Chapter 23 -- Recovery

Mind Captivity

Sunggyu approached the gates and saw the looks on the two men's faces, "What happened?" They asked in unison.

 

"The Princess of Paradise is suffering from her powers cleansing the black magic from her system. She needs to rest and then she will be better in a day or so." Sungyeol cut in, standing in front of her protectively again.

 

"Sungyeol, you can stop protecting her. I don't think they will harm her." Sunggyu said softly to the younger man.

 

Sungyeol turned to Sunggyu and lowered his head, "Very well. I will go find your sister and inform her of your arrival then." He said, turning on his heel and walking into the castle.

 

"Who is that?" Dongwoo asked Sungjong.

 

"He is the guardian of Seomin noona. Apparently, she's the Princess of Paradise." Sungjong said, skipping off into the castle as well.

 

Dongwoo smiled as he looked down at Seomin, "I told you so." He smirked and nudged Hoya's elbow.

 

"I know you did. Let's get her to a bed so she can rest." Hoya said, taking her from Sunggyu's arms and walking into the castle with her easily. 

 

Dongwoo looked over Sunggyu and nodded once, "You must be Jieun's older brother." He said.

 

"I am. Has she been well?" He asked, they took several steps forward entering the castle as well. 

 

Dongwoo nodded, "She has been treating us well, as well. We have been waiting for Seomin's safe return as well as yours." Dongwoo answered.

 

"She is the Princess of Paradise, what Starship used to be before Soyu took over." Sunggyu explained.

 

"I have heard the story." Dongwoo said. They approached Jieun and Myungsoo, Dongwoo gave a slight bow. "You should talk to your sister, I'm sure she hasn't seen you in a while."

 

Sunggyu smiled at him, "Thank you for the gesture." He said, approaching Jieun as Dongwoo made himself unseen.

 

"Welcome back, oppa." Jieun greeted him happily. 

 

"It's good to be back. Where is she?" He asked her.

 

"So eager to see your Destined?" Myungsoo teased.

 

Sunggyu threw him a look, "If I recall, when you realized yours was Jieun, you wanted to steal her away for yourself as well." He countered.

 

"I said nothing." Myungsoo said, taking back his comment.

 

Jieun laughed and pointed at the door beside them, "I had Hoya leave her in that room. So feel free to do what you need to." She told him, taking Myungsoo's hand and leading him away.

 

Sunggyu gulped once before he turned to doorknob and entered her room. She looked so peaceful there on his bed and he pictured that was what it would have looked like if she had been the one that needed rescuing and not him. He pulled up a chair besides the bed and laid his head down. He would visit her in her dreams.

 

He fell slowly into her dreamscape and saw her sitting in a clearing where young animals surrounded her.

 

"I see you've recovered quite nicely." Sunggyu said, interrupting her conversation with the animals and sitting beside her.

 

"Prince Sunggyu." She greeted with a smile. "I have recovered my memories nicely. Though, I don't really understand what this means now."

 

"It means you're royalty just like I am. Which means you have responsibilities." Sunggyu told her.

 

"I need to figure out how to run my half of the country." Seomin said. "Since it seems there is no one else to run it but me." 

 

Sunggyu chuckled, "You really don't think I would leave you to do that alone. We can combine them together and you can have your half while I keep mine. But we stay here in Inspirit." He suggested to her.

 

Seomin nodded, "I would like that. But what will happen now?" She asked him, holding onto his hand.

 

He smiled, "Now, you have to wake up so we can meet everyone in person as well as see my father." He answered. 


Author's Note;
another update yay~ lol.
i shortened this again.. and it's 27 chapters now.. LOL.
Sorry guys. :o Well whenever this gets done, it gets done :o
Enjoy ^^V