Stare

KyuHyuk Drabbles

 

Little Kyuhyun squinted his eyes as he looked at the boy in front of him. Brown hair, pink lips, big eyes, pale skin, the boy looked like a doll. 
 
"Stop staring," the little boy said, pouting and frowning. Little Kyuhyun had a hard time deciding if it was cute or scary.
 
"Cute," he decided out loud and the pout was soon replaced with pursed lips forming a thin line.
 
"What?" The boy asked and little Kyuhyun knew he was annoyed.
 
"Scary," Kyuhyun mumbled for himself, changing his mind.
 
The little boy frowned deeper and walked closer. "Listen, you're staring and mumbling and I don't like that so stop it."
 
Little Kyuhyun looked around, at his mother talking comfortably with someone else. "I can stare as much as I want," he defended crossing his little arms over his chest.
 
The boy pursed his lips tighter and frowned deeper. "You called me cute," he stated and little Kyuhyun pouted.
 
"Not anymore," little Kyuhyun said and he doesn't really remember why and how the fight started until his mother had to drag him away and both boys cried loudly.
 
------------------------
 
"What?" Hyukjae asked annoyed and Kyuhyun rolled his eyes.
 
"What, what?" Kyuhyun asked, looking at Hyukjae intently, at his red hair, his still pale skin, his big eyes and his now red lips. Still cute.
 
Hyukjae frowned. "Stop staring at me, you weirdo," he said pursing his lips and Kyuhyun chuckled lowly, raising an eyebrow at Hyukjae.
 
"I just think you're like a doll," Kyuhyun admitted and he smirked as he saw Hyukjae's cheeks blush slightly at his words before Hyukjae frowned at him.
 
It's been years since their first encounter and Kyuhyun simply couldn't stop staring. He knew how much Hyukjae hated to be called cute and pretty, so he enjoyed teasing the other a lot.
 
They went to the same kindergarten, the same middle school and now they were in the same high school, fighting everyday because of the exact same topic. "But somehow, you're not as pretty as before, oh, how cute you were..."
 
Hyukjae was raging, letting his tray with food fall down the floor to throw himself towards Kyuhyun, throwing punches to the other's face mercilessly.
 
--------------------------------
 
It wasn't a surprise to see Hyukjae entering the same classroom as him the first day of their college life and Kyuhyun smired looking at how Hyukjae just walked silently, almost shyly through the crow of students gathered in the door. He kept staring, as always. Hyukjae's hair was now blond and Kyuhyun smiled. It made him look like a porcelain doll.
 
It didn't take more than one minute for Hyukjae to lift his gaze up and meet Kyuhyun's, frowning almost instantly before mouthing an annoyed 'what?' at Kyuhyun.
 
Kyuhyun smirked and pointed at his own hair, giving Hyukjae a thumb up, making the other frown deeper and purse his plump lips again, just as every time Kyuhyun . 
 
It didn't take more than ten seconds for Kyuhyun to see the pencil flying through the classroom towards his face.
 
-------------------------------
 
Kyuhyun still saw Hyukjae everyday, mostly because they were in the same program though in different schedules. Still, they had at least one class together everyday and Kyuhyun loved sitting behind Hyukjae to stare at his nape.
 
Hyukjae turned around and frowned. "Stop it," he hissed annoyed and Kyuhyun shook his head, smiling sweetly.
 
"Why? You look so pretty today, but you looked better yesterday," Kyuhyun said and Hyukjae's face went red from the frustration building up because they were in class. 
 
"Shut up," Hyukjae frowned and looked at Kyuhyun as if wanting to kill him.
 
Kyuhyun hummed. "But you look so cute when you're mad that-" 
 
Kyuhyun had to go to the infirmary because Hyukjae managed to punch his face and get away with it.
 
-----------------------------
 
Months passed and Kyuhyun couldn't help himself but to stare at someone else. Sungmin, his boyfriend. He didn't see Hyukjae so often because he couldn't take away his eyes from Sungmin. Hyukjae didn't seem to mind, anyways.
 
Kyuhyun was eating calmly, looking at Sungmin who was chatting happily with their friends and he spotted a certain blond head entering the cafeteria. It had been almost a month in which he couldn't look at Hyukjae as before and he smiled, looking how the other got in line to get some food.
 
Kyuhyun stared at him, as he used to do. How much he missed that activity. He took his bottle of water and drank from it without turning away from Hyukjae, smirking lowly when the other turned around to look at him.
 
Hyukjae stayed still and looked at Kyuhyun. There was something different from Hyukjae and Kyuhyun really wanted to realize what it was so he kept staring.
 
Hyukjae looked at him and smiled faintly.
 
