No Title 1

KyuHyuk Drabbles

No title 1 ||| 5,509 words

 

Hyukjae hummed a song so low that only he could listen to it, looking down at the book over his lap as he sat in between the library's stalls comfortably, crossing his legs to keep the book neatly there. He smiled as he read how the main character discovered a new clue for his case and he grinned widely because with those clues, he already knew who the killer was.

 

The last hall of the library was always isolated because those books were too old and old fashioned as to read them, so Hyukjae used to sit there resting his back against the stall against the wall. He stopped his reading for a second to stretch his arms before looking down again to keep reading.

 

Hyukjae heard a weird noise and he looked up alarmed, gasping as he saw a couple of college students making out against the stall he was leaning against. A tall man was pinning another one against the stall. He blushed furiously as he saw how the taller male was slowly sliding his hand along the smaller's one, lifting it up against his hips.

 

Hyukjae looked away, closing his eyes at the low moans and sighs of pleasure, looking to the other side and realizing he had nowhere to go without going through there.

 

It wasn't as bad for a few seconds but it all changed when Hyukjae heard a louder moan and a zipper going down. Oh lord oh lord, what do I do now?

 

Hyukjae gulped and looked down the floor, it couldn't be that they didn't notice his presence. But then again, they looked quite busy. Maybe if I'm silent enough...

 

Hyukjae nodded for himself, determined on going away without being discovered, walk away and forget it even happened. Sighing for himself and taking a deep breath, he held his book in between his teeth before getting on his knees and hands, crawling slowly behind the busy couple.

 

It was bad luck, Hyukjae decided. Because just when he was behind them, the taller man decided to give a small step back to rip the smallers's shirt open and his foot stepped on his hand. The sound of his delicate bones crashing was nothing compared to the sting of pain he felt. The tears started forming in his eyes and he let go a yelp of pain almost instantly, letting the book fall down the carpeted floor, adverting the couple that he was there.

 

The foot was soon retrieved and Hyukjae took his hand quickly against the other, whining and blinking to not let his tears fall down. He looked up and shivered as he saw two pairs of eyes looking at him in confusion and surprise. Hyukjae could see the frown forming in the smaller's man forehead and how the taller male leaned down towards him. "Oh god, I'm sorry, I didn't realize there was someone here," his voice was soft and his hair messy. His lips were red and swollen from the make out and Hyukjae looked at his hand, biting his lips harshly because he was about to cry out of pain.

 

"You should have said something," the smaller man said and pulled the other up. "Let's go, Kyuhyun."

 

Hyukjae was left alone in the library, finally letting his tears fall down, sniffing as he massaged his hand slowly and gently to soothe the pain away. After a few minutes, he cleaned his face and sighed. It still hurt but it wasn't as bad as before... It was more like it was swelling awfully. "But I have a test tomorrow...," he pouted and sighed, at least it had been the left one.

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

The nurse said it would hurt and it would keep being swollen for a few hours or days but that at least it wasn't broken. Hyukjae could only sigh and nod, hissing in pain as he saw how the nurse was bandaging his hand carefully.

 

Truth was, that Hyukjae wanted to hate and blame them both, but he couldn't. Because it was Hyukjae the one who decided to crawl behind two boys making out and now the idea seemed really stupid.

 

Walking out from the nursery, Hyukjae walked towards the arts faculty to get into the canteen and eat something. It was still early to reach his room since his roommate, Zhoumi, had asked him to go away until night since he was bringing a guy there. 

 

Hyukjae sat down in the almost empty canteen and took out the book he was reading, resting his hand on his lap to not move it too much and sighing as he stood up to go get some food, leaving his belongings on the table because he couldn't carry both the food and them all.

 

"Seven dollars," the lady said nonactantly and Hyukjae nodded, pouting as he battled with his wallet and bandaged hand to take out a bill.

 

"Here," Hyukjae smiled in victory as he paid and grabbed his food, happily walking to the table he was before.

 

He sat down and kept reading as he ate slowly before a piece of cake slid towards him from the table. Hyukjae flinched at the sudden movement and jumped back scared, looking up at the man that was smiling at him, trying to give him cake. It was Kyuhyun, or at least that's what he remembered from the library.

