Jonghyun's confession.

Unforgettable Promises.

 

Chapter twenty: Jonghyun's confession.

Jonghyun's POV

"I missed you froggie." Yuri greeted with a smile towards Minho. "I missed you more poodle!" Minho grinned back. I kept on paying my attention to my phone, but I was secretly listening to everyone talk. Taemin seemed bored, really bored. "Hyung... Can we go somewhere else..?" Taemin whispered. "You're not going anywhere Taemin! Where's noona's hug?!" Yuri shouted. Taemin immediately cheered up and joined in the social group, while I still sat on the couch, on my phone. "Jonghyun have a social life for once!" Taeyeon spoke. I looked up and saw everyone staring at me, except Jessica. She had the icy glare on, staring at something else. "Come sit here hyung!" Key tapped on the little space next to him. I stood up and sat next to him, but that spot just had to be exactly opposite Jessica... Everyone was busy talking except me and her, we remained quiet. She was on her phone as well as I was. "Sica noona buy your lovely hoobaes some drinks~~~" Minho said with aegyo. "Pleasee~~~" Yuri continued on. I stared at Jessica's cold expression. "From the vending machine downstairs?" Minho suggested. "Come on Sica! You just got a whole amount of income from your musical!" Yuri smiled. "Fine fine, I wanted to go for a walk anyways." She murmured. She stood up and walked out of the room. "Jonghyun, we all know." Yuri sighed, looking at me. "Know what?" I asked. "That you love Sica." Tiffany spoke. My eyes widened, how did they know this!?!? I didnt say anything, I couldnt, I had nothing to say about it. "Ever since training days, I knew you two had something." Taeyeon frowned lightly. "You dont know how much she secretly cried when you announced about you and Shin Sekyung." Sooyoung said. "Why did you even date Shin Sekyung?! Or are we just assuming that you like Sica?" Yuri confronted. "The relationship wasnt real." I announced. All of the girls gasped. "KEY WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME?! No secrets between us remember?" Sooyoung reminded. "It was a group thing, Im sorry." Key pouted. "It was for SHINee to gain popularity, and it worked." I explained. "And yes, I like her, I like Jessica Jung. No, I love her." I spoke. This time, everyone gasped. Key slapped my shoulder. I took a deep breath. "We dated, back in the trainee days. But a staff told me that you girls were going to debut, as soon as I heard Jessica's name. I spent my last days with her wisely. On the day of the announcement, I broke up with her, in the morning." I explained, remembering the pain I felt back then. "S-So what are you two doing now? Jessica seems to like you back!" Hyoyeon exclaimed. "She doesnt, she asked if we could be friends." I murmured back. "Jonghyun, go to where she is." Yuri ordered. "Yeah shes right hyung." Minho added. "I-I cant. She hates me, deep down." I said. "Just go and talk with her, it could make a difference." Yoona smiled. Should I..? Should I go downstairs? Snsd and Shinee are the only people in the sm building at the moment after all. Maybe it was my chance, to get her back? To explain everything? I nodded to everyone and ran out of the dance room.

Jessica's POV

14 drinks came out of the vending machine. I grabbed them, one by one and stacked them on the chair nearby. How am I meant to carry 14 cans by myself?! "JESSICA" Someone yelled, I turned around immediately, seeing Jonghyun looking puffed. "J-Jonghyun.." I stuttered as I said his name. "We need to talk, we need to have this conversation we didnt have years ago." He declared. "What conversation?" I asked, feeling confused. "You and Me." He said. My heart stopped, what about him and me? We were just.. friends.

"What about us?" I asked cooly. "I dated Shin Sekyung for the group, I dated her because SM asked me to, it was for SHINee. I have no emtional feelings towards her." He said quickly. What..? All this time I thought he was dating her for real?! Then what was all the crying at night for?! I didnt say anything, I was.. frozen. "I told you in that letter, I told you that I would ask you out again if you liked me now." He said. "But I know you have no special feelings towards me, I know you we dont have that spark between us anymore. I know." He continued. "So Im not going to ask you out, but I just wanted you to know, that I still love you." He said in a serious tone. What..? He still loved me? I was confused, really confused. "Dont say anything, I know you'll just break my heart." He smiled and walked off, not back to the dance room, but towards the exit. A small tear dropped out of my eye. 

Yuri's POV

"Why arent they coming back..?" I asked worriedly. "Maybe they're just having their own time now." Minho smiled and kissed my forehead. "Or may--" I was cut off by the opening of the door. We all paid our attention to the disppointed Jessica, holding cans of drinks in her arms. She placed them on the ground and started crying. Sica never cried in front of people. I squeezed Minho's hand tightly, feeling disppointed. What did Jonghyun say to the poor girl? "Sica!" Sooyoung ran towards her and helped her up. Jessica cried in Sooyoung's arms. The rest of the girls surrounded her as well as me. Minho walked behind me and gripped onto my waist. "Is she okay?" He whispered. "No." I replied honestly. 

"Im going for a drive guys." Jessica wiped her tears away as she stood up. "No Sica you're too--" Taeyeon was cut off by Jessica. "I'll be fine." She fake smiled and walked out of the room. I turned around to Minho, who was staring at me. I didnt want her to be sad, I shouldnt have sent Jonghyun out, it was all my fault. "Its my fault." I spoke. "How was that your fault?! We all made Jjong hyung catch her." Minho protested. "But I--" He cut my sentence off by give me and warm hug. "Jonghyun isnt answering." Onew announced. "He's probably off at a bar or something. Whatever happened..." Key said. 

Jessica's POV

I kept my focus on the dark road, trying not to think of what had happened just then. But it kept on flashing in my mind. I didnt realise that I was driving over the speed limit, I just needed to get everything off my mind. But then tears welled up in my eyes, my vision was blurry and so I slowed down, both my hands on the steering wheel. I heard a loud beeping noise, but I ignored it. 

Until I realised that..

The beeping car had hit mine, then everything went pitch black.

 

A/N: Hey guys! Im so sorry for not updating for so long :( dont hate me :o heres chapter 20, the story will be ending soon, but heres another cliffhangerrrrrr! dont forget to subscribe and comment!