Prologue

Mind Captivity

 

In the Land of Inspirit, the kingdom prospered greatly, they were fair and just to their people and they had the experience of ruling for 100 years behind them.

Corruption never happened, despite the royal line continuing throughout the family. It was said that dreamwalking had kept the males sane.

They were born with their gift. No one knew why it was this way, perhaps the Keepers of Fate had granted them the ability to walk through people's dreams, change them, talk to them, help them.

There were limitations though, only a select few could be walked through. Of course, family was family and that was always the case, however, if there was an outside person that could hear, see, feel the princes dream walking...

She was their Destined.

The Keepers of Fate knew how to keep the family line together, creating a way to find their perfect mate was ingenuous, and the family couldn't be more grateful.

Now, the women of the royal line, they were also gifted the ability to dream walk, as blood, they were gifted. Through marriage, they had to earn it from their wedding ceremony.

They were always set for big things, and the Land of Inspirit never had a downfall.

Until now.

The Land of Starship started to creep at their borders slowly, and creep was the exact term for it. The blackness seeping off their land would crawl onto the Land of Inspirit, corrupting the green and happiness.

Starship was their polar opposite to be quite honest, everything that was lush and green in Inspirit was brown and dead in Starship, the people were miserable while the Inspirit people were happy.

The royal line was respected while in Starship the line was feared. And the top of the line was none other than Princess Soyu.

She was ruthless in her collection of taxes, parties, and wants. Whatever she wanted, she got. No matter what.

The two lands had to learn to live in peace with each other, but royals of Inspirit knew that if Starship ever got the chance, they would destroy Inspirit and take over.

Eliminating the ability to recover.

But the two lands weren't the only things that existed, nomads lived on the outskirts of both lands, they were people that didn't enjoy following the rules. Rebels, you would call it.

They also knew great self-defense, how to hunt, and how to use bow & arrows quite well.

The Keepers of Fate kept them at the edges to ensure no one unsavory got past. Not only were the nomads great fighters, but they liked to have money, ensuring that nothing dangerous entered either land.

The talent of dreamwalking was not granted upon the Land of Starship and the Keepers of Fate had some issues dealing with them. They knew that Starship probably had some God backing them up, or else, they would have been able to snap the string in two and eliminate the enemy quickly. Instead, the three Keepers made Inspirit stronger.

Dreamwalking was a difficult task and took some energy, many of the princes were left with great fatigue after a short period of time.

When the person is awake, it was even harder for the dreamwalkers to reach them using minimal energy. This was a restriction on their powers as well.

As for the Land of Inspirit, Prince Sunggyu wasn't getting any younger and he would have to find his Destined, and fast. Or else, face the consequences of disobeying a direct order of the Keepers. Destineds had to be found by the age of 25, or else, the prince would lose his chance at the throne. And as the only son, Prince Sunggyu had to find her.

Princess Soyu wouldn't want to let that happen, she wanted to be his only. Thus, kidnapping him and drugging him into a deep slumber.

But now, the game of cat and mouse has just started.

A new opponent was remembering her place as two years went by since Prince Sunggyu's kidnapping and slumber. The spell was started to wear off and soon, he would be woken up.

 

Author's Note:
Repost :) hehe :3
And.. here is the prologue :)
have at it :)