Okay

KyuHyuk Drabbles

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I like you,” and Hyukjae bit his lower lip hardly, waiting for an answer that would probably be denial for him.

 

Being the most popular boy in the school wasn’t exactly what Kyuhyun wanted, neither were the ten confessions he got for a day. Though it was clearly a surprise when Hyukjae, the one boy that has been attending classes with him ever since kinder garden, but the same boy who never, ever talked to him, confessed that he liked him.

 

“Okay,” Kyuhyun said with the same poker face he had.

 

And Kyuhyun walked away, leaving a confused Hyukjae behind who didn’t know what an ‘okay’ meant when it was about confessions.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Did he accept?” Yesung asked as he placed his turtle in the table.

 

“I…,” Hyukjae pouted. “I don’t know,” he said looking at Yesung with puppy eyes. “What is an ‘okay’ supposed to mean when you just received a confession?” he asked not understanding what Kyuhyun wanted to tell him.

 

“I don’t know,” Yesung said playing with his turtle and trying to feed it even when it clearly wasn’t going to eat. “I guess he was rejecting you… or maybe accepting… I’m not sure…”

 

Hyukjae sighed. “You didn’t help at all hyung,” he pouted and let his head fall on the table, closing his eyes out of frustration. “Now I have to face him in my next class…,” he mumbled biting his lower lip.

 

“Just give up Hyuk,” Donghae sat down on the table as well. “I don’t think he knows you, and he rejects everyone that confesses to him.”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes. “Who does everyone knows when they have been rejected with a simple ‘okay’?” he pouted.

 

Donghae looked up. “I have no idea,” he admitted then shrugging it off and resuming his eating.

 

Hyukjae sighed again, “I’ll give up…,” he said closing his eyes again.

 

Avoiding his eyes to stare at Kyuhyun proved Hyukjae to be a hard test, the taller and handsome man was always surrounded by girls and boys, not even sparing a glance at him in the whole day.

 

Hyukjae picked up his stuff and went out of the classroom, Donghae and Yesung waiting for him outside. “Did he say something?” Donghae asked and Hyukjae just shook his head as they walked towards the entrance, ready to go home.

 

Yesung looked at his dongsaeng and sighed. “My turtle says you shouldn’t give up, but turtles don’t talk so I think you should actually do so,” he said making Hyukjae even more confused.

 

Hyukjae looked away when he saw Kyuhyun standing in the mere entrance of the school, he blushed out of embarrassment and hid behind Donghae. “Don’t let him see me,” he whispered to the other who just nodded accepting the mission.

 

Finally they walked through the entrance and Hyukjae sighed in relief, it was going to be a hell of life if he kept avoiding Kyuhyun like that.

 

When he arrived home his torture increase, how could he forget Kyuhyun was his neighbor? He hurried himself in, just waving at Yesung and Donghae who kept on their way to their own houses.

 

It was already dark and hot, Hyukjae opened his window and closed it again abruptly when the image of Kyuhyun taking off his shirt from the house next to him welcomed him. He blushed as he jumped into his bed, covering himself with the blankets.

 

Morning came quickly and Hyukjae opened his eyes with a soft smile in his lips; he decided he would make this day at least a little happier than the day before. Everything changed though, when he heard soft knocks in his window and he flinched scared.

 

“W-Who’s there?” Hyukjae asked walking towards the window, sliding the curtains so he could see what was outside, jumping when he saw Kyuhyun’s smiling face in front of him, waving softly for him to open the window.

 

“I thought I was going to wake you up, did I?” Kyuhyun said as soon as he stepped inside Hyukjae’s neat room. “Your room is cleaner than I thought…,” he wondered out loud, ignoring the furiously blushing Hyukjae covering his mouth shyly.

 

“K-Kyuhyun-shi… what are you doing here?” finally Hyukjae asked.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae. “I was going to walk with you home but you hid behind Donghae so I thought you didn’t want people to see us together,” he said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

 

“What?” Hyukjae asked with wide eyes. “But you rejected me…,” he mumbled looking down and biting his lower lip.

 

“I said ‘okay’,” Kyuhyun said as if that would explain everything.

 

Hyukjae looked at Kyuhyun confused. “Yeah, but I would have liked it if you were clearer with that, you know how hard is to be rejected and think you’re stupid at the same time for not understanding it at first? I mean, you’re great and all but that doesn’t mean everyone is so please-”

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes widely when he felt Kyuhyun’s lips over his, shutting him up effectively. “I was intending to say I accepted your confession,” Kyuhyun whispered against Hyukjae’s lips, making the other blush even harder than before.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~