SpartAce

jong kook and sung im

 

“Spartace? What is that?” Gap Jin was confused since he can’t understand English.

“Hyung I can’t believe this… some people call us Spartace… ah hyung don’t look at me like that, it is combined Sparta and ace okay? I think they are trying to support us as a couple…” Gap Jin looked more confused as he looked at the screen.

“Really? Wow, you guys do have a lot of support, too bad they aren’t Koreans… what we need is to convince the people here not to hate the two of you especially Ji hyo… you know how scary they can be…:”

Jong kook doesn’t know how to react but at that time he just wanted to hug and thank all of those people who defended them. He felt hopeful, if some people think of them as a couple before they even dated, then it is also possible that those who oppose them will see the truth someday. He browsed more of the site and he found lots of pictures of him and Ji hyo looking close while filming, he also found a lot of fan videos that made him smile.  

Pfft… so our chemistry is spilling? I didn’t know we looked like this even before I confessed to her, yeah right we look better together, ah no we look perfect together…

________________________________

 

Ji hyo woke up and she panicked. Ommona, I’m late! Aissh I’m really going to kill Min…

Then she realized she can’t go out, that there is no reason for her to go out. Except running man all her activities were cancelled and she knows even if she doesn’t want to, sooner or later she also have to leave running man or they will also suffer.

Yeah right I may lose my career but I still have my happiness so it’s okay… its okay…

She called Jong kook but it was Gap Jin who answered.

“Oh, Song Ji hyo-ssi, I’m really sorry but he is busy right now… he is doing some photo shoot…”

“Ah, is that so? Ah keke… it’s fine… really”

Ji hyo put down her phone and sighed. She thought that she should be happy for Jong kook that he can still continue like nothing happened. She knows his past, how he almost died when he can’t sing on stage anymore, so she should be glad even if in the back of her mind she feels sad.

Her phone rang and she jumped to answer it hoping that it was Jong kook.

“Hello Jo…”

“Oh, noona…it’s Seung Jin… ah noona I saw the news and umm… was it true? I thought you dated CEO but broke up because of that ajusshi…” Ji hyo was surprised to hear from his younger brother. She could hear his voice trembling so she felt worried.

“I’m sorry Seung Jin-ah if I didn’t tell you earlier, but it was planned to look that way, when I go home, I’ll tell you everything… I only told omma so you must be shocked… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to hide it but…”

“Noona, I know… I was just worried... but its okay I am happy for you noona… but…” she heard him take a deep breath as if hesitating to talk.

“Say it Seung Jin-ah…”

“Noona… I know you really like him but will you be fine?” Ji hyo felt so touched and she felt like going home to her mom and little brother. No, I have to be strong no matter what; I can’t make them suffer because of me.

“Yah you brat… you know that your noona is strong right? I love him so much, so I’m really fine…” Ji hyo felt a lump form in and she fought hard not to let her tears fall, she can’t let her family worry about her even if the truth is she felt so wronged, she felt as if she is accused with something she didn’t do.

“I know noona… but still I am worried for you… ah, you know what noona… I’m also working out now…”

“Why? You want to be like Jong kook oppa? Yah you better finish your studies first…”

“It’s for you noona so I could protect you… and don’t worry about school I am smarter than you hahaha just don’t forget your dreams noona araso?”

“Yeah… I’m really thankful Seung Jin-ah…”

 Ji hyo felt better after talking with her brother but she felt something weird with him so she decided to call her mom.

“Ah hello omma… how are you these days?”

“Oh Seung im-ah… I am fine, but you what will happen to you now?”

“Ah omma don’t worry about me, I am fine and happy… you know how much I love him...”

“I know… I know…I even remember that you fasted for a long time just to see his concert then when you came back you were just lost in space and we were so worried… until now I don’t know what happened to you on that day…”

“Ah omma… don’t talk about that… but omma did something happen to Seung Jin? He called me…”

“Ah that… ah nothing he is fine…”

“Omma tell me… please?”

“okay… he got into a fight… he said he protected you… but don’t worry I already talked to him… in fact don’t worry about us, our friends were actually happy for you and they keep asking me when you are getting married…” Ji hyo felt hurt, she realized that her family must be suffering and people won’t only talk about her but also her family.

“I’m sorry omma, because of me you and Seung Jin are also suffering… omma tell him not to do it again…” I’m sorry that because of me you suffer too, so that was why my lazy brother decided to be fit so he could defend himself… I’m really sorry, but I can’t let Jong kook oppa go…

“Seung Im-ah, I know what you are thinking so don’t worry about us and be happy… we will be fine, don’t worry about us.”