 

"I'm sorry for stepping on you this morning, I didn't intend to do it. How is your hand?" Kyuhyun asked and Hyukjae looked at him and then down the cake.

 

"It's ok, a little swollen... But it's ok... I should have run instead of crawl," Hyukjae smiled faintly and looked at his book again.

 

"I'm Kyuhyun," the other said with a smile and Hyukjae sighed.

 

"I'm Sungmin," Hyukjae said. He always used to use a different name for strangers he didn't want to get involved with, and it always worked.

 

"Nice to meet you, Sungmin," Kyuhyun said smiling widely. "I brought you a cake as an apology for this morning. I hope you like it."

 

Hyukjae smiled and nodded. "Thanks. It's ok now, so don't worry, alright?" It was more like a plead for Kyuhyun to go away and leave him alone with his pain.

 

"Hey, would you mind giving me your phone number?" Kyuhyun asked and Hyukjae smiled sweetly. Flirting. He laughed at the other internally.

 

"Sure, but I don't have it with me right now, is it ok if I just write it down a napkin?" Hyukjae asked and Kyuhyun quickly nodded, handing him a pen.

 

Hyukjae smiled and wrote down a number, wishing Sungmin wouldn't be too mad for him to use his name and phone number. They could be good friends anyways. 

 

"Here," Hyukjae said offering a soft smile as he gave Kyuhyun a number written under the name he used.

 

Kyuhyun smiled and looked at the napkin, smiling widely. "I have a class right now, are you free later?" He asked and Hyukjae raised an eyebrow at him. "Just so I can apologize properly."

 

Hyukjae laughed softly, almost charmingly. "I would love that, but truth is, I also have some things to do later..."

 

"Then, can I call you tonight?" There was a little hope in Kyuhyun's voice and Hyukjae hummed, nodding softly at him.

 

"Anytime," Hyukjae said with a smile he knew, was flirtatious.

 

"Alright, I have to go now, it was extremely nice to meet you, Sungmin," Kyuhyun said as he stood up and walked away, waving at him.

 

Hyukjae smiled and waved back, turning back to his book and the piece of cake by its side. He shrugged and ate the cake slowly. 

 

He was a fan of cakes. He had probably tasted at least once every possible existing cake in three miles around. There was definitely no cake that could surprise him anymore.

 

Yet, it was the most delicious cake Hyukjae had ever tasted. 

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

"HYUKJAE!" Hyukjae flinched in surprise at the sudden voice and turned around calmly. He sighed as he saw Sungmin approaching him with his phone in hand, a frown in his face and his cute lips pursed into a thin line. "WHO THE IS KYUHYUN?!"

 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow as he waited for Sungmin to be in front of him and shook his head slowly. "I don't know, who is it?" He asked and Sungmin flailed his arms in frustration. "And why should I know?"

 

Sungmin's expression quickly changed to a cute and adorable one as he pouted. "He invited me out and I'm pretty sure it wasn't me the one he was looking for," he said and glared cutely at Hyukjae.

 

Hyukjae laughed softly and nodded. "Well, good luck Min!"

 

"Hyuk!" Sungmin whined. "He thought I was you! Stop giving my phone number to strangers!"

 

Hyukjae opened his mouth in an 'o' shape as he remembered who Kyuhyun was. "Min, ask him where he buys cakes," he said and Sungmin was both, confused and amused because Hyukjae was showing interest in someone.

 

"You ask him! You're going out with him tonight!" Sungmin said firmly, crossing his arms over his chest to try and look authoritarian.

 

"I can't," Hyukjae nodded. "Practically, he invited you and I have night classes today."

 

Sungmin's face became slightly red from how frustrated he was. "Hyuk!, I'll go and explain to him only if you promise to not give my phone number anymore..."

 

Hyukjae looked at Sungmin for a few seconds. I guess Zhoumi won't mind me giving out his phone number... "Alright, but make sure to ask him where he buys cakes..."

