Chapter 22 -- Going Back Home

Mind Captivity

"Where were you guys?" Seomin asked, worried as soon as they walked out of the gates. "I thought you guys were right behind me. Did Soyu find you guys or something?" 

 

"She did. But we were saved." Sunggyu assured her. "Come on, let's get back to Inspirit." He said, taking her hand and walking with her to the edge of the castle grounds.

 

"Be careful." Sungyeol warned. "I have a feeling something bad will happen."

 

"Like what?" Seomin asked before she took another step outside of the grounds. The moment her feet touched the dead grass, it woke up and grew alive. Everything turned green again, the color spread out among them and stretched out farther than they could see.

 

The black magic of the land dissipated rapidly as they took more and more steps outside. "Why is this happening?" Seomin asked, taking one more step before collapsing.

 

Sunggyu caught her in time and noticed that she fainted, "Her magic and memories are coming back right now aren't they?" He asked Sungyeol.

 

"I would believe so. The land is responding to her return. The black magic is losing." Sungyeol explained.

 

"Well, I have to get her back to Inspirit where we can take care of her until we get married." Sunggyu said, picking her up in his arms and then started walking.

 

"She must be remembering now. She will have a headache or a fever depending on how her body reacts to it." Sungyeol said. 

 

"I have no idea how she lost her memories though. She hasn't told me anything." Sunggyu replied.

 

"I have an idea but I can't be sure. However, if it is what I think it is, then her memory will flood back rapidly. The headache will be more likely. Too much information for her brain to process at once." Sungyeol explained.

 

"What do you think happened?" Sunggyu asked, they had already reached the middle of the forest that divided the two countries. 

 

"Since the sisters love black magic so much I think that's what was used to store away her memories. And now that the black magic has disappeared the hold on her memories should as well." Sungyeol said.

 

"That's good then. She will remember everything." Sunggyu smiled down at her.

 

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY NOONA!!" Sungjong shouted at them as he charged. Sunggyu and Sungyeol jumped in shock as Sungyeol stood in front of Seomin protectively.

 

"Who are you and what do you want with the Princess of Paradise?" Sungyeol asked, holding Sungjong back from touching her.

 

Sungjong paused for a moment in surprise, "Princess? Seomin noona is a princess?" He asked them.

 

"Yes she is. She is currently regaining her memories and she has fainted from it. We can taking her back to Inspirit where we can give her medical care and time to recover." Sunggyu explained.

 

"Who are you? Are you the Prince that Seomin noona was sent to rescue?" Sungjong eyed him warily.

 

"Yes. Who are you?" Sunggyu asked back.

 

"I am Sungjong. Seomin is my noona and she is supposed to be protected." Sungjong answered.

 

"You may walk with us back to my castle if you wish." Sunggyu told him.

 

"I will. You need someone to make sure she's safe." Sungjong replied. "But who are you?" He pointed at Sungyeol.

 

"I am the guardian of the Princess. My family has worked for hers for generations. She was lost and now she has returned. I was also in charge of making sure she stayed alive when she came to rescue the Prince." Sungyeol answered.

 

"How did you know it would be her?" Sungjong asked.

 

"Prince Sunggyu knew, not I. He was the one that left me in charge of protecting the castle." Sungyeol responded.

 

The three of them walked towards the gates of the castle as it approached. They managed to get there without any problems, no one even dared to come and stop them on their journey.

 

Sungyeol questioned it since he knew about the bandits and the people that lived in the forest who attacked others for food.

 

"She is not one to be messed with." Sungjong said in response to Sungyeol's unspoken question.

 

"I understand. That means she will always be safe." Sungyeol replied. They continued forward and he noticed people waiting for them at the gates. "Who are those two?"

 

Sungjong looked forward and smiled, "They are my hyung deul. They are also Seomin's friends." He answered. "They must have been worried."


Author's Note;

update again guys :o
I'm probably gonna spam this so I can finish it soon :o
lol.. maybe I will finish all my stories by Thanksgiving.. LOL.
I hope >~< *praying*