Chapter 7 -- Not What It Used to Be

Mind Captivity

 

Hoya and Dongwoo walked out of the cave in step at each other like old times.

The two had found each other in the forest first and became best friends. Their ideals differed when it came to the City life but they always managed to have each other's back when needed.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?" Hoya asked him.

Dongwoo looked at him before chuckling and nodding, "Of course you knew." He said.

Hoya returned the smile, "We are practically brothers with the way we move and help each other in fights." He reminded him.

"Very true. Well, I wanted to tell you about what happened to me in the city." Dongwoo said.

"And it has to do with Seomin?" Hoya asked.

"I'm not sure yet. But I know one thing for sure, Starship used to be different." Dongwoo told him.

"Different how?" Hoya raised an eyebrow at him.

"Well, for one thing. This old man I talked to in the city, he said it used to be green and prosperous just as Inspirit is." Dongwoo said.

"Starship used to be green?" Hoya scoffed at the idea. "The Black Forest could have never been green."

"It was. He showed me a picture. The whole country looked beautiful." Dongwoo gazed off as he remembered the picture.

"What happened then? Princess Soyu rules now and everyone knows it's her doing that the land of Starship is like that." Hoya said in a challenging tone.

"The old man said Soyu isn't even the princess. It used to be a young girl. With long brown hair and hazel eyes with flecks of green in them." Dongwoo said slowly.

Hoya was quiet for a moment before realization dawned on him, "You mean like...?" 

"Yeah, exactly like hers." Dongwoo nodded.

"But she has always been here." Hoya said, "She hasn't known anything else but the Forest and we have been friends for years." 

Dongwoo gave him a small smile, "But we weren't the first ones to find her." He said. "Don't you remember she was with Kahi before us?" 

Hoya's lips pursed in disapproval. "She probably had her memories with them and then lost them somehow when we found her." He said.

"Or... She never had her memories to begin with." Dongwoo suggested.

"Like someone erased it?" Hoya asked. "I thought that wasn't possible."

"It's not. But with enough dark magic, people can suppress memories for as long as 20 years." Dongwoo said.

"Sungjong said something about her having nightmares, do you think she is getting them back?" Hoya said thoughtfully.

"I don't know what the nightmares are. She never has them when I'm there. I do know she has these dreams that aren't always hers. At least that's how she describes them. Someone talks to her." Dongwoo said.

"Well.. Nothing is certain. You're just guessing with the clues you have." Hoya noted.

"That's true. But it's just too coincidental that's all I'm saying. Besides I wouldn't put it past Soyu to use black magic to get what she wants. The Black Forest is already covered in it." Dongwoo said.

They gave each horse a few apples as the conversation ended.

"How do you think she'll take it?" Hoya asked.

"The way she always takes things that are new and difficult. Head on but thought out carefully." Dongwoo answered.

"This would be unbelievable, really." Hoya said.

"And yet you know that it's possible." Dongwoo pointed out. "Come on, she must be wondering where we are." 

The two of them walked back into the face to join Sungjong and Seomin.

 

Author's Note:
Another update!! <3 hehe :3
Here you areee~~ <3
some background info ISH.