 

Sungmin threw him a glare before throwing his hands to the air, flailing frustrated and only shaking his head as he turned around and walked away, mumbling under his breath. 

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

He was running through the forest, running away from the dozens of men wanting to kill him mercilessly. Hyukjae held his breath. His leg was bleeding. The love of his life was waiting for him on the other side of the river with open arms. Hyukjae bit his lower lip and opened his eyes widely. "Stop right there, traitor!" He was panting, tears streaming down his eyes without him noticing. He didn't even have time to cry out in pain. Hyukjae's skin was becoming blue from holding his breath for so long. He was running out of time, "if I can't live with my love, I shall not love at all!" The arrow was thrown and he could only see how it was directed to his heart. In just a second, it was approaching, he would die right there with the honor he had left. The arrow-

 

"You gave me a wrong number."

 

Hyukjae gasped and left out all the air he was holding. What? Wait- what? He panicked. Why was his reading time disturbed so horribly like that? "Just when I was about to know if he would die or not..."

 

He sighed deeply and looked up towards the person that invaded his personal space so shamelessly. He sighed again as he saw the man that had stepped on his hand before.

 

"He doesn't die. He pretends to die and you know he didn't at the end of the book," Kyuhyun said and looked how Hyukjae frowned. Great, the book was ruined.

 

"Now I'll have to look for another book...," Hyukjae whined standing up to accommodate the book in its place.

 

"Pay attention to me now. You gave me someone else's number and name," Kyuhyun didn't look mad or angry. It was more like he looked tired and Hyukjae sighed, nodding slowly before realizing the man in his exclusive part of the library was the owner of the bigges secret of them.

 

"Where did you get the cake you gave me?" Hyukjae asked gently.

 

Kyuhyun was confused for a few seconds before laughing softly and sitting down, pulling Hyukjae's hand down to make them both sit side by side the last hall of the library. "I don't know why you gave me someone else's name and number, but thank you, I really liked him. We'll go out again," he said and looked around the books. "I'll give you some more if you tell me your real name."

 

Hyukjae grinned widely and extended his hand. "I'm Hyukjae, nice to meet you!"

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and shook his hand. "Alright Hyukjae, I'll bring you some later," he said. "Now let's talk about what book you should read next."

 

"Or we could talk about where you get that delicious cake~" Hyukjae proposed but Kyuhyun shook his head.

 

"Never, that's a precious secret," Kyuhyun nodded and Hyukjae glared at him before reaching his hand and holding a random book, handing it to Kyuhyun. "This one, read this one."

 

"A receipt to not die?" Kyuhyun read the title and looked at Hyukjae confused, chuckling when Hyukjae nodded. "Alright, then..."

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

Kyuhyun turned out to be a good friend and reading mate. They would usually go and read in the last hall of the library, discuss the books they enjoyed the most that week and then whine when Sungmin would go and get them. Both out of there to eat something.

 

Once in a while, Kyuhyun would bring Hyukjae some cake and the latter would be delighted. "Sungmin, please ask your boyfriend where he gets that cake!" Hyukjae demanded.

 

They were in their last year, Kyuhyun was studying his master's degree and Sungmin and him had marriage plans already. Hyukjae couldn't be happier for them and would usually request more cake from Kyuhyun. "It was me the one who got the two of you together," he used to say and Kyuhyun would bring him a small slice of cake, not enough, in Hyukjae's opinion, but good enough, for him.

 

He was calmly reading a book in the same spot from always, turning the page as he smiled at the words the main character was saying. Hyukjae turned around when he saw by the corner of his eyes a body that slid down along the shelf to the floor by his side. Kyuhyun’s legs were sprawled all over the carpeted floor and he looked as if he had no strength at all. “You alright?” Hyukjae asked concerned.

 

Kyuhyun turned towards Hyukjae, his eyes were surrounded by a dark halo, indicating that he couldn’t sleep well lately.

 

“Wow, you look awful,” Hyukjae commented, leaning closer to look at Kyuhyun’s tired face. “What’s gotten into you?”

