Chapter 6 -- Fearless Boy

Mind Captivity

 

She was being shaken awake, making her sit up abruptly to figure out who it was.

"What? I'm awake." Seomin said harshly as she met eyes with the culprit that ruined her dream.

"We have to keep moving." He reminded her kindly, knowing that she was just a cranky morning person. He gathered the last bit of supplies that they used from last night and put it in the carriage.

Hoya took the reins of the horses and Seomin climbed into the carriage and Dongwoo followed in behind her. Immediately as she sat inside she  put her feet up on the seat on the other side. Dongwoo looked at her and shook his head.

"You never change, huh?" He asked.

Seomin smiled, "Nope I wouldn't change for no reason." She said.

He sighed, "You know it's not very feminine to sit like that." He chided.

Seomin just shrugged before looking out the window, "Where are we going?" She asked.

"We have to meet someone, but I've been told to keep it a surprise from you." He told her.

"Really?" She turned to him all excited, "Who is it?" She asked, completely ignoring what he just told her.

"I just said I can't tell you." Dongwoo reminded her and he shut his eyes, ignoring any other pleas she would make.

Hoya continued their journey past another one of their shelters and moved forward. Seomin eventually got bored of seeing the trees over and over again.

When she finally decided that she would close her eyes, Hoya stopped. Dongwoo opened his eyes, he wasn't even sleeping.

"Come on, let's go." He said, climbing out and opening the door for her.

She jumped down and landed perfectly. They approached one of their familiar caves as Hoya let the horses take a rest and drink some water.

"What am I waiting for, Dongwoo oppa?" Seomin asked him, turning around.

A huge weight landed on her shoulder and she would have fallen if it wasn't for Dongwoo's fast reflexes.

"NOOOOONNNNAAAA!!!" A high-pitched shriek immediately let her know who landed on her.

"Sungjong!!" She turned and pinched his cheeks.

"Owww.. Noona. I'm not a child anymore." He pouted.

"Aigoooo.. You're so cute, Jongie. You're a child to me." Seomin told him.

"That's not how this works!" He protested, standing up straight and puffing his chest out, "I am fearless!" He said.

"I know you are." She agreed with him, before standing up. "What are you doing surprising me for anyway?"

"I came back from the city too! And I needed to find you guys, but I found Dongwoo hyung first so he said he would just meet up with me here." He said.

"You went to the city?" Seomin asked him, "When?"

"A little bit after Dongwoo hyung went. I just went back and forth though, I didn't stay the whole time I was there." He told her.

"Why is everyone going to the city? Why aren't they happy with what we have?" She complained.

"Never mind that, Noona, I'll tell you later. First we eat!!" Sungjong cheered as they got the fire started and the food ready.

Hoya got the meat out of the carriage and fed some apples to the horses.

"How has everyone been?" Sungjong asked.

"I've been in the city as you know. Seomin has been here. And so has Hoya." Dongwoo said.

"You guys meet up secretly?" Sungjong winked at the two of them.

Seomin pushed him playfully, "Yah." She scolded.

"Just kidding, Noona. Everyone knows you've been getting those weird dreams anyway. Nightmares you call them." He replied.

"I slept well last night though." She said.

"That's because Dongwoo hyung is back." Hoya reminded her.

"I'm sorry that I can't sleep well without him there." She snapped at him.

"Well, I'm sorry I've been gone." Dongwoo said.

Seomin smiled at him, "Don't worry about it. You had something you had to do." She said.

"So do you." Dongwoo whispered, before eating his food.

They continued to eat in silence, with random questions being thrown out by Sungjong. 

"Hey kids, can you clean up, while Hoya and I tend to the horses?" Dongwoo asked them.

"Sure, sure." Seomin answered, taking their plates so the older boys could go outside.

They had paired off and started separate conversations.

"Do you want to hear about city life, Noona?" Sungjong asked her.

"Sure."

 

Author's Note:
There's no Gyu in this chapter T.T
But here's Sungjong :) hehe :3
I realize it's kinda a filler..
But ehh.. didn't want to reveal too much at once.