Chpater 8 -- Catching Up

Mind Captivity

 

"Well, I had to work in the factory that Soyu has to make steel. No one knows what it's for but they have to keep making it," Sungjong told her.

"No one has any guesses?" She asked.

"There are rumors that she is using it to expand her castle but to also use it to rebuild this abandoned castle on the eastern side of the country." Sungjong told her.

"There's an abandoned castle out there? Why wouldn't Soyu want it?" She asked.

"People say she is using it. But she's using it for some storage or something. No one is allowed on that side of the city anyway. Except for her best friends." Sungjong said.

"Soyu has friends?" Seomin asked in surprise.

Sungjong just laughed at her reaction, "Yes, Soyu has friends. 3 girls to be exact. No one really know their names, but they walk around the city sometimes. They just ignore everyone though." 

"Is there anything else that they do?" Seomin asked, inching closer to Sungjong. This story about city life seemed interesting.

"They are all known to mess with Black Magic but that's it." Sungjong said, "No one knows anything else."

"Soyu has friends...." Seomin repeated, still unable to get over this fact.

"Yeah. But she doesn't have anyone other than that. The whole country hates her." Sungjong said.

"I thought no one lives there." She asked.

"Everyone lives underground, at least those that stay permanently do. The others that live on the surface are just visitors." Sungjong explained.

"Isn't it suffocating to live with the Black Magic?" Seomin asked.

"A little. But Soyu regulates her powers around the city to ensure that the visitors she likes don't die." He answered.

"What else did you do?" She asked.

"We had other jobs to complete but mostly the iron works." He said.

"Not telling her bad things are you, Sungjong?" Dongwoo interrupted as he walked in the cave with Hoya.

Sungjong glared at Dongwoo, "Of course not. I wouldn't want to ruin anything for you." He huffed.

The duo sat down and Hoya ruffled Sungjong's hair, trying to get the feathers out of it.

"He's just joking, Jongie." Hoya told him.

"I know, Hoya hyung." Sungjong smiled at Hoya.

"I swear you like him better than me, Sungjong." Dongwoo shook his head at Sungjong in disappointment.

"Maybe only a little." Sungjong admitted.

Seomin put her head on Dongwoo's shoulder and yawned.

"Don't fall asleep yet, Seomin. I got something to ask you." He said.

"Hurry. I'm sleepy." She told him.

"Would you like to Inspirit with us?" He asked her directly.

"What." She pulled away from him and turned in shock. "Why?"

"I want to show you something and I also want you to go to the city with me. You never liked it when it was just you. But I'm sure I could show you that it's different." Dongwoo said, trying to convince her to go with him. He wanted to experiment with something when they went Inspirit but if Seomin knew she would never agree to it.

"We will all go." Hoya said and Sungjong nodded in agreement.

"Why do you and me to go back there?" She asked him.

"I want you to give it another chance. Just to see the people there and admit that they have some good traits." He told her.

Seomin crossed her arms over her chest, "If I still don't like it after his time will you give up?" She asked him.

He left up his pinky finger to her, "I promise."

Seomin linked her pinky with his and nodded, "Fine. One more chance." She said.

Here we're smiles all around, "You won't regret it, noona." Sungjong told her.

"Yeah, yeah. Lets go to sleep now." She said.

Hoya put out some of the fire, just enough to keep them warm for the night, but not enough to call attention.

"Good night." Seomin said, as she curled up into Dongwoo.

"Good night, Seomin."

"Good night, noona."

Silence ensued and the soft snores of everyone around her as she fell into a deep slumber.

---

She waited for him to appear, he always visited her now. He would be here.

She found herself dressed up again, this time she wore a plan white dress. It wasn't anything fancy, it was just something simple.

She wandered around a dark hallway, just waiting for him to appear. White pillars with gold accents passed her by.

This place was different from the last dream they has shared together but she didn't question it. Sunggyu had seen more of a castle than she did.

She saw a blur of dark long hair in front of her and she froze.

"What are you doing awake, princess?" The girl with long dark hair lithely approached her.

Seomin could see the Black Magic oozing out of her pores, her evil smile revealing her true intentions with her.

"Who are you?" Seomin asked.

The girl didn't answer and just held her palm out to her mumbling something under her breath. 

Seomin moved back away from her, she smiled wider at her.

"You can't run from me, princess." The girl told her.

She stopped moving and waited, if she couldn't run then she might as well face her fate head on like her father taught her.

The girl closed the gap between them, a smirk still on her face. "Very good, princess." She said, before grasping her head, the Black Magic slithering around her.

The girl continued to mutter her words and Seomin tried to fight her off but the Black Magic tethered her to the girl.

The tendrils encased her and she felt it drag something out of her. It continued to do this and she felt herself grow weaker. 

Her vision blurred before she fell to the side, when the girl caught her.

The girl carried Seomin out towards the gates of the castle, "Here, you know what to do with her." She told the two boys that waited for her.

"Is Nana waiting for us there?" One asked.

"Yes, Jung Su. She's waiting for whenever you come." The girl answered.

"Have sweet dreams, Princess." The other boy whispered as they carried her off in the forest.

 

Author's Note:
UPDATE :) Lol.. though i kinda left another cliffy.. 
ANYWAY. here you are :) <3
Enjoy ^^
P.S. I'm half asleep right now. so forgive any blatant grammar and spelling errors.