 

Kyuhyun sighed and closed his eyes. “Hyuk,” he called before opening his eyes again, locking them with Hyukjae’s. “Last year, the guy you were dating, who was it? Donghae?” he asked unsure, continuing when Hyukjae nodded slowly. “He proposed to you, why did you reject him?”

 

Hyukjae gasped softly, biting his lower lip as he looked down at the book in his hand. “W-Well… I just-,” he cleared his throat awkwardly. “I wasn’t ready for marriage yet. I loved him, but I really didn’t see my future by his side…”

 

Kyuhyun nodded and sighed deeply, leaning back against the bookshelf. “Look,” he said, sliding his hand to his jacket and taking out a small black box.

 

Hyukjae’s heart was racing, even if he knew he wasn’t the receiver. He took the small box and looked at Kyuhyun, as if asking for permission to open it. He gulped and looked down at the box when Kyuhyun nodded at him, opening it slowly and gasping softly as the small jade incrusted in a silver ring was revealed. Hyukjae knew many would find it ugly or way too simple for an engagement ring. But somehow, Hyukjae found it to be the most beautiful he had ever seen. “I-It’s so…,” Hyukjae’s breath hitched, feeling a strange sensation run through his abdomen, “so beautiful…,” he whispered, his voice not strong enough to say it louder. “It’s so beautiful, Kyuhyun…”

 

It didn’t look expensive, as anything Kyuhyun had. But it gave a feeling of true love and Hyukjae couldn’t stop thinking just how lucky Sungmin was to receive such a perfect gift, and also a ring.

 

“If I were to propose to you with that ring,” Kyuhyun started, sighing deeply. “What would you say, Hyukjae?”

 

Hyukjae’s heart was beating so hard and fast that for a moment, it felt as if it had stopped. He looked up to look at Kyuhyun and opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out so he tried again. “I-,” he bit his lower lip and looked down, closing the small box. “I would definitely say yes…,” he whispered, only loud enough for Kyuhyun to hear.

 

Kyuhyun opened his eyes widely and looked at Kyuhyun, gaping for air, as if the answer wasn’t what he expected to hear. He opened his mouth to say something and closed it again, looking at Hyukjae amused. “R-Really?”

 

Hyukjae felt the color rise up his cheeks and cleared his throat to distract himself from the fluttering feeling in his abdomen. “Of course…,” he said handing Kyuhyun the box. “I think Silver is one of the most beautiful metals. Many cannot see how valuable it is because they get blinded by gold and diamonds, but I think it’s great…”

 

Kyuhyun nodded slowly, looking at Hyukjae before taking out another box. “What about with this one? Would you still say yes?”

 

Hyukjae looked up confused, taking the other small box and opening it slowly, looking at the ring in it. It was a diamond. It was a golden ring with diamonds incrusted. “It’s perfect Kyuhyun,” he said. “Of course I would say yes…”

 

Kyuhyun chuckled and hummed. “I have nice taste, right?” he asked and looked at Hyukjae, smiling gently because the smaller man was still focusing on the ring.

 

Hyukjae simply nodded, not even daring to touch the ring.

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae for a long and uncomfortable minute before looking down at the boxes. “You know…,” Kyuhyun started. “I asked Sungmin to marry me. I organized a dinner, I took him to the beach, it was the perfect date. You know we’ve been fighting recently and I wanted him to know I was serious about him…,” he sighed deeply and ran his fingers through his hair.

 

Hyukjae held his breath and looked at Kyuhyun, feeling a burning sensation in his throat.

 

“He said no,” Kyuhyun whispered, closing his eyes as if he didn’t want Hyukjae to see his tears. “I showed him the silver ring and said no, then I showed him the diamond and doubted it,” he chuckled bitterly and opened his eyes again to look at Hyukjae. “They’re both my family’s rings. The silver one from my mother, the diamond one from my father…”

 

Hyukjae gulped and held his hands together, not wanting Kyuhyun to see him tremble. “Kyuhyun… I’m sorry… I-”

 

“It’s alright…,” Kyuhyun chuckled. “I guess he also couldn’t see himself building a future with me…”

 

Hyukjae bit his lip and for the very first time in their friendship, he sat up on his knees, slowly wrapping his arms around Kyuhyun’s shoulder, allowing the other to cry freely in his embrace.

