the surprising announcement.

Unforgettable Promises.

Chapter thirteen: the surprising announcement.

2 days later. (day of the important meeting)

Sooyeon’s POV

Jonghyun called and asked me to meet at the SM building rooftop. No one ever goes there, because its Yuri’s little thing. I reached to the rooftop and saw Jonghyun staring at the view. He turned around and smiled. I gave him and warm hug and pulled back, then Jonghyun held both my hands. “Sooyeon.” He spoke. “Yeah? Why did you call me up here?” I asked suspiciously. Then Jonghyun got his serious face on. “Whats up?” I asked again. “Listen to me carefully okay?” He asked and I nodded. He took a deep breath. “Im breaking up with you.” He said. My heart sank, right to the bottom. I could feel my eyes getting teary and his eyes were getting teary as well. “W-Why..” I stuttered, asking for an explanation. “I want to break up mutually. And get back with you in the future.” He said. My tear fell down my face.  “Stop joking around Jonghyun!” I fake smiled but he squeezed my hands harder. “Sooyeon Im serious. We need to break up, mutually. “But---” “I love you. I always will.” He smiled. “You’ll find out soon, the reason why Im doing this. Its for our own good. I promise.” He pulled out his pinky and I pulled out mine as well. “I don’t understand. Why are you breaking up with me all of a sudden? Im confused.” I said, letting go. “You’ll find out soon. And I promise you that I’ll love you no mater what happens.” He said. My tears kept on falling down. I didn’t know what to say to him. “Come on, we have that important meeting remember?” Jonghyun said out of the blue. Then he wiped my tears. “Lets go.” He smiled. My footsteps followed him downstairs. Then we walked to the meeting room.

That was an unforgettable promise Jonghyun made to Sooyeon.

Minho’s POV

Nichkhun never appeared in my eyes, or in front of Yuri’s after what had happened. I walked into the building just on time, luckily my bus was on time today. Today is the ‘important meeting’ we were warned about a couple of weeks ago. “BOO!” Someone yelled and scared me. I turned around immediately and I see Yuri jogging over to me. “Awh Minho was scared!” Yuri teased. “N-No I wasn’t!” I quickly defended myself. “Whatever.” Yuri rolled her eyes. “So where are we meant to go for the meeting?” I asked. “Oh, we should go now!” She said and I followed her to the meeting room. We sat down and I saw the Super Junior and TVXQ sunbaenims for the first time. And of course, BoA sunbaenim as well. They looked like real real real stars, like glittering stars. SM was there too, he sat next to BoA sunbaenim. Once all the trainees settled down the meeting started.

Jonghyun’s POV

Here it comes. This is the day. This is the moment. “Welcome trainees.” A staff spoke. “Today we called you here to congratulate a few people, give them support. And its going to be very shocking for some of you so beware.” The staff said. Then SM stood up. “This is a very important meeting because… We are going to have a new debuting girl group. It will consist 9 members, which have already been picked out. If I call your name it means that you are going to be debuting next year!” SM announced. Suddenly everyone started whispering to eachother. They were all surprised except me. I took a peak at Sooyeon who was a few seats away from me. Her face was expressionless. “Cheers and claps at the end please. Okay. Kim Hyoyeon, Im Yoona, Seo Joohyun, Lee Soonkyu, Hwang Miyoung, Kim Taeyeon, Jung Sooyeon, Kwon Yuri and Choi Sooyoung.” SM announced and everyone cheered and clapped.

Yuri’s POV

I stared at Minho as I stood up. He was smiling and clapping. It felt weird… But finally the painful years was finally going to pay off! The thought of the hard times made me tear up. Taeyeon was already crying. I couldn’t believe this was happening. I was going to debut! I was going to be a singer! I went to the front and stood next to Sooyoung. Everyone had a turn to say something, how they felt. Soon the microphone to came to me. My tears wouldn’t stop. I stared at Minho again. He was a little bit teary as well. “I don’t really know what to say.” I spoke. “Finally the years of hard training has paid off! Thankyou so much. It means the world to me.” I said, on the verge of fully crying so I handed the microphone to Sooyeon.

Sooyeon’s POV

Did he already know that I was going to debut? Is that why he broke up with me? Is this the reason? For my own good? One side of the room I see Soojung, shes happily cheering and the other side I see Jonghyun, who’s fake smiling. His eyes are teary. Yuri passed on the microphone to me but I was speechless. “Thankyou for everything, all of you. It feels like Im graduating after 7 years of trainee life. I’ll try my best in every way.” I bowed, to cover up my overflowing tears.

