Chapter 9 -- Hindrances

Mind Captivity

 

Seomin jumped awake as she clawed at the things around her. She found her hands fisted in Dongwoo's shirt, as she panicked.

What had just happened to her? The dreams she had shared with Sunggyu never happened like that. She was never hurt in any way in them, and yet this last one.

Was this even a dream she shared with him? It was the same girl from her other nightmares too.

But the girl never touched her before either, but the girl always called her 'princess.'

That always confused her, she was no princess. She might have dreams of her running around in dresses with a tiara on her head but that has nothing to do with reality.

She took a deep breath in, oxygen filling her lungs. She realized she wasn't breathing earlier. The panic had ensued, she was dreaming out. But now she was breathing regularly again.

And she wasn't in any castle, she was in the cave, with Hoya, Sungjong, and Dongwoo. She was safe, nothing was wrong with her.

"Noona, are you alright?" Sungjong asked sleepily, he was rubbing his eyes as he sat up. He was always the lightest sleeper among them.

Seomin smiled at him, "I'm fine, Sungjong." She said.

"Another nightmare?" He asked her.

She shook her head immediately in denial, "No."

But Sungjong didn't fall for it, "I thought you didn't get them when Dongwoo hyung was around." He said.

Seomin sighed, "I know. I don't know what happened this time." She said sadly.

Sungjong made his way over to her and gave her a hug, "It's okay, noona. Maybe you just need to talk about it again." He told her.

She nodded before taking in a deep breath, "It was the same girl it always is. But she actually touched me this time and I could see her Black Magic. But she kept calling me 'princess' and she took something from me. I think." She explained.

"That's all you saw?" He asked her.

"Yeah. After that, nothing." She answered.

"Maybe you can talk to a fortune teller when we get to Inspirit, she can help you decipher your nightmares." He suggested.

"Fortune tellers do that?" She turned to him in surprise.

"The ones in Inspirit do. Haven't you heard the stories of them?" Sungjong told her.

"No. Everyone always talks about Starship, never Inspirit." She said.

"Well, the story goes that the male heirs of the Kim family, rulers of Inspirit, can dream walk. They all are born with it, when they marry or find the one they are destined to be with, the female earns the privilege to dream walk as well. That's why the fortune tellers can interpret dreams in Inspirit. They're trained to do so, as ordered by the Kim family." He said.

Seomin was quiet as she digested this information. Was that similar to what Sunggyu did when he visited her? Before she ask Sungjong what dream walking was specifically, he stood up and brushed the dust of her pants.

"That's just a story though," He said, "Come on, let's wake these two. We gotta get moving.

Sungjong walked over to Hoya as he left Seomin in charge of waking up Dongwoo. Everyone else had a particularly difficult waking him up, but not her. She shook him viciously in different directions and it always startled Dongwoo awake.

"I'm up..." Hoya groaned as Sungjong woke him. Seomin did her usual ritual to Dongwoo and he woke up instantly.

Dongwoo looked at her with a smile on his face, "Good morning." He greeted.

"Good morning, Dongwoo oppa." Seomin replied. 

The four of them got their things together before they made their way out of the cave. The sun was out and the heat was barely touching them, it was still early.

"Shall we head out then?" Dongwoo said.

"Let's get this over with." Seomin said with slight reluctance. 

"You will be happier with us there." He assured her as they started to walk through the trees.

"I'm sure." She replied.

---

Bora stood on a tree branch, watching them. Tendrils of black magic ebbed around her as she glared at the girl. She knew she should have killed her when she had the chance.

But their leader had to suggest the memory wipe. It wouldn't have been permanent, but she was so sure it would be effective until the Prince was 25.

She scoffed, her plan was always better but she was outranked and so nothing ever followed through.

"What would you like us to do, sister?" Nana hissed as the tendrils reached out to touch her.

"Nothing. You will do nothing. They will recognize you, everyone knows you all in these woods." Bora replied.

"You're just going to let her venture to Inspirit where she could get her memory back?" Lizzy asked.

Bora smiled evilly, "Of course not. That's what I have the boys for." She snapped her fingers and they jumped out of their hiding places and rushed to attack the band of four.

The eight of them chased after them, causing slight panic but having lived there their whole lives, they were quick. The group split into pairs, Hoya and Seomin, Dongwoo and Sungjong.

Their enemy picked their sides and separated into two groups of four. 

"Don't want us to pass?" Hoya snarled at them.

"We don't want her to pass." Their leader pointed at Seomin.

"What's she got to do with anything?" Dongwoo shouted from the other side.

"She has to do with everything." The second in command came forward to speak.

"Guess we'll just have to fight it out then." Hoya rolled his shoulders in excitement.

The enemy smirked and went on the offensive, the pairs worked together to take them down individually. Seomin's petite body gave her an edge with agility while Hoya had his strength to balance her out. The two of them managed to take down three of them, leaving behind the leader who was attacking them.

"2 versus 1 is hardly fair." He commented.

"You didn't seem to have a problem with numbers when they were in your favor." Seomin remarked, dropping low to trip him off his feet. It worked but the spin caused her vision to blur and she blinked several times to get it back but it wouldn't.

She kept seeing Sunggyu standing there, worried, he tried to chase her off, shouting at her to leave, to go back.

But she couldn't.

Their leader smirked as this gave him an advantage to kill the girl, he launched himself at her.

"Seomin!" Hoya called to her, trying to get her attention. She spun around to the sound of his voice but she couldn't see him.

 

Author's Note:
UPDATE :) heheh :3
lol.. well.. given what you know about everything.. 
What do you think is happening to Seomin? 
And who is attacking them ;)