Kyuhyun gasped and the water he was drinking spilled all over the table. Hyukjae smiled at him. He had never seen Hyukjae smile and the screams and laughs around him didn't bring him back to life because it was the very first time Kyuhyun had seen Hyukjae smile, and it wasn't cute, it was perfect.
 
When Kyuhyun scanned the room again, Hyukjae wasn't there anymore and he sat down questioning life and its secrets.
 
---------------------------
 
Kyuhyun lied on his bed, looking up the ceiling in silence as he recalled Hyukjae's smile. He took out his cellphone and started looking through the pictures of Hyukjae he had. He liked teasing Hyukjae by taking pictures of him, so Kyuhyun had quite a lot of them in there.
 
He received a text from Sungmin, making him know he was breaking up with him and Kyuhyun replied with an affirmation. Hyukjae's pictures became more important.
 
He scrolled through them carefully. Hyukjae wasn't smiling in neither of them and Kyuhyun frowned, also realizing that Hyukjae was always alone. That Hyukjae was almost all the time looking down, as if he was... Sad.
 
The mere thought made Kyuhyun shiver and he shook his head. Why did it affect him so much Hyukjae's smile? He had been fine before, he didn't need to think too much about Hyukjae because it was all a game. But Hyukjae, Kyuhyun didn't know anything about him and it was frustrating. Did Hyukjae have friends even?
 
Kyuhyun couldn't wait for the next day to come.
 
----------------------------
 
Kyuhyun looked carefully how Hyukjae looked around the room and sighed when there was only one seat left, and luckily, or maybe not that much because Kyuhyun kicked everyone away, it was by Kyuhyun's side.
 
Hyukjae sat down and as soon as Kyuhyun was going to talk, the professor started talking and Kyuhyun had to attend.
 
He couldn't stand it for too long, though. It had been the record time of them being together without Hyukjae trying to kill him so he pushed his luck. He turned towards Hyukjae as he rested his head on his hand, smiling softly as he stared at the other's face.
 
Hyukjae didn't say or do anything more than attend the class. Kyuhyun frowned and waved a hand to get Hyukjae's attention. "Hyuk, here, I'm staring," he said and Hyukjae kept looking at the front.
 
"I know," Hyukjae whispered and Kyuhyun gasped, staring even more intently. 
 
"You look prettier today than-”
 
"Alright guys, that's all," the teacher said and Kyuhyun turned to him before turning back at Hyukjae, only to realize that he was gone already. Kyuhyun groaned and stood up, going out to look for him.
 
----------------------------
 
Hyukjae was standing alone in one of the green areas of the campus, looking down. Kyuhyun was sure Hyukjae had always been alone and that pained him so much he wanted to go and hug the blond boy. 
 
Kyuhyun walked until he was only one step away from Hyukjae, looking at him intently as Hyukjae looked up at him slowly.
 
Kyuhyun shook his head and clicked his tongue, looking at Hyukjae. "Seriously, look at that hair, the roots can be seen, you need to dye it again," he said and reached a hand to hold Hyukjae's chin, turning the smaller's face side to side, up and down, as if checking meticulously. "You're so pale and look at those dark circles under your eyes, really Hyukjae, you look awful," he lifted Hyukjae's face to look at those lips he liked so much. "Even your lips are pale, what did you do to them? They were the only good thing about you," he scolded and shook his head, faking disgust. "You were skinny already, look at you, you're barely bones now."
 
Hyukjae gasped softly and could do nothing more than look at Kyuhyun with big eyes.
 
"What happened to you? You were so pretty, and now you're so ugly, seriously Hyukjae, get a grip of yourself," Kyuhyun joked, shaking his head in disapproval.
 
But he was concerned. Hyukjae looked wasted. Still beautiful and perfect, but wasted.
 
Hyukjae's eyes were huge, looking into Kyuhyun's eyes as he opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. He closed his mouth again and his eyes glittered with tears. "Is that why you don't stare at me anymore?" It was almost a whisper. A whisper that broke Kyuhyun's heart. No.
 
Kyuhyun panicked. "No! I just-"
 
"Because I'm ugly now...," Hyukjae mumbled looking down again and Kyuhyun felt the desperation building up his body.
 
He spent almost his entire life telling Hyukjae how cute, beautiful and pretty he was and just one day, one day that he joked around, was the day Hyukjae decided to believe his words.
 
Hyukjae walked away and Kyuhyun cursed himself because how the hell did Hyukjae disappear from his sight so easily?
 
----------------------------
 
Kyuhyun placed his tray with food on the table, in front of Hyukjae who didn't seem like wanting to eat but just staving his food in an attempt to fool others. 
 
Kyuhyun rested his chin on his hands and smiled softly, staring at Hyukjae intently.
 
