Are you okay?

In Love With Zhang Yixing

You woke up to find yourself in a very dark place. You thought you were blindfolded, until you felt your surroundings. *Oh yeah, I supposedly cried myself to sleep yesterday. No wonder why my eyes are so sticky.* Your mind suddenly flashed to Yixing.

"Ugh, stop thinking about him, stupid brain!" You felt a lump at the back of your throat. 

"Ju-ust erase him from my memories... Please..."

*But he's like a stain I can't remove.* 

"Then stupid heart, could you please erase my feelings for him? I don't think I can do it alone..." 

* A person's feeling is not like a writing on a piece a paper, you can't erase it whenever you want to. * 

*Where the hell are these sayings coming from?* You rubbed your forehead tiredly and laid your head on the closet door. *My head hurts from too much crying... Exactly how long did I sleep?* You wanted to go out and check the time but you didn't feel like getting out of your comfort zone. It was the only place that made you feel a bit better on sorrowful days.

"Whatever, I can check later....." Before you realized, you had fallen back asleep again. 

-

You woke up to someone screaming your name. 

"BOMMMMMMIIIIIIEEEEEEE!" You heard someone yell. It sounded like your dad.

You grumbled as you opened the closet door and stepped out. 

"Ow, my eyes." You squinted. You made your way to your door, but didn't open it. You saw two pieces of index cards on the floor. 

"What do you want?" You shouted. 

"Bommie, you're alive!!" You heard your parents scream. 

"Yeah of course I am, now what do you want?" 

"We tried calling you so many times and you didn't pick up! Yixing said he didn't know what happened to you either, we got so worried!" 

*The sound of Yixing's name took a stab at your heart.*

"I'm alive so can you please leave me alone now?" You coldly said.

"Well... Uh... If that's what you want." Your mom said. 

"Bye." You heard your parents walking away, murmuring something you couldn't hear. You knelt down and read the index cards. 

*Why does everyone think I'm going to die? I'm not that weak. Ok, I lied. I am weak. But i've gotten stronger. Both mentally and psychically. Stupid Yixing... I can totally tell this is your handwriting.* You sighed and crumbled the two index cards up and tossed them in your garbage can. This stupid thing called Love really knew how to mess up someone's heart, bad

Your stomach let out a loud growl. You groaned and checked your phone for the time. 

*I slept for one whole day? It's already 9 am.... Oh my god, 37 calls and 15 messages. What is this ?! I'll just look at them later... I don't want to care about anything else.*

You tossed your phone somehwere and went back to your closet. You thumped your head lightly against the door, then the thumps became slams. 

"ARGHHH!!" You screamed. You were so frustrated and angry Yixing still wasn't out of your mind and heart. The feelings for him were still there, strong as ever.

"Why...." You began to sob. "Why did he have to come into my life?! JUST WHY?!" You cried. 

"I hate you I hate you I hate you. Zhang Yixing, I hate you so much.... Why did you have to make me fall in love with you so hard?" You began sobbing uncontrollably.

There was a soft knock on your door.  

"Who is it?!" You opened your closet door and screamed. 

"It's me!" Your mom. Her voice obviously sounded worried. "I brought some food for you... I heard that you've locked yourself in your room since yesterday. You must be hungry. Come and eat!" 

"I have no appetite!" You yelled back, slamming your closet door. 

Your mom sighed and shook her head. *I really wondered what happened... Yixing said he doesn't know anything.* She placed the food outside your door. 

"I left the food outside your door! We're going off to work now!" Your mom yelled. Hearing no response, she sighed again and walked off. 

-

You listened carefully to the sound of the door closing downstairs. *They all left... That means Yixing probably left too, right?* 

You opened your door and stared at the ramen noodles your mom made you. *I wasn't lying about having no appetite, I really don't.* You sighed and trudged your way to the bathroom. 

You stared at the stranger in the mirror. "Is this really me?" You asked your reflection, raising your hand to touch it. 

