Chapter 16 -- Dark Forest

Mind Captivity

Seomin treaded lightly through the forest, the ground was crawling with roots of the trees and seemed to drip water all over the ground to make it slippery. She looked around and noticed that her range of vision was growing smaller with each step she took. Eventually, she would only be able to see two steps ahead of herself.

She took a deep breath and proceeded, there was no turning back now. She was alone and she had no one else that she trusted with her. She could feel the black magic seep through the air, as if it was trying to strangle her. She tried to keep herself from inhaling too much, her body could only take so much evil.

She felt a twig break underneath her feet and she turned abruptly. Someone was here, she could feel another presence beside her. She couldn't tell what it was but she knew it was human. She leaned all the way back as someone darted over where her torso just stood.

"Damn. And here I thought I surprised you." The guy smirked as he turned to face her.

"Too bad for you, mister." Seomin responded back with attitude. She hated people like him, he was a bandit, not like her though. They took everything they could from everyone, they never shared or left anything for anyone else. 

"I'm not alone." He nodded his head and two more men came out from out of the shadows. They surrounded her with smirks on their faces.

"Now, give us all you got." The leader said and they stood in a crouching position around her.

"This is all or nothing." She warned them and they simply laughed at her. She narrowed her eyes at them, "You asked for it."

She ce on her heel and kicked one of them square in the chest as she prepared her bow for a shot. She hit the second henchman in the shoulder and he fell to the ground.

"You shouldn't move so much, you might bleed out." She told him as she set her eyes upon the leader. 

"I see you're not easy, princess. But I'm the best there is." He bragged confidently. "So you won't be able to get rid of me."

She aimed another arrow at the henchman she kicked and then spun around, hitting the leader in his right thigh. He crumbled to the ground and she stood up tall in front of him. "If you get medical attention for all of your wounds, then you'll survive. I don't shoot to kill." She told him and she walked away.

The darkness seemed to grab at them, trying to steal them away and she was given a clear path to walk. Seomin hoped she wouldn't encounter anyone else for the rest of the journey, she would run out of arrows and all those people would be on her conscience.

She didn't want to have blood on her hands.

---

The three of them stood in a dark room as they looked over their glass to watch the people. They had the power to predict the future but could do nothing to prevent it.

One of them was a woman and she stood in the middle between two men, she smiled as they watched Seomin take on the bandits easily. They had known she would encounter bandits and that the outcome would be good or incredibly horrific.

"You both are a bunch of worrywarts." She said.

"Don't you want her to survive the forest?" The older man hissed.

"Yeah, don't take the Dark Forest of Starship lightly, sister." The other said.

She simply smiled, pointing at their crystal glass to observe everyone, "Don't underestimate her, brothers. She's strong."

"Whatever you say, Soojung." The two men said.

"Tablo, Mithra. Just watch her succeed on her own." She replied with a wicked smile on her face.

"They will survive don't they?" Tablo asked her.

"They do. Well, just barely. Their pride will prevent them from seeking help right away but eventually, they will give in and barely save themselves." Soojung answered.

"Good, that girl doesn't want to have their blood on her hands." Mithra commented. "Now, all she has left to do is make it through the forest and find the castle."

"She will do it." Soojung said confidently.

"We are being practical." Tablo countered.

"Have a little faith, brothers." She reminded them.


Author's Note;
Been awhile yet again :o
Anyway~ here is another update ^^
enjoy ;)