Blind

KyuHyuk Drabbles

 

Kyuhyun walked, exactly seventy three steps before he reached the final point of his short journey. He only waited for three seconds before the blond walked in the opposite direction, looking around and sometimes looking down, a soft and lovely smile in his lips.

 

It had been almost six months, since the blond boy walked through the small and messy alley every day, going somewhere Kyuhyun had no idea. The blond boy simply walked, greeting hello to the old man in the antique lamps shop and then bowing to the old lady of the flower shop.

 

Kyuhyun turned around as soon as the blond boy passed by him and he followed with his eyes, smiling softly because he didn’t know why, he liked to see how happy that boy was and how his day suddenly enlightened when he sees the other. He walked forward, following the blond boy silently and smiling softly. He knew he could be confused for a ert or a stalker, but it was okay, because he would stop his tracks as soon as the blond boy stopped the bus and went into it.

 

Route 13, Kyuhyun always remembered, wondering where the other would go down.

 

Seventy two steps and there he was, the blond boy. Though Kyuhyun noticed he was earlier by some seconds, he still smiled softly, turning around and following the other with his eyes and then walking slowly.

 

Something strange happened that day, because the blond boy stopped his tracks in the middle of the alley, just in front of the book store.

 

And Kyuhyun thought he would get scolded for following him to the bus stop every morning, silently and without a word. It was after a few seconds that the blond man turned around and faced Kyuhyun, who simply froze and looked around trying to act natural even when he knew he was the worst actor ever in history. “I’m Hyukjae,” the blond boy said softly and Kyuhyun gasped, not expecting a smooth voice to be that beautiful.

 

Kyuhyun’s eyes went to Hyukjae’s and he smiled. “Kyuhyun,” he simply said and that was all.

 

Ever since that morning, he would wait three seconds, earlier than usual. He would smile widely at Hyukjae who would approach him and call his name softly.

 

They didn’t say anything, they simply walked together to the bus stop and they didn’t even care about greeting goodbye because they knew they would meet each other the next day.

 

But it was until weeks later that Kyuhyun found out the truth, that Hyukjae was blind, that Hyukjae counted the steps he gave to arrive to the bus stop through the alley, that Hyukjae would wait for the others to greet him to know they were actually there. He would ask someone in the bus stop what route was the one stopping and he would go into it carefully.

 

“How did you know I was following you?” Kyuhyun once asked, walking side by side.

 

Hyukjae stopped and smiled, looking at the infinite. “How did you know I would come here every morning?” he asked back, turning to where Kyuhyun’s voice came from.

 

Kyuhyun looked away nervously. “I see you every day,” he admitted but he smiled when Hyukjae smiled sweetly at him.

 

“And I feel you every day.”


A/N: Drabbles inspired in mimi unnie's KyuHyuk posters.

(:

Not my best but umm... spare my life neh? xD