meeting again without realising.

Unforgettable Promises.

Chapter one: meeting again without realising.

(this story is based in the trainee days of SNSD and SHINee. Since it was before debut, their real names will be used.)

(if you get confused, here are their real names—so far in chapter one)

Jinki- Onew (from SHINee)
Soojung- Krystal (from f(x))
Sooyeon- Jessica (from SNSD)
Kibum- Key (from SHINee)
 

-childhood times (when Yuri and Minho were  5years old)-

“Yul! Look what I found!” Minho yelled and ran to Yuri, showing her a pretty shell. “Wow, its so pretty Minho!” Yuri’s eyes widened. Minho smiled. “Well, its mine! But I’ll find you one too!” Minho said. “Alright.” Yuri agreed. Little Minho and Yuri were at the beach, it was a kindy excursion, they were best friends and they did everything together, they even had the same dream—to either become singers or sports stars… Even though Yuri was older than Minho, Minho never called her ‘Yuri noona’ he knew that she disliked him calling her that…

3 months later..

It was the last day of kindy for Yuri. Minho and Yuri was going to attend elementary school while Minho had a couple more years of kindy left. Their schools were far away and even worse, Yuri had to move houses- Incheon to Seoul... Their last day had finally ended and they were waiting for their parents to pick them up. “Yuri I’ll miss you. Youre the bestest friend Ive ever had.” Minho said. “Me too Minho, I’ll miss you too..” Yuri did a sad face. Minho suddenly got something out of his school bag. “Yul, remember how I never got to find you a pretty shell at that beach?” Minho asked. Yuri just nodded with teary eyes. Minho handed out the pretty shell he found, it was now a necklace. “Don’t lose it.” Minho said with a serious tone. Yuri nodded. “Minho.. We’ll see eachother again right? Maybe when we’re famous singers or sports stars?” Yuri asked. “We will, I pinky promise Yul.” Minho handed out his pinky and Yuri did the same. Their pinkies intertwined and soon they let go. Yuri’s mum’s car had arrived. They both knew that it was the last, at least for a long time. “Im sorry, I don’t have any present for you..” Yuri said apologetically. “Its alright, but instead, can we make another promise? When we see eachother next time, you have to be my girlfriend okay?” Minho asked. Yuri giggled and blushed, then she held out her pinky once again. “Okay.”

That was the last time Yuri and Minho ever got to see eachother, they didn’t break their promise. Throughout their schoolyears they never had a relationship and Yuri kept her shell necklace in a safe place….

-2006-

Yuri’s POV

I make my way to the dance room at SM building as usual. Its early in the morning and I had to come here extra early because today, I was expecting a new group of trainees. Sooyoung and I were told to teach them how all the consequences we have to face, how much hard effort we have to put in and respecting seniors (already debuted singers). Its been years already, I still haven’t debuted. I know that one day, I will, my time just hasn’t come yet. Its too late to give up now, Ive come too far and Ive met so many great friends who also want to be famous singers. I stepped into the room I always practice in and I saw a group of girls and boys sitting down opposite Sooyoung, who was waiting for me. “Yuri! Finally!” She shouted and ran to me. “Guys this is Kwon Yuri” Sooyoung declared. “Hey everyone.” I greeted and sat down, I looked at each person, one by one. Most of them looked really young. My eyes went to the next person. For some reason he looked different, from others and he looked very familiar. He was fairly tall, short hair, big eyes, his hands were together and his eyes were facing me and Sooyoung. “Yul, what should we do now? Should we split the group in half so that we can take half each?” Sooyoung interrupted me. “Umm.. Yeah, sure.” I spoke. I actually had a lot of things organised today, even though Im a trainee, I felt more highly privileged compared to the new trainees, maybe I could give an inspiration to them. After all, I have been here for around 5 years. “Everyone, we’re going to split this group in halves so half of you can come to me and half of you can go to Yuri.” Sooyoung announced clearly and walked across, splitting the group of people. I led my group of people to another dance room, so that I could talk to them about myself. They all sat down silently, the guy I was staring at was in my group and for some reason, I was excited.. Jung Soojung, Sooyeon’s sister was also here. She visited here often and watched Sooyeon dance so she kinda knew what it was like to be here. And she is a nice dongsaeng of mine. “Hey guys, my name is Yuri, Kwon Yuri. Im 18 years old (Korean age) and Ive been a trainee in SM entertainment since 2001. I hope you all fulfil your dreams and try your best at all times.” I said and bowed. An unexpected clap came from the new trainees, this really made my day. I decided to give the new trainees some time to talk to eachother while I talked to them one by one. First person to talk to me was Soojung, she knew me, we were pretty close. “Hi unnie!” Soojung greeted me excitedly. “Hey Soojung-ah, excited to finally be a trainee?” I asked and she nodded with a big smile on her face, she was always cheery and happy. Sometimes she cheered me up, on the bad, tough days. Soon, our conversation ended and the next person to come to me was the boy I was staring at. He sat down opposite me and bowed strangely. “Hey.” I greeted with a warm smile. “Hi, Im Choi Minho, from Incheon and Im 16 years old.”The boy introduced himself. So that was his name was Minho, just like my bestfriend Minho. He was from Incheon, just like my bestfriend Minho. He was two years younger than me, just like my bestfriend Minho. “Nice to meet you Minho.” I shook his hand and smiled.