The meeting soon ended, the nine girls met up in the dance room and cried together. Then their close trainee friends interrupted.

Yuri’s POV

Minho came into the dance room. I immediately walked up to him and hugged him. “Im so proud of you Yuri!” He smiled as we pulled out. “I cant believe this!” I smiled. “Im so happy for you!” He said. “Now you just need to debut, then we can be officially together.” I whispered, Minho laughed. “Promise me that you’ll debut and I’ll be your sunbae.” I pulled out my pinky. “Proimse.” Minho smiled and our pinkies interwined.

Once again Minho made another promise to Yuri.

Jonghyun’s POV

I walked into the dance room and Sooyeon saw me, but I ignored her. While everyone was busy chatting I dozed off to where Sooyeon’s bag was. I slipped a letter in there. That was going to hopefully be my first and last letter to her. “JONGHYUNNNNN!” Sooyoung yelled out my name and hugged me. I hugged her back with a smile. “IM DEBUTING!” Sooyoung yelled again. I broke off the hug. I could see Sooyeon staring at me in the corner of my eye. “YES YOU ARE!” I said excitedly. Then Sooyoung got in her ‘professional’ position. “Im your sunbae now.” She smiled. “Yes you are.” I smiled back. Then Kibum walked up to us. “Sooyoung~ come on!” Kibum said and dragged Sooyoung away. I congratulated the rest of the girls except Sooyeon. Then I left the room earlier than everyone else did.

Sooyeon’s POV

The day ended after a long meeting about our debut. We were going to be called So Nyuh Shi dae, aka snsd or in english ‘Girls Generation’. We all changed our names. Kim Taeyeon was going to be ‘Taeyeon’, Miyoung was going to be ‘Tiffany’, Kwon Yuri was going to be ‘Yuri’, Im Yoona was going to be ‘Yoona’, Soonkyu was going to be ‘Sunny’, Joohyun was going to be ‘Seohyun’, Choi Sooyoung was going to be ‘Sooyoung’, Kim Hyoyeon was going to be ‘Hyoyeon’ and I was going to use my english name. Jessica. I remember how Jonghyun really liked that name. He always asked if I was going to change my name if I debuted. Jessica Jung. That was going to be my new name, my stage name. I grabbed my bag, since everyone had already left. Then something fell out. It was a letter, To. Sooyeon, From. Jonghyun. I opened the letter and started reading it.

To the most beautiful, smart, perfect girl I know.

Hey Sooyeon :) wow, I never thought I would write a letter to anyone. This is really surprising. But first of all, Im so proud of you! You’re debuting Jung Sooyeon! You’re finally debuting! Yes, I already knew. A staff member asked me how you girls would react when you found out. My heart sank but it was happy in a way when I hear your name being called out. Im so happy for you do you know that? I thought about it for days and when I found out, I decided to spend my most with you. I wanted to have the time of my life with you and I did. Remember what I said in the ferris wheel? Well, Im not lying, I do love you. I really do. Breaking up might not have been the best decision but debuting comes first. You’ve worked for such a long time and Im not going to let anyone ruin your reputation because of me. Maybe in the future, when I debut we can be together again? If you still love me then. But remember, I’ll always love you and I’ll always be by your side, supporting you. Im sure you’ll be a great sunbae to me right? :) I love you Jung Sooyeon. And I’ll always trust what you told me. If you don’t give up, you will succeed.

From. Jonghyun.

-flashback- (A/N: this is from chapter 3)

“I practised so much, every single day, just spending hours on that one note.. Why doesn’t it work for me? When you practice, you seem to get the result you’ve always wanted. Why doesn’t it happen to me?!” He asked without looking at me. I looked at him, still expressionless. I couldn’t see his face clearly since it was dark. “Jonghyun. Ive been a trainee for around six years, and you’ve only been one for a year. If you don’t give up, you will succeed. I promise. Don’t be so upset about a cover, don’t think that you failed, you did a really good job.” I said very honestly. “Really?” He asked, now looking at me. I smiled and nodded. “Thanks Sooyeon noona, even your words means a lot to me.” He smiled.

If you dont give up, you will suceed.

---------------------------

A/N: SUBSCRIBERS! I am so sorry for the late update, school is always blocking my way. But Ive finally found some time to go on the computer! So yeah onto the story, it was mostly Jongsica, sorry about that- i couldnt help it! :/ yes, alot of promises in the chapter hehe. oh and from now on Sooyeon will be changed to Jessica so dont get confused~~~ Thankyou new subscribers and for commenting! Keep up the great comments! NO SIILENT READERS PLEASE :( x0x0