 

Kyuhyun remembered what his grandmother had told him when he was given the ring.

 

“Marry the one who loves you, not the ring.”

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

Hyukjae raised an eyebrow as he saw how Kyuhyun was grinning widely at him. “You’re scaring me,” he confessed and Kyuhyun laughed, shaking his head.

 

“I have a surprise for you,” Kyuhyun said grinning widely and looking around to make sure there was almost no one in the company’s cafeteria.

 

Kyuhyun was a director in his father’s company, just for a while in the mean time of Kyuhyun’s preparation. And Hyukjae was also a worker in there, courtesy of Kyuhyun who insisted on not spreading away like that after he graduated from college.

 

“Last surprise was awful Kyuhyun, I don’t want another octopus in my office,” Hyukjae glared at him, pursing his lips as he let down his food, studying Kyuhyun’s movements carefully. “No more strange food either…”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and shook his head. “Come with me after you’re done with work, I’ll be in the parking lot!” he smiled widely and stepped away, stopping and turning around to look at Hyukjae. “I forgot to say, happy birthday, Hyukjae,” he smiled, almost lovingly and Hyukjae gasped silently, clearing his throat to distract himself from the color reaching his cheeks and he turned down, nodding slowly.

 

“T-Thanks…,” Hyukjae whispered and Kyuhyun hummed, smiling softly because he could never get tired of Hyukjae’s blush.

 

“Let’s meet later,” Kyuhyun said and waved goodbye, walking out from the cafeteria.

 

Hyukjae smiled as he looked at Kyuhyun’s back, biting his lower lip as he sighed deeply, looking at his watch and running back to his office to finish as soon as possible.

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

“What am I doing in your apartment, I’m so not going to clean it Kyuhyun, we’ve been through this before and I-”

 

“Seriously Hyukjae, shut up, I have a surprise for you,” Kyuhyun said as he grabbed Hyukjae’s hand and dragged him into his apartment, smiling as he noticed the light blush in Hyukjae’s cheeks.

 

Hyukjae pouted as he sat down quietly. He was blindfolded and he sighed deeply. “Will you me, Kyuhyun?” I know I’m hot and all, but this is not the way to win my heart.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed as he took out ingredients from the fridge and kitchen counters. “I can, later, if you want. But right now, I’ll make something for you.”

 

Hyukjae bit his lower lip and cleared his throat. “Anyway, what are you doing?”

 

“I’ll bake something delicious for you,” Kyuhyun said. “But it’s a secret receipt so you can’t see it completely…”

 

Hyukjae gasped and took off the blindfold, ignoring the loud ‘yah’ from Kyuhyun. “You!” Hyukjae frowned and pointed his finger at him. “YOU BAKED THE SAME ING CAKE FOR LIKE SEVEN ING YEARS AND GAVE ME JUST ONE ING SLICE OF IT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I HATE YOU!”

 

Kyuhyun looked at Hyukjae and laughed, turning away as he scratched the back of his head. “I expected you to not realize it… and I wanted you to keep asking for it so you wouldn’t go away from me so easily…”

 

Hyukjae blushed deeply and pouted, throwing the blindfold towards Kyuhyun. “Bake it, and make sure to make it really good because I want it all for myself. Not just a freaking slice!”

 

Kyuhyun caught the blindfold and grinned childish, stepping closer to wrap it again around Hyukjae’s eyes. “I’m still keeping the receipt for myself, that way you have to come back to me.”

 

Hyukjae bit his lower lip and nodded slowly, mumbling lowly. “Even like that I would come back to you, idiot…”

 

“I know,” Kyuhyun whispered. Hyukjae had no idea he was still so close to him and he gasped softly as he felt soft lips against his in a soft peck.

 

Hyukjae decided to stay quiet for a few minutes as he heard how Kyuhyun moved from side to side mixing ingredients. I wasn’t that he didn’t have anything to say. It was just that he knew his voice would tremble just as his hands were.