Hyukjae looked up at him and blushed slightly. "Eat," Kyuhyun said without turning away. "You look cute while eating."
 
Hyukjae gasped softly and looked away, standing up and grabbing his tray with food before walking away. Kyuhyun didn't follow him, he just stared.
 
-----------------------------
 
"You know," Kyuhyun started as he stared at Hyukjae, who was silently reading a book in the library. "It's been months since the last time I visited the infirmary," he said smiling softly, looking how Hyukjae turned up to look at him. "I even miss the nurse."
 
"I can tell you countless of ways to get into the infirmary again," Hyukjae said and Kyuhyun grinned, he's talking to me.
 
"Really? How?" Kyuhyun asked, smiling internally because Hyukjae was slowly coming back to his perfect self. "Can you tell me the easiest way?"
 
Hyukjae smiled innocently, so innocently that Kyuhyun was scared. "Keep staring at me."
 
Kyuhyun gulped and he breathed in and out deeply, realizing that Hyukjae had gone already and he was left praying for his life.
 
------------------------
 
"Stop it," Hyukjae begged as Kyuhyun stared at him.
 
He was crying.
 
"No," Kyuhyun said firmly, holding Hyukjae's wrists firmly because he wanted to go away. His eyes were red, his face swollen, his hair messy. But still beautiful.
 
They were in the bathroom. Kyuhyun found Hyukjae crying alone. The thought of Hyukjae crying like that everyday made Kyuhyun tremble and he didn't think twice before hugging Hyukjae tightly. "Kyuhyun... Stop it...," Hyukjae begged, not having enough strength to push Kyuhyun away.
 
It wasn't a secret anymore, how lonely and sad Hyukjae was. "I'll stop staring when you stop being so beautiful," Kyuhyun whispered in Hyukjae's ear, hugging him tighter before Hyukjae broke down and cried even more, clenching Kyuhyun's shirt tightly.
 
--------------------------
 
Kyuhyun smiled as he looked at Hyukjae playing with his food alone in one of the tables in the cafeteria. He took out his cellphone and took a picture of him, the small click alerting Hyukjae who quickly turned up to frown at him.
 
Kyuhyun smiled and sat down in front of Hyukjae, looking at the smaller. "You looked so cute that I had to take a picture," he said and winked, making Hyukjae frown even deeper.
 
"I'm holding a fork, Kyuhyun, and you know I'll use it to rip your skin and play with your intestines," Hyukjae threatened, holding the fork tightly to show Kyuhyun he was being serious.
 
Kyuhyun chuckled. "Well, since I'm already getting killed," he shrugged and leaned closer, holding Hyukjae's nape and pulling him closer to kiss Hyukjae's lips. He parted away almost instantly and winked at a shocked Hyukjae again before leaving the cafeteria as soon as he could.
 
--------------------------
 
Third year, Kyuhyun couldn't wait for him to graduate anymore. He stretched his body as he turned to look at Hyukjae entering the library. He grinned and stared at him from his seat, smiling softly as Hyukjae turned to look at him, frowning lightly.
 
Kyuhyun smiled when Hyukjae mouthed an annoyed 'what are you staring at?' at him.
 
Kyuhyun mouthed a 'you' to him and Hyukjae's frown went deeper as he mouthed a 'stop it'. Kyuhyun shook his head and stood up, walking towards Hyukjae without taking his eyes away from the other.
 
Hyukjae stayed still, frowning deeply as Kyuhyun approached.
 
Kyuhyun smirked as he stepped in front of Hyukjae, leaning down to kiss his lips and whisper a soft "I love you", to him, making Hyukjae blush deeply and hit his shoulder harshly. Kyuhyun laughed and kissed his lips again, walking out from the library.
 
-----------------------
 
Kyuhyun chuckled as Hyukjae groaned. "What?" He asked and Kyuhyun ran his fingers through the now brown hair, looking at the man by his side. Their bodies were and tangled together as he stared at Hyukjae's face intently. Always beautiful, always perfect.
 
"How do you manage to become more and more perfect everyday?" Kyuhyun asked, caressing Hyukjae's cheek with his thumb slowly.
 
Hyukjae frowned and flicked Kyuhyun's forehead. "Shut up."
 
Kyuhyun laughed softly and kissed Hyukjae's lips softly. "I love you."
 
Hyukjae rolled his eyes and covered Kyuhyun's eyes. "Stop staring," he ordered and smiled gently, leaning closer to kiss Kyuhyun's lips lovingly. "I love you too, Kyuhyun."
 



A/N: so I'm not sure where this came from, it was supposed to be a really, really short Drabble...

Anyways, enjoy!
I love you all!