Chapter 17 -- Dream Visit

Mind Captivity

Seomin continued walking her way as she noticed the black magic grow thicker. She knew she was getting closer to the center of the forest. There was no way, she was far from it, because Soyu would definitely strengthen her magic the closer she got.

She knew that she was looking for the castle, but it was time for her to find some shelter. She had to find someplace safe to sleep for the night. Her body knew that the sun was setting and she had to keep herself safe. There might be more bandits later or the black magic would try to harm her in her sleep.

She looked around and saw a thick tree trunk and several thick branches sprouting from it. That tree would be enough to hold her weight for the night, but it was surrounded by the most black magic. She sighed to herself before approaching it, it would be best if she could sleep in this tree. 

But the risk of being in surrounded by so much black magic for too long was a big risk. She leaned back against the tree as she decided whether or not to take the risk, she sensed another presence start slither her way. Living in the forest for too long made all of her sense hyper alert. She was started to feel the black magic snake towards her, she never experienced it before but the presence of something foreboding pushed her beyond her limit.

Without hesitation, she climbed the tree behind her, sat on the thickest branch and started to tie the rope around herself. She would be safe for the night and get some sleep. It never occurred to her that the tree had less black magic surrounding it.

She fell asleep quickly, her body was exhausted after trying to beat the dark magic around her all day. She fell into a pure white room and saw Sunggyu walking towards her. 

"Hello, Seomin." Sunggyu greeted her with a kiss on her cheek. She blushed before pulling away from him.

"Hello, Sunggyu." She replied, "How are you?" 

"I am doing much better now." Sunggyu smiled, "What about you?" 

"Umm… There is something I have to tell you, Sunggyu. You're not going to like it though." She mumbled softly, avoiding his gaze. 

"You can tell me anything, Seomin." Sunggyu assured her, he squeezed her hand gently. 

She sighed and looked up at him, "Well…"

"Oppa!" Jieun screamed out as she ran towards him.

Seomin and Sunggyu turned towards her direction, just in time for Sunggyu to catch Jieun without falling down.

"What are you guys doing here?" Sunggyu asked.

"Hyung." The boy said as he walked up casually to them, a smile across his face.

"Myungsoo." Sunggyu greeted with a smile.

Seomin stood to the side but then Sunggyu grabbed her hand, "Seomin, I would like you to meet my brother, Myungsoo, and my sister Jieun." He introduced as Jieun moved back to hug Myungsoo intimately.

Seomin looked at the couple, confused with the introduction as well as the current position they were in.

Sunggyu stared at her and chuckled a little, "It's not like that." He told her, "We adopted Jieun when she was young so that she would grow up alongside Myungsoo and he would love her." He explained.

"It was a risk that they took. Because there was a chance I wouldn't like her." Myungsoo said playfully, hugging Jieun close.

"Fat chance. You were obsessed with me the moment I was introduced to you." Jieun teased.

"That's nice of you guys to crash our time together, but what are you doing here?" Sunggyu asked them, rolling his eyes at their banter. 

"We are here to tell you that Seomin is going to get you." Jieun said, smiling at Seomin.

"She's doing what?" Sunggyu looked at her in surprise. 

"That was the thing that I was trying to tell you, before Jieun showed up." Seomin mumbled quietly. "I'm in the Dark Forest right now."

"You are trying to get him away from Soyu, but the Dark Forest in dangerous, you don't know what could get you there." Sunggyu told her.

"I know, but I wasn't about to let you give up your throne because you're asleep and in her clutches." Seomin replied. 

"Fine. I can't stop you. And I'm grateful to you, but still beware of Soyu. She isn't as innocent as she seems. She's very manipulative." Sunggyu warned her.

"I'm not afraid." Seomin said confidently, "She isn't worth my fear if she hides behind black magic. At least fight fairly."

Sunggyu covered with his hand, eyes wide with fear, "Don't say something like that. This is how I got into this situation. I don't want to lose you too." He told her.

Seomin removed his hand from her face gently, "You won't. Now I gotta wake up and get going." She said, walking out of the dream on her own.

"She's good." Myungsoo praised her as they watched her walk away.

"She's perfect. Which is what worries me." Sunggyu sighed as he turned around back to his own dreamscape.