"Ugh, I look worse than a hobo..." You brushed your teeth and washed yourself up. Showers never felt so good. After a nice, warm shower, you definetely felt more livelier. But that didn't mean the deep scar in your heart was healed. It was anything else but near being healed.

Your spirits were slightly higher, causing you to casually skip to your room, even humming a song. You purposely avoided looking at Yixing's door. 

"Such a waste of good food.." You talked to the bowl of ramen. You left the bowl of ramen alone outside your door as your locked yourself inside again. "Oh wait, I need to stock up!" 

You quickly ran down the stairs and carried up a whole box of water. You ran up and down the stairs many times to get everything you needed. You got junk food, tissue boxes, some movies, soda, and a box of donuts. This could keep you alive for some time. 

Your room now looked like some sort of camp. *It actually feels pretty cozy like this.* You looked around. 

"Hmmm, am I missing anything?" You scanned your room. "Oh yeah! My text messages and missed calls." 

One text from your mom and one text from your dad. The rest were from Danbi and Shin, along with one text from your friend, just asking you how your summer was. 

9 missed calls from Danbi. 8 missed calls from Shin. 13 missed calls from Mom. 7 missed calls from Dad. 

Danbi and Shin first. You called both of them, doing a three way call again.
 
"BOMMIE! WHERE DID YOU GO?!" You heard Shin and Danbi scream at you right when they picked up. You were flooded with questions. You didn't even have the chance to greet them yet. 
 
 
"Woah woah guys, chill! I only have so many ears and mouths you know." 
 
"We were worried sick! So were your parents!" Danbi yelled. "Do you know how worried your parents were?!" You heard Danbi take a really deep breathe before talking again.  "You are so lucky that I'm out of state, or else I would've came storming over to your house and breaking down your door. If you ever scare us like that again, Bommie.."
 
"Danbi-ah, just calm down. I'm perfectly fine! You guys are such worry rats." You laughed it off.
 
"Exactly what happened, Bommie? You promised you would text or call us at least once every day." Shin said. You could tell she was disappointed that you didn't keep your promise. 
 
"Uh, nothing happened. I just needed a day alone. Away from the world." 
 
"I know how you sound like when you're lying, Bommie." Danbi hissed through her teeth. 
 
"Something definitely happened. Could it be.... related to Yixing?" 
 
His name never failed to stab your heart. You began sobbing over the phone again.
 
"I--" Your voice cracked. You felt so weak that you began a sobbing mess again.
 
"Oh my god. It's this phase again..." Danbi said. 
 
"Exactly what happened, Bommie? Did you get rejected...??" 
 
"Bommie obviously isn't in the right state to talk. We'll talk about this when I get there. I'm taking the next earliest flight back." 
 
"N-no, Danbi, you shouldn't. Don't come back just because of me."
 
"How can I not?! My precious baby daughter is broken in half, and me, the umma, is not there to do something?! Impossible." 
 
"Danbi...." You just cried more. Your best friends cared about you so much, and here you were, sulking all alone. You were not alone.You had these two blessed angels sent from heaven that cared about you just as much as they cared about their families. You were like family to them. The sound of you crying broke their hearts. 
 
"I'll go over to Bommie's first then. I'll see you later, Danbi."
 
"Alright. Don't me too much! You know that I love you, right? Bye my baby!" Danbi sent air kisses to you. 
 
You couldn't help but laugh. "Mm."
 
"I'll be coming over shortly then~" Shin said. 
 
Danbi and Shin hung up. You clutched your phone, still crying.
 
"I love you guys so much..."
 
Danbitold her mom that something had happened to you and it was really urgent. Her mom immediately drove her to the airport and bought her a ticket the next flight back.
 
-I'm going on the plane now. I'll get there in about two hours.- Danbi texted you. 
-Be safe, Danbi umma! Shin & I will be waiting patiently for you. -