Chapter 5 -- Once Upon A Dream

Mind Captivity

 

His muscles felt tired, like he wanted to move them but he couldn't.

Well, he already knew that he couldn't, he hadn't moved for two years and it wasn't by choice. If he could, he wanted to dance, you could never get him to admit it, but he loved the balls that were held every year for Jieun's birthday.

He always had to make himself available to the possible girls that would be his Destined, but he enjoyed dancing with Jieun the most. She never stepped on his feet, one of the main reasons why he enjoyed dancing with her.

He wanted to have another ball like that again, to move his legs and spin a girl around, ignoring the world around him with the girl he was dancing with.

It was his own little perfect bubble of happiness. At least that's how he imagined dancing with his Destined would be like. Maybe it wouldn't be like that though, reality hardly matched expectations.

He wandered around his dream world as he waited for Seomin to fall asleep, he knew that it would be soon, she always showed up around the same time every night.

He knew that he wanted to pick the dream they shared tonight, but he was indecisive over which choice he wanted. He took another step and noticed the surroundings change, his heart had chosen for him already.

Looking down, he was already dressed in his traditional tuxedo that he would wear to a ball like this. He used his own black tie, however, and saw his favorite music note cuff links on him as well.

His heart wanted him to dance with her, he wondered what her dress would look like, she looked like a girl that didn't like dresses, maybe she wouldn't like this dream.

Maybe she hated dresses and dancing and doing anything like this. He didn't want to disappoint her, maybe he should change the dream.

His heels clacked along the floor as he paced around in a circle in anxiety, he wanted to dance with her but he didn't want to force her. He walked around over and over again, in front of the grand staircase, just waiting.

in a moment, the whole world seemed to pause and he turned to look at the top of the stairs, and there she was.

Her hair was down, in beautiful curls, it looked so soft, he just wanted to run his fingers through her hair. She took more steps down slowly, and he saw the dress she had picked for herself.

It was not the typical ball gown but something that he thought fit her character perfectly, peach in color and a high low hemline to showcase her legs and gave her the ability of free movement, unconstricted.

She took each step towards him slowly, before stopping and looking at him with a smile.

"Why did you pick a dream like this?" She asked him.

He smiled immediately, his eyes turning into small lines, "Because I wanted to dance with you." He answered simply, extending his hand out to her.

She placed her hand in his and bent slightly, acknowledging that she welcomed the dance. He wondered if she was nervous, she didn't seem like the time that attended balls like this all the time.

He would lead her to dance and not scare her away, he hoped. He took a step back and let her take a step forward to follow him. He took her other hand in his and started to guide the way.

The box step was simple, back, left, front, and right. They moved across the room, slowly. He wanted to spin her, but he was afraid that she would misstep and the perfection of the moment would be ruined.

So he stayed cautious until Seomin herself held her hand and waited for him to guide her into a spin, she did it ever so slowly, taking her time with the spin.

Step by step, she turned in a circle and turned back around to face him with a smile on her face.

"This all feels very familiar, Prince Sunggyu."

He smiled at her, "I'm not sure what to tell you, Seomin. I don't know why it's familiar to you, because I know we have never dreamed this together before." He said.

She frowned slightly, "Then why would it be familiar?"

Sunggyu led her into a spin again and she followed it through, "Perhaps it has to do with those princess dreams of yours." He told her, spinning her off once more.

She accidentally let go of his hand and she spun away.

Leaving him alone, as she was awake now.

 

Author's Note:
LOL. UNNI :) I LOVE YOU :) HEHE :3
Here's an update. I finally finished it ;) hehe :3
I'll try to update faster.. T.T
Aish.. anyway. love this dream :)