 

“Alright, it’s baking already,” Kyuhyun said as he took off the blindfold, chuckling as he saw how red Hyukjae was. “Seriously Hyukjae, why are you like this? We’ve been together since like… years ago…”

 

Hyukjae pouted and looked up at Kyuhyun, hitting how shoulder. “Shut up Kyuhyun, I never thought you would do that to me, if not for that cake, I would have kicked your balls already.”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and leaned down again, stealing another soft peck from Hyukjae’s lips. “Why? You already knew I liked you.”

 

Hyukjae blushed furiously and frowned, covering his lips. “No more kisses, I need the cake first.”

 

Kyuhyun smirked. “Since I’ll give you all the cake, then I’ll ask for something too.”

 

Hyukjae gasped. “But it’s my birthday! How can you be so cruel?!”

 

Kyuhyun laughed and shook his head. “Let’s go to the library later,” he proposed. “There’s a book I want us to read, as the old times.”

 

Hyukjae stared at Kyuhyun and nodded slowly. “After the cake?” he asked and Kyuhyun nodded. “Alright, then. How much will it take?”

 

Kyuhyun smiled widely. “Half an hour in baking and another one in preparing it.”

 

Hyukjae nodded and looked down at his trembling hands. “A-Alright… let’s just watch something in the mean while.”

 

“Actually,” Kyuhyun grinned and held Hyukjae’s hand, pulling him up to wrap his hands around his small waist. “I’ll congratulate you first,” he said and nuzzled his face against Hyukjae’s neck. “Thank you for always being by my side, Hyukjae. Though I kind of hated you for giving me a wrong number, I don’t regret anything I’ve gone through. Thank you for staying with me and not letting me go to jail after drinking so much… Thank you for staying another year by my side… So Happy birthday, Hyukjae.”

 

Hyukjae bit his lip and smiled tenderly, hugging Kyuhyun back, resting his head comfortably against Kyuhyun’s shoulder, closing his eyes to enjoy the warmth. “Thanks for remember it, Kyuhyun…”

 

“Don’t I, always?” Kyuhyun said and squeezed Hyukjae’s body gently. “I even bake you cakes all the time.”

 

“Right,” Hyukjae parted away and looked at Kyuhyun directly. “You never told me you baked, I even thought you were a useless piece of heir.”

 

Kyuhyun pouted, faking to be hurt and shook his head. “How come? I’ve cooked for you before.”

 

“Yes, but it was awful, Kyuhyun. I got sick every time!” Hyukjae exclaimed and Kyuhyun cleared his throat.

 

“Anyway, just be happy I’ll give you all the cake,” Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae grinned widely, nodding eagerly.

 

That night, Hyukjae slept in Kyuhyun’s bed, surrounded by Kyuhyun’s eyes, after eating half the cake all by himself, threatening Kyuhyun to not eat ever a tiny piece of it.

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

“NO!” Hyukjae exclaimed and pouted, crossing his arms over his chest.

 

“Why? It’s your favorite cake, it’s only obvious I’ll bake it for our wedding,” Kyuhyun explained and Hyukjae shook his head.

 

“No, that cake is only for me Kyuhyun, I don’t want everyone to taste it…,” Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun laughed, nodding as he hugged Hyukjae tightly, kissing his forehead as he closed his eyes and sighed deeply in content.

 

“Thanks for agreeing to marry me, Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun whispered, sliding his hand to hold Hyukjae’s, pulling it up and smiling at that certain silver ring he had hated so much before.

 

Hyukjae smiled and looked at Kyuhyun, at how his eyes were so tender and beautiful. Hyukjae loved Kyuhyun, and Kyuhyun loved him back. They didn’t know since when, but Kyuhyun still baked for him every time he asked for it.

 

“How could I reject you?” Hyukjae asked smiling gently. “You gave me not one, but two rings!”

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and pecked Hyukjae’s lips. “Alright, no cake for a month for you.”

 

Hyukjae grinned widely. “No cake, no honeymoon.”

 

“So how about a cake right now?”




A/N: so hello~ Just to remind you all that I'm still alive and that I'm writing quite a lot lately so expect multiple updates this weekend and on~

I love you all! <3