Chapter 25 -- Yes to the Dress

Mind Captivity

Seomin followed Jieun as they headed down to a room in the castle. She opened the door and found a bunch of pictures plastered on the wall. Tons of white dresses everywhere, but just pictures, nothing on racks.

"What is all of this?" Seomin asked her.

Jieun smiled, "All the designs I could find of wedding dresses. I put them up for when I get married to Myungsoo." She said.

Seomin turned to her with her jaw dropped, "You're not married to Myungsoo yet? But you two are already so close and everything." She said, astonished.

"True, but Father said I couldn't get married until oppa did. So I've been waiting since then." She said, dragging her fingers over the designs slowly. 

Seomin looked at all of them, even the ones that Jieun managed to get on the ceiling. It was a low ceiling but still, she was running out of space to put designs. "Which one do you want to use for your wedding?" Seomin asked.

Jieun smirked, "That's a secret. Besides, we're focusing on your wedding right now. What kind of dress do you want? I have my pictures somewhat organized so I can direct you to a section if you have an idea." She told her.

"I think I want a short dress. I don't want to be restricted by a long dress." Seomin said.

"Go to that corner on the left side, it should be all over there." Jieun pointed out. Seomin followed her direction and saw so many feminine dresses. None of them were really her style. Some were too poofy, some had too many ruffles, others had huge bows.

She was into any of that. She just wanted a simple dress that had no ruffles, no extra stuff, nothing. One that just fit her and was comfortable to move around in. That's all.

She thumbed over all the designs on the wall and found one in the corner between the ceiling and the wall that she liked. 

"That one?" Jieun asked her. "That suits you well."

Seomin turned to her with a small smile, "It's not too plain right?" She asked.

Jieun shook her head, "No, it's your wedding. Besides, Father just wants you to be happy and for the whole world to know that oppa is back to reign." She explained.

"Then, yes. This one." Seomin said.

Jieun took the picture down and took Seomin's hand, "We have to go see a seamstress." She said. "And pick out flowers."

"I'm not really into being the center of attention though. Do we have to go through with all of this?" Seomin asked her.

"Yes. My father is not someone who accepts little parties." Jieun said. "But if you're that uncomfortable with it, then you can talk to Sunggyu and make sure you get exactly what you want."

Seomin pursed her lips, "Maybe I will."

"I can plan the rest of it, I have an idea of your taste. So you don't have anything to worry about." Jieun assured her.

"Would you really do that?" Seomin asked.

"Yes, I would. Besides, Sunggyu is already asking for you." Jieun said, opening the door to find Sunggyu standing on the other side.

"Would you like to go for a walk?" Sunggyu asked her.

"Sure. Where will we go?" Seomin asked back, taking a hold of his hand and walking away.

"I was thinking around the grounds, since you need to familiarize yourself with it." Sunggyu suggested.

"I would like that." Seomin said, as Sunggyu led the way. The two of them got outside as they felt the sun's rays on them. It was warm, but not burning.

"The sun feels nice." Sunggyu commented as he closed his eyes to its warmth.

"It has been two years since you've been outside, hasn't it?" Seomin asked. They took slow steps towards nowhere. They were just going around in a big circle it seemed. 

"It has. I missed it a lot. I never really appreciated it until now." Sunggyu admitted to her, "What about you? How are you doing?"

Seomin sighed, "This is too new for me." She admitted too.

"I know you're not used to it, but I'm sure you'll be amazing." Sunggyu told her. "I believe Sungyeol is searching for some of your relatives as well."

"I thought the King and Queen of Paradise passed away?" Seomin asked.

"Your parents did, but I'm sure you'll have a cousin or an uncle that stuck around." Sunggyu said. "I'm sure you'll have someone you remember."

"I don't want to have a big wedding." Seomin told him. Sunggyu stopped and so did she.

"Hey, don't worry about it. Our wedding is as much about you as it is about me." He said, before kissing her forehead lightly. 

"You know that this is going by incredibly quickly." Seomin commented.

"It wouldn't have been like this if we had found each other sooner. It's just that the law mandates I need to be married by the age of 25 to take the throne and my birthday is next week." Sunggyu told her.

"So you would postpone this if you could?" Seomin asked him.

Sunggyu smiled, "Baby, I would do anything to make you happy." He said, pulling her into a hug. "You know I love you right?" He asked her.

"I do. I love you too." She replied. 

After holding each other for a while, Sunggyu moved away first, "Come on, it's time for dinner. And I have to eat my favorite foods." He said, leading her back inside.


Author's Note;
Another update:)
Sorry I didn't update yesterday.
i had a case of food poisoning and was not up for it.
Enjoy this update ^^
Just two more ;)