making pancakes. Yum. They smelled so good. Then my mom also came downstairs.

 

"Sora, would you like some pancakes?" Lilly asked.

 

"Yes please," I said.

 

"Me too please," my mom smiled.

 

"Coming right up!" Lilly chirped.

 

My mom sat down at the table with me. Lilly brought her coffee while she brought me a cup of orange juice. I love orange juice. Its my favorite. Then Lilly came back with our pancakes. She brought syrup, untensils, and napkins.

 

"Thank you," we said.

 

"You're both very welcome," Lilly smiled.

 

"Good morning, Lilly, what's to eat?" he asked and then saw us. He came running to us to give us hugs,"good morning, mom. Good morning, Sora."

 

"Good morning, Kangin," I patted his head.

 

"Kangin, do you want pancaked?" Lilliy asked.

 

"Yes, please," he nodded.

 

He sat down with us. Then Lilly came with a plate of pancakes and a cup of milk. We were eating together as a family. Sort of. Chaeyeon and her husband, Sam, were missing. I prefer them not to be here though. I finished eating and Lilly took my plate. Then my mom was done eating and Lilly took her plate too.

 

"Kangin, sweetie, we're going somewhere, okay? We'll be back. Please behave and listen to Lilly. Okay?" my mom said.

 

"And if you're really good, I'll bring you a friend to play with you, okay?" I said.

 

"Okay. I'll behave, Sora," he said.

 

"Good," I smiled.

 

"Let's go, Sora," my mom called.

 

"I'm coming," I walked over,"see you later, Kangin."

 

I ran out to the car. Dave got the car ready and my mom was getting on. I quickly got in too. I didn't want to be late for this. Even though I know the wedding won't be soon. I want to plan this right.

 

"Aron and his mother are in a cafe right now with the wedding planner," my mother said,"Dave drive us to Dawn Cafe please."

 

"Ye, ma'am," he said.

 

We are now on our way to Dawn Cafe where Aron, his mother, and the wedding planner was. We soon got there. It took about 10 minute. It was sort of close by. We walked and I hugged Aron then bowed to his mom who ended up giving me a hug. Then we sat down.

 

"So everyone is here?" the wedding planner asked.

 

"Yes," I nodded.

 

"My name is Yura Choi," she smiled,"nice to meet you."

 

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Sora Shin," I said.

 

"So you're the lucky bride. We'll make this an exciting wedding to be at since both of you are young," she said.

 

"Okay then," I nodded.

 

"Do you have a location in mind?" she asked.

 

"Um..." I thought.

 

"I actually do," Aron spoke.

 

"Where?" Yura asked.

 

"The beach for the location," Aron said.

 

"Oh! Good job! I like the idea," I squealed.

 

"Is that okay with the mothers?" she asked.

 

"Seems great," our mothers responded. 

 

"Okay. The dress? The suit?" she asked as she was writing down information.

 

"Not yet," Aron and I responded.

 

"A date for the wedding?" she asked.

 

"I would like it in December. Is that okay, Aron?" I asked.

 

"Yeah," he nodded.

 

"Okay. December," she wrote down.

 

"On the 20th around 12:00PM," Aron said.

 

"Good day," I said.

 

"About how many people do you plan on inviting?" she asked.

 

"Mom?" I said.

 

"Well you'd invite family and friends," she said.

 

"Okay," I nodded.

 

I'd ask about most of my friends and of course my family. There's also Aron's family, friends, and co-workers. Then also our parent's co-worked. Lilly and Dave too!

 

"Around 250?" I thought out loud.

 

"I was thinking the same," Aron said.

 

"250 people," Yura wrote down.

 

"Have you registered your engagement?" she asked.

 

"No," we responded.

 

"Okay," she said,"so later or soon this week register your engagement and then call me to plan the engagement party too. Would it be around 150 people?"

 

"Yes," my mother said.

 

"Okay. The ring?" she asked.

 

"We will be looking for that later today and we'll also register our engagement."

 

"Okay," she said,"bridesmaids or groomsmen? Best man? Ring barrer?"

 

"Well get back to you on that," I said.

 

"Music?" she said,"don't forget the special song."

 

"We'll get back to you on that too," we said.

 

"Oh and the food," she said.

 

"Some thing western?" I looked at Aron.

 

"Sounds fine," Aron smiled.

 

"Okay," she wrote down more stuff,"so that's the basic. If you need anything just call me. If I don't answer call the company or I'll call you back."

 

"Okay," I nodded as she gave us her business card.

 

"Thanks," Aron said.

 

"We're done, so just call me if you need anything," she stood up,"I must go back to the company. It was nice meeting you all."

 

"It was. Thank you," our mothers said.

 

We starting leaving too. We were outside the cafe. I was amused by this. It is kind of borring, but exciting at the same. I wonder what we're going to do now. 

 

"So we will leave you now to do your things," my mom said.

 

"Where are you going?" I asked.

 

"We're going shopping,"Aron's mother said.

 

"Cool!" I smiled.

 

"We'll get planning then," Aron said.

 

"See you later," I grabbed his hand and started walking.


School is over soon! I'm just so excited!!! But so many dumb English projects :( I hate it~ Anyways, this chapter took a while since I don't know anything about weddings haha >< but now I got an idea. I had no homework today. I'll try to keep it like that for the rest of the week so that I can actually update