Promises

KyuHyuk Drabbles

 

“Damn it Kyuhyun! I so hate you so much right now!” Hyukjae yelled going inside his room and slamming the door close.

                                    

Kyuhyun frowned. “Yah! Hyukjae!” he yelled hitting the door hardly. “Come here right now! We’re not done talking!” he screamed feeling how anger built up in his system. “Do you think this is the best way to fix things up?! Don’t be this coward Hyukjae! If I had known you were like this I would have never even ask you out! YAH! HYUKJAE!”

                                    

Hyukjae opened the door suddenly; so suddenly that Kyuhyun froze with his hand still on the air, attempting to hit the door one more time but staying in its place when it was Hyukjae the one that was in front of him. “So you regret eventhat?” Hyukjae asked dryly.

                                    

But Kyuhyun could see through that façade that Hyukjae built; it was obvious he shed some tears in those few seconds he was inside the room. A little spank of guilt went up Kyuhyun’s chest but he shook it right away. “Now I do,” he answered firmly and Hyukjae only looked down.

                                    

“Fine,” Hyukjae whispered with a knot in his throat. He walked pass Kyuhyun and grabbed the papers in Kyuhyun’s hands, he went to the table and placed them there, biting his lower lip hardly as he grabbed the pen randomly placed there.

                                    

Kyuhyun could only stare at the fragile figure in front of him; he could see already his shoulders shaking and he felt his heart clench.

                                    

Hyukjae closed his eyes tightly after signing those papers and taking them away from him so he wouldn’t stain them with his tears; his signature came out as a shaky doodle more than a set of perfect lines that he was so used to do. “I guess this is what you want,” he whispered after a few minutes of heavy silence than neither of them wanted to break. “So this is it…,” he declared just for the two of them, his voice broke and he could say nothing more.

                                    

“Where are you going?” Kyuhyun asked way softer than before when he saw Hyukjae walking towards the door of their apartment.

                                    

“I’ll send someone to pick up my stuff later,” Hyukjae said not turning around, opening the door and stopping when he was about to go out. He turned around and Kyuhyun felt himself break at the sight of those before perfect eyes now red and teary, that smooth skin now red and covered in crystal tears, those soft lips now swollen because Hyukjae bit them hard. “But just so you know Kyuhyun…,” Hyukjae mumbled looking at Kyuhyun’s eyes directly. “I always loved you, maybe I will always do, and I don’t regret any single thing I did, every single decision I took because of you… if your happiness is away from me I won’t oppose to that… I once swore I was going to give my all to you, now I’m giving you everything I am away… just… just be happy,” he bit his lower lip again and finally went out.

                                    

Kyuhyun stared at the closed door; he wanted to run after Hyukjae, he wanted to tell him that maybe he still loved him; that maybe he was just confused; that maybe if they tried again everything would be better.

                                    

But why wasn’t Kyuhyun moving? Why were his tears falling? Why was he always that stupid? It was his decision to divorce, he was the one asking for that. Kyuhyun couldn’t fulfill the same promise that Hyukjae did years ago in their wedding ceremony when he, as well, promised to give his all for the love of his life.

                                    

Minutes passed, hours maybe, and Kyuhyun could only keep staring at the door, not even knowing his tears were running down unstoppably. “Hyuk…,” he could finally articulate and when he realized what he had done he could only grip on his hair and cry out loud, his sobs echoing in the now empty and dark side. Had it always been like that? Of course not, Hyukjae would always make it brighter.

                                    

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                    

Almost five months passed and all Hyukjae’s things were still in the apartment, Kyuhyun didn’t even dare to move them away, afraid that Hyukjae would be mad if he did when he came back.

                                    

He wanted to contact Hyukjae, but he didn’t dare to do so, so he waited. Kyuhyun waited patiently for Hyukjae to call him, to send someone, even if it was that annoying friend of his called Minho, he didn’t care as long as he knew something of the other. Kyuhyun was eager to tell Hyukjae how much he has been reflecting, thinking of how they could start again, how they could just take things slow.

                                    

A knock on the door distracted Kyuhyun from his thoughts and a smile grew on his lips, it was the first time he received a visit in all that time. “Yes?” Kyuhyun asked at the man standing in front of him.

                                    

“Are you Mr. Cho Kyuhyun?” the man asked and Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow confused.

                                    

“Yes, how can I help you?” Kyuhyun asked somehow feeling uneasy.

                                    

The man in front of him sighed. “Are you Lee Hyukjae’s ex-husband?” he asked and Kyuhyun just nodded smelling something bad, he cursed his heart for beating so fast in panic. Everything is okay. He tried to convinced himself but failed miserably.

                                    

“Is there something wrong with him?” Kyuhyun asked nervously when the man looked away from his eyes.

                                    

“I’m sorry I’m the one giving you this information, but we couldn’t contact the victim’s family so-”

                                    

“Victim?” Kyuhyun asked now definitely deciding it was worth to worry.

                                    

The man gulped. “Well, Mr. Lee Hyukjae was kidnapped since five months ago but when the kidnappers found out he wasn’t you,  they him several times for months,” and there was a pause where Kyuhyun thought he would die. “Last night his body was thrown to the Han River along with some tapes, he refused to tell what I suppose was your location so he got hit and cut several times, when the patrol and the ambulance came there was nothing they could do, he was asphyxiated with a rope while marking his body with hot iron,” the man didn’t know if he should continue but it was his must to do. “During five months he was tortured in any inhuman way but he still refused on telling something about you, on the tapes he kept on mumbling something about him promising to always protect the one he loved, at the end he couldn’t take it and became insane, that was when he was killed.”

                                    

Kyuhyun’s heart stopped, his tears flowed down without him noticing, his body felt weak and he fell on his knees miserably. “No…,” he shook his head in denial. “Hyuk… my Hyuk…,” he covered his hands with his hands as the image of an always loving and cheerful Hyukjae plastered in his mind. “Hyukjae…,” he called miserably. “Hyukjae…,” he shook his head. “No… my Hyukkie…,” his hands trembled and his eyes were lost. “Hyukkie…”

                                    

The man kneeled down. “I’m sorry…,” he said sincerely as he handed Kyuhyun a piece of paper. “This was the only thing he had with him at the moment…”

                                    

Kyuhyun looked up and took the piece of paper, not even noticing the man walked away as he stared at the photograph in his shaky hands, some drops of dried blood decorating it but the smile Hyukjae was wearing still brightening it up. “Hyukkie…,” he cried out loud.

                                    

It was their wedding’s photo; the one Kyuhyun didn’t want to take but ended up being dragged by Hyukjae, when they were looking at each other lovingly, Hyukjae in his white tuxedo smiling brightly and Kyuhyun in his black one smiling softly as well.

                                    

Kyuhyun turned the photograph around and his tears flowed even harder, it was his own messy handwritten followed by Hyukjae’s neat one.

                                    

Hyuk, I promise I will always be by your side,

no matter what, I love you and always will.

Be with me forever because I won’t be able to live if you’re not.

This is the happiest day of my life,

let’s always be together.

I love you.

                                    

Kyu, I’ll give my life for you,

no matter what, I love you.

                                    
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

                
A/N: 
I’m sick; hence: super angsty fics! xD