Clumsy

KyuHyuk Drabbles

“Ouch,” Hyukjae pouted and lifted his tired body from the floor. It was just ten am and he had fallen down the floor for at least three times.

 

He was used to it though, because he was extremely clumsy. “Hyuk, are you okay?” His best friend, Kyuhyun, asked with a soft smile that Hyukjae learnt to love.

 

“Of course I am, you know me already…,” Hyukjae smiled back and took Kyuhyun’s hand. “Let’s go to the classroom already!” he exclaimed, dragging Kyuhyun to the next class because they would probably arrive late.

 

“Late…,” the teacher shook his head disapprovingly. “Again.”

 

Hyukjae bit his lower lip and looked down. “It’s just that-”

 

“It’s okay, I don’t want to hear how you fell down, just go sit already,” the teacher said waving his hand and turning to the blackboard to write the new contents of the class.

 

Hyukjae walked to his seat followed by Kyuhyun who just trailed behind silently, pulling Hyukjae towards him when the latter was about to step on something or lose control of his body. Thank you. Hyukjae mouthed every time it happened.

 

As soon as they were in their respective seats, Kyuhyun leaned down and started to sleep as Hyukjae smiled and caressed his hair gently. “Kyu, not because you’re a genius you can sleep in class,” he said but he didn’t stop caressing his hair.

 

Kyuhyun turned his head towards him and smiled gently, his eyes closed contentedly. “It’s okay, I’m listening.”

 

“He’s not saying anything yet,” Hyukjae pouted and smiled at how peaceful Kyuhyun’s face looked.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. “That’s why.”

 

Hyukjae sighed and giggled lowly before turning to the front, just when the teacher started to talk and he continued to caress Kyuhyun’s hair gently.

 

……………..

 

“You guys are really, really clumsy,” Heechul sighed shaking his head as he crossed his arms over his chest. “Seriously, you can’t even control your own body.”

 

And Hyukjae opened his mouth to say that no, it wasn’t that they were clumsy. He was clumsy and Kyuhyun happened to be there and fall down in the attempt to pull him up again. But Kyuhyun talked first. “You can’t control your ugly face, that’s sadder.”

 

Heechul frowned deeply. “You brat! Respect your hyung!”

 

Kyuhyun stood up. “Whatever, I’m sleepy, I’ll go to the roof.”

 

“You’re not eating?” Hyukjae asked standing up as well and looking at Kyuhyun already turning around.

 

“No thanks,” Kyuhyun said and just walked ahead.

 

“See you later Hyung, and don’t believe him, you’re the most beautiful person I’ve ever met,” Hyukjae said and Heechul smiled contented by the comment.

 

Hyukjae also turned around and left behind Kyuhyun’s steps, calling for the other and whining when he suddenly crashed against something.

 

“Hey there cutie,” another student called and Hyukjae blushed madly from the floor, looking up and then away. “S-Sorry…,” he apologized standing up and bowing gently.

 

“It’s okay, it’s not like I mind it,” the other said softly and Hyukjae smiled gently. “But you can accept an invitation for a coffee as an apology.”

 

“Sorry, he’s taken,” Kyuhyun suddenly came and hugged Hyukjae from the waist. “Nice try though.”

 

Hyukjae sighed and looked at Kyuhyun. It wasn’t the first time Kyuhyun said Hyukjae was his, it wasn’t even surprising because Hyukjae had gotten used to it from the so many times he had heard it. So he just smiled gently and let Kyuhyun drag him away from that student.

 

“Be more careful,” Kyuhyun always said but they both knew it couldn’t be fixed.

 

“I’ll try,” Hyukjae said and sat down by Kyuhyun’s side in the roof, against the wall.

 

Kyuhyun simply nodded and made Hyukjae spread his legs so he could use his lap as a pillow. “Now let me sleep, I get tired from always taking care of you.”

 

Hyukjae smiled gently and his hand traveled directly to caress Kyuhyun’s hair gently. “Sleep well, Kyu.”

 

“Mmh…,” Kyuhyun hummed and turned around slightly, burying his head against Hyukjae’s abdomen and rounding his waist tightly.

 

Hyukjae laughed softly but didn’t resist.

 

It wasn’t as he didn’t enjoy it though.

 

Hyukjae smiled. “Kyu, I love you.”

 

Hyukjae heard Kyuhyun chuckle against his clothes. “I know, I love you too.”

 

“Good,” Hyukjae nodded and finally let Kyuhyun sleep.

 

Maybe Kyuhyun would never know he was actually so clumsy because he would always be thinking about him.