Minho’s POV

The SM entertainment is a scary place, no one smiles. Except Yuri, who looks just like my bestfriend Yuri. Its probably just a coincidence—with the same name and age. Yuri noona, the senior trainee looked very pure and beautiful, she was always smiling. My bestfriend Yuri used to be like that. I walked off to where Jinki, my new trainee friend was. He was two years older than me but age doesn’t matter in friendship and love right?

Hours passed and our little tour around the SM building had finished. We were told to start practicing tomorrow, I farewelled Jinki and exited the SM building. I decided to go to a café nearby. I sat down on one of the seats and looked through some old photos on my phone. Old photos were referring to me and my bestfriend Yuri, the times we had in kindy. I took the pictures with my camera so that I had it wherever I went. I wonder where she is.. I wonder what shes going. I wonder if she remembers me, the second promise we made wasn’t a joke. I know that I was young but she was my bestfriend but also my crush. Its weird how my dreams hasn’t changed. I still want to be a singer or sports star. My father said that becoming a sports star wasn’t a very good option for me so I proved to my family that I wanted to be a famous star. And now Im here, at Seoul, all alone. Its scary, but I hope its worth it. I stayed at the café until 6pm, it got dark so I went to the bus stop, which was right next to the SM building. At the bus stop, I saw a guy who looked puffed, he was carrying a big bag with him and waited for the bus with me. I stared at him, but I didn’t mean to. He suddenly stared at me. I panicked and quickly turned to face the empty road. “Do you have a problem with me?!” The guy asked. “Umm.. No. I was just wondering if you were a trainee at SM…” I murmured. “Yeah, I am. Are you?” The guy asked again. So he was a trainee too?! “I started today, but the real practice starts tomorrow.” I explained. “Oh, so youre new? Then why are you here so late? I heard that you guys finished early.” He said. “This is my first time in Seoul, I live in Incheon so I just stayed at that café for a few hours.” I said as I pointed at the café I was in. “I live in Daegu, Seoul is a scary place right? Im Kim Kibum by the way.” Kibum spoke. “Im Choi Minho, do you know where XXX motel is?”I asked, it was the place Im staying at for the weekend but I have no idea where it is, mum just told me to ask the bus driver or one of the trainees. “You live in XXXmotel too?! Same with me! Just follow me, I’ll help you. And we can come here together tomorrow!” Kibum said excitedly. “Sure.” I smiled..

Kibum and I got to know eachother more, he was the same age as me and he started training a year ago. He seemed nice and very confident. Im glad I made another friend who’s a trainee…

-----------------------

A/N: This is chapter one~ Sorry if you got confused about ‘Yuri’ and ‘my bestfriend Yuri’ or ‘Minho’ and ‘my bestfriend Minho’. Yuri and Minho separated at a young age so they don’t exactly remember eachothers’ faces. Only photos and the shell can help them find eachothe and of course, their memories.. Hope you enjoyed it, i wont be able to update very fast but i will try my best :)  please subscribe and leave comments! x0x0

comment replies:

Adifa_NaSoo - thankyou so much :) and ive updated 2 days earlier! i couldnt resist waiting for another 2 days! heheh <3

minyul4everHJL501 - aw thankyou for the lovely support! and im glad you enjoyed "our love story" <3

Liyeeex3 - heheh yes! the MinYul obsession i have :3 <3

iloveyul - yeepp! another minyul story :) <3

FlamingPearl_isLOVE - i tried to make it a little bit different from my other stories keke :3 <3

minhosera - i think you've already left before i could update chingu :( but i hope you can come back from your hiatus soon! I'll be waiting! <3