Chapter 3 -- Nomad

Mind Captivity

 

"Wake up, Seomin.." Dongwoo said softly as he shook her body gently. It was a surprise that he was awake before she was, seeing as how he slept like the dead.

But she woke easily to his gentle shaking, "What is it, oppa?" She asked him.

"We have to get ready to find some of the others." Dongwoo said.

Seomin stretched her limbs in a yawn and she felt the joints loosen slightly as she continued her morning ritual. As a nomad, if her body wasn't lithe and flexible when she needed it to be, she would get severely hurt at the most inopportune times and she didn't want that to happen.

Getting injured out here was far more dangerous than just taking the extra time in the morning stretch. Dongwoo stretched beside her as his movements got more fluid and came naturally.

"It's as if you never left." She told him.

Dongwoo smiled, "I still stretched like this when I was in the city." He replied to her.

"Why? You didn't need to right?" She asked.

"Because it was already a habit of mine." Dongwoo shrugged, bouncing on the balls of his feet. Today was a new day which meant fighting for stock and supplies.

Despite having the full carriage of stuff, Dongwoo had stolen from Starship, in their world it never hurt to have more than they needed.

"Who do you think will be out today?" She asked him.

"No idea. I hope it's someone from Starship though. They tend to bring more than those people from Inspirit." Dongwoo replied.

Seomin nodded, "I agree. Let's go." She said, doing one final stretch before exiting the cave to go outside. Dongwoo followed behind and they walked out towards the path that the carriages had to cross.

They climbed up one of the nearby trees and waited on one of the branches, hidden from view. They knew that they needed to be able to see their targets but their targets couldn't see them.

They waited in silence for a bit before the sound of horses' hooves moved closer towards them. Dongwoo turned to her and had a wide smile on his face.

"Just like old times." He said before they both jumped down and landed on the top of the carriage.

The horses' stopped, being scared of the sudden noise and the driver jumped down before running away.

"Coward." Seomin scoffed before opening the door to the carriage. She recognized the coat and the supplies, "Why hello doctor. Why are you leaving Starship?" She asked him.

She watched him swallow before he mustered his courage to answer, "I just need to get to Inspirit." He said.

"For what?" A deep voice interrupted her interrogation and she turned her head to the right and saw a familiar face.

"I just need to get to Inspirit." The doctor repeated.

Seomin reverted her attention back to the man, "Too bad for you. We like getting medical supplies, you know." She told him.

"I can give you the medical supplies, just let me pass through to Inspirit myself." The doctor said.

"What is it about getting to Inspirit in one piece?" The man next to her questioned.

"I just need to go there." The doctor replied with no confidence.

" for you then." He said, pulling the doctor out of the carriage as Dongwoo freed the horses and pulled the carriage back to their cave.

"I'll meet you there." Seomin called out to him as she followed the man dragging the doctor away.

"Hey, Hoya. You have to share! I found him first!" Seomin shouted after him as she ran to keep up.

"Who said I was going to beat him up?" Hoya called back with a laugh.

Seomin gave him a look when he turned back, "I know you have been itching for a fight. You can fight Dongwoo now that he's back. So give me the stupid doctor so I can get more stuff out of him." She told him.

"What do you want from him?" Hoya stopped as she caught up to him, "He probably knows nothing."

Seomin gave him a small smile, "That's what you think." She said, before grabbing the doctor's collar and pulling him away. "Go to our usual place, Dongwoo will have food for you there." She waved to him as she walked a few feet deeper into the forest.

 

Author's Note:
FOR YOUUUU MOMO UNNIII :) OH MY GOD THAT TOOK ME FOREVER.. XD heheh :3
I have no idea where I was going with this doctor dude... Interrogation :)
BUT I BROUGHT IN HOYAAAAAA <3 hehehe :3
yayyyy :)
Okay~ :) heheh :3