Chapter 19

In Love With Zhang Yixing

You felt like all the sources of oxygen stopped.

"W-what did you say?!" You stuttered, raising your voice a bit.

"I said, I think he likes you too." 

"What in the world made you think that?!" 

"Something about the way he cares about you and looks at you. It's just different, you know? Like how I look at Hyukjae differently from any other guy. And how you look at Yixing. Looking at someone you love and looking at a friend is way different. There's that spark."

"I r-really don't know what you're talking about! I'm going to shower now! You should get some more rest!" You escaped to the bathroom. 

"Why won't she believe me? She'll realize it sooner or later... I hope." Hyoyeon made herself cozy and fell asleep again. 

Inside, you slid down the bathroom wall and sat on the cold marble floor. The only noise that could be heard in the bathroom was the sound of your heart hammering. 

(how the bathroom looks like)

*Calm down Bommie, calm down. Hyoyeon's probably saying that to make you feel better.* You tried to steady the pace of your heart by breathing in and out evenly. *But... what if she's right? Yixing does watch out for me... He led me to my classes, tried to save me back there, explained the school to me, introduced me to the two student councils... Everything he's done has only helped me so far, yet all that I've been doing is weigh him down..* You sighed and shook your head. 

"Remember Bommie, he rejected you once, there will not be a second time. Leave the past feelings behind!" You made a 'hwaiting' pose with your arm and headed into the shower. 

-

"BOMMIEEEE! IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!!!" Someone yelled into your ear.

"Owwww..." You whined, rubbing your now injured ear. 

You squinted your eyes and saw your roomate you met yesterday. "Ah, 'morning Hyoyeon.."

"Good morning sunshine, but it's about time to get out of bed! We'll be late in 5 minutes!" She yelled. 

"WHAT?! WHAT TIME IS IT?!" You sat up startled in bed, eyes wide awake now. 

"8: 53 am! Hurry up!" Hyoyeon rushed. You frantically ran down the stairs to the bathroom.

(basic idea)

"Why didn't you wake me earlier?!" You cried while brushing your teeth. 

"I tried to wake you up five times but you wouldn't budge until I finally screamed. I rarely scream." 

"Oh, sorry. I'm a deep sleeper." 

"I can tell. We'll learn about each other's sleeping habits in no time." Hyoyeon chuckled.

You ran out of the bathroom and threw on random clothes. 

"Let's run!" You said, exhausted. 

"Off we go!" Hyoyeon pointed to the door childishly. No wonder she was "choding-hyoyeon". 

You laughed and linked arms with her as you two walked out the dorms. 

"Hyoyeon, let me see your schedule." 

Hyoyeon dug into her schoolbag and pulled her schedule out. You compared hers with yours. 

"Oh! We have  Fashion and Science class together!" You beamed. 

"Really?! Yay! What lunch period do you have?" 

"I have 4th, you?" 

"So do I! I'll come find you today!" Hyoyeon said. 

"Okie dokies. I sit with my two best friends, I'll introduce you to them during lunch!" 

She nodded and you two headed to first period Fashion class together. 

The first person you spotted in the room was Yixing. Oh right, you forgot Yixing was in this class too. Yesterday he sat next to you explaining all about EXO-M, EXO-K, and Red and White sides. He sat in the same exact seat as yesterday. He smiled immediately upon seeing you. Hyoyeon pulled your arm up the rows and made you sit next to Yixing while she took the seat to your right. You were sandwiched in between them. 

You sent Hyoyeon a 'why-did-you-do-that' look. Hyoyeon flashed a smile and a peace sign.

"How's your leg?" Yixing asked.

"It's totally fine now."

"That's great to hear. I worried so much yesterday."

"Pft, why would you worry for me?" You thought aloud.

"Why shouldn't I?"

"O-oh, uhh.... I don't know. I'm not important enough for you to worry about, I guess. I mean, you're in the student council and everything. You have better things to worry about." 

"But you're just as important." Yixing explained. You thought your heart was caught in your throat. Were you hearing things?!

"Awww." Hyoyeon whispered. You sent her a glare and she giggled. You couldn't wait for class to be over.

You walked over to where Shin was sitting at lunch. 

"Shin shin~"

"Bommie~" She smiled. "Oh, who's this?" 

"This is my roomate, Hyoyeon Kim. She's the younger sister of Jongdae, EXO-M's historian. Hyoyeon, this is Shin Yoeng, everyone just calls her Shin though."

Hyoyeon waved cheerfully and extended her arm. "Nice to meet you, Shin! I'm pleased to meet you! I hope we'll be great friends."

"The pleasure's all mine!" Shin shook her hand. "I'm sure we will." 

"Let's sit down and wait for Danbi." You suggested. Hyoyeon took the seat next to you.

"Where's Danbi? Doesn't she usually come with you?" 

"I think the teacher asked her to run an errand for him." Shin said and leaned in to whisper to you guys," That teacher's really erted... I think he has a special liking to Danbi." 

"Ewww, !" You scrunched your face. 

"Yuck! What's the teacher's name?" Hyoyeon asked.

"I think it was like Mr. Seungri or something.." 

"He already sounds like a ert..." Hyoyeon muttered. Shin and you bursted out laughing.

"Oh, here comes Danbi!" You spotted her running towards you guys.

"You're finally here." Shin said. 

"Yeah, thank god. Ugh, I hate that teacher so freaking much. Such a ert." Danbi rolled her eyes and sat down. 

"Hey, you must be Danbi! I'm Bommie's roomate, Hyoyeon. Nice to meet you!"  

"Oh hi there! Yes I'm Danbi, nice to meet you too!" 

They exchanged smiles. You guys chat until time permits. The next bell rings and you retreat to class.