First Snowflake of Winter

In Love With Zhang Yixing

Winter break was about to start soon but you were packed with work, work, and more work. Senior year really was no joke. To make it even worse, your parents forced you to go to work again. As much as you tried to explain that you had a hell-load of work to do already, they wouldn't take your excuses. *Curse my life.* You thought as you sat in the back seat of the car. *If maybe Yixing was still here... I might be more happy about going to work even though I have a load of homework.* You stared at the empty space next to you that used to be 'Yixing's Spot'. *I miss you, idiot. I don't even know why. I hope life's treating you well... Unlike me.* You sighed and closed your eyes and leaned your head against the seat. 

You got out the car when you guys arrived at the restaurant. 

"Oh my god, it's freezing." You rubbed your arms to keep warm. You thought you saw someone you shouldn't see. To make sure, you rubbed your eyes a couple of times. *Oh.My.God. Just when I thought life couldn't be worse.* 

Right in front of your parents' restaurant stood Yixing. The cruel bastard that broke your heart a few months back. The one you just said you missed in the car. The one you was just on your mind a couple seconds ago.

"Yixing!" Your parents exclaimed.

"Hello!" he greeted them with a smile. You didn't say a word and stood there unamused. *How can he still smile so happily?*

"What are you doing here?" Your mom asked.

"Ah, I have nothing to do for winter break... So I hope I can work here for a week if you don't mind."

"Oh perfect! We just needed an extra hand too. Welcome back, Yixing. The restaurant just doesn't feel right without you. It's like you're a part of the family now." Your dad chuckled. *What the hell are you saying, dad?!* You wish telepathy worked in times like these.

"Thank you!" Yixing bowed and laughed awkwardly. 

You had tried so hard to remove Yixing's presence  from your life in these few months, and when you thought you finally did it, here he was again! *Urggghhh!*

Your parents opened up the restaurant and you shoved your way past Yixing. It was so darn cold outside, and you were wearing a thin sweater while Yixing looked all warm and cozy with his scarf and big sweater. 

"Jerk." You muttered as you passed him. Yixing caught that. He felt  a stab in his heart. *If words could actually kill...* He thought.

"Brrr, it's so cold in here too. Turn on the heat!" You yelled. You jumped up and down to create sweat. Yixing came behind you and gave you his scarf.

"Be careful not to catch a cold, Bommie. Seoul's winter is really harsh." 

Your eyebrows pinched together and you threw his scarf back at him. "I don't need your scarf. And I know that already, I've been living in Seoul for more than five years, okay?" 

Yixing had a pained look on his face. He picked up his scarf from the floor and walked away without saying another word. You stared at his back as he walked away and immediately felt bad. *Was I too hurtful with my words? No no, he deserves it.* You turned around and cheered yourself on. *Don't let one guy ruin your day!* You took off your sweater and hung it on the coat rack. (A/N: did anyone think of Kai? Lolol.) Yixing came over to hang his too, but you quickly walked away. Now only wearing a t-shirt, he saw that you looked even skinnier than last summer. *Is this because of me?* He couldn't help but feel guilty.

Later on the day, it got colder and colder. You were about to freeze to death but it was against your dad's rules to wear outerwear in the restaurant. I should have worn a long sleeve, you pouted. You looked outside. You saw tiny snowflakes falling down. 

"Waa! It's snowing!" You exclaimed. Seeing snow brightened you up. *Snowing is a good sign!* You thought.

-

Work was over and you quickly ran outside. The snow hadn't stopped. "Woah, there's so much snow now!" You played around in the snow while your parents closed down the shop. 

"Do you like the snow, Bommie?" Yixing asked, trying to start conversation.

"Mhm! I love the snow!" You said back cheerfully. The snow made you forget about who was talking to you. You immediately stopped playing with the snow and glared at Yixing. He was smiling, showing off his dimple. He hadn't seen you this happy in a long, long time. 

"That's nice." *I like the snow too.*

"Yeah, whatever." You ignored him and went back to playing with the snow. You didn't see that some snow had hardened into ice and slipped. "Ah!" You landed right on your . 

"Are you okay Bommie?!" Yixing came over to your side first, he held out a hand. 

"Ow, my ..." You rubbed your behind. You swore there was going to be a bruise the next day. You decided to take Yixing's hand because if you didn't, there was no way you could stand up. You stood up only to topple into Yixing's arms because you somehow twisted your ankle when you fell. You couldn't even stand on your right leg. 

"My ankle!" You yelped in pain. 

"Ahh our clumsy Bommie..." Your mom said as she came over. "Did you twist your ankle?" You nodded and she sighed. 

"Yixing-ah, if you don't mind, could you carry her?" Your dad asked. "My back's too weak to carry her now." 

"Sure." He squatted down in front of you.  *He's just doing this to look nice.* You hopped away from him on one foot. 

"I don't need anyone's help!" You said stubbornly. 

"Bommie!" Your mom said.

"It's okay." Yixing walked over to you and scooped you up bridal style. 

"Yixing! Put me down!" You yelled. He didn't obey. He opened the car door and placed you in. You puffed your cheeks.

"See you tomorrow." Yixing said with a smile. You reached for the door and shut it on him. He wasn't coming to your house? 

"I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. And Mrs. Yi." 

"You're staying for the night?" Your mom asked. 

"No, my grandma needs me at home. Good night." Yixing bowed his head and walked off.  *Why do I feel unhappy that he's not staying? I'm losing my mind.*

You blew at your bangs and decided to call it a day. Winter break was going to be hell.

-

hiiii readers! ^_^ 

school's going to start in 3 days. which means i'll try to update whenever i can, but chances are that I'll have extremely little time to write this. right now, i tend to update every three days. but when school starts... i really don't know when i can update. maybe like once a week or once in two weeks? ;A; i'm sorry... this year is gonna be hectic & i hope you'll be understanding with me. (only bonnie would understand my pain T_T let me love youuuu) 

<3