“Yeah, I’m really sorry and thanks for understanding me omma…”

“Of course I want my pretty daughter to be happy…”

They said goodbye. No matter how much her mother tell her that they are fine, Ji hyo can’t help but worry, especially her brother who is so protective of her. She remembered him getting beaten because of her before and now it happened again. She felt something warm in her cheeks, and she realized she is crying and this time she let herself until she can’t anymore.

________________________________

 

“Jong kook-ah, let us go, someone wants to meet you…”

“Who hyung? Aren’t we going to the gathering?” but gap Jin didn’t answer him, instead Gap Jin told him to hurry.

They went to a hotel and Jong kook wondered who they are going to meet, but he didn’t ask anymore because he could feel it is important that no one knows. They arrived at the room and Gap Jin told him to go, alone.

He went inside, feeling a little bit nervous. Then he saw a man and he broke in to a teary smile.

“Jung nam hyung… yah you…”

“Jong kook-ah… I missed you…”

They both hugged each other tightly and even if they are both grown up men they cried as they both reminded each other of their past. For a long time they stood up staring at each other.

“Yah Jong kook-ah stop it already… it’s really me Jung nam…”

“I’m sorry I just can’t believe this… hyung I really thought you’ll never come back again…” they both tried to catch up with each other’s life. They might have tried so hard to forget the ugly past but they never forgot their friendship.

“I know I told you I don’t want to ever go here again… but I have to see you and visit some people too… actually I heard about what happened… that bastard… I can’t believe until now he is trying to bring you down…”

“I know hyung, it was so hard for me to forgive him… yet he did this, I don’t know if you can but I really hoped that you will be in my wedding…”

“Yeah you muscles you better get married fast but I don’t know if I have the courage to face that world again…”

“I know hyung, but it might be the way for you to get peace…” Jung nam just smiled at him.

“Yah, I am really proud and happy for you… I don’t know how you did it but I just can’t I already told myself that I’ll never  go near the stage… but you did it and that gave me hope to live happily and normally… I know how much you suffered back then so it really hurts me to know about this, that is why I have a little gift to you, i found it our old photos… use it well.”

They chatted for a long time then parted ways but his friend gave him strength to go on bravely.

I did it before so I can never lose now, thank you Jung nam hyung…

 

*Flashback*

“Hyung please don’t leave, you told me you want to be the best rapper in Korea, ah no in the world… so let’s do it…” a younger Jong kook broke into tears as he tried to change his friend’s decision.

“No, I’m sorry Jong kook-ah, I won’t change my mind… curse them and this world I won’t ever go back or even go near the stage even once… “

“Hyung don’t be like that… it is our dream… your dream…”

“No… I am sorry Jong kook but this is not what I really want. I can’t anymore, you do it… but I quit…”

“Why hyung? Why is it so easy for you to go? I really thought we want this so badly…”

“That is what I thought so too but I’m giving up…” Jung nam left and Jong kook never saw him again, their only contact was some occasional mail and letters. From then on Jong kook swore to sing and strive to be the best so that he could reach his and Jung nam’s dream so his friend can stand on stage again. But it wasn’t easy, his path was full of obstacles but he managed to make it.

*end of flashback*

 

He looked at the photo Jung nam gave him and he can’t believe it… it was really fate…

His phone suddenly rang, it was Baek hyun.

“Hello?”

“Kim Jong kook-ssi, about your ex-manager, we found him…”

“Oh is that so… honestly I don’t know what to say, even if we find him we can’t possibly stop him from doing what he wants…”

“That is why I am calling you… I can’t have peace knowing that Ji hyo is suffering so I did this for her not for you, I’m just making it clear…” Jong kook’s eyes widened as Baek hyun told him about what happened. It seems that the heavens are really helping him and Ji hyo. He asked Baek hyun if he would allow him to be the one to tell Ji hyo and Baek hyun said yes. He went to his next schedule and he thought of calling Ji hyo to tell her the good news but he decided not to, since he thought it would be better to tell her in person.

“Jong kook-ah, it seems you are so happy?”

“Ay, Gap Jin hyung you won’t believe how happy I am today, it seems that everything will be fine after all…”

“Why? Tell me quick!”

“I will hyung, but that is after I tell Ji hyo, and hyung thanks for letting me and Jung nam hyung meet again…”

“Oh well, then I still have to wait but promise me you will tell me after Ji hyo… ah that one… Jung nam emailed you but I was the one checking it so I arranged the meeting… he told me he has something that might help both of you…”

“Actually hyung, today when I met him I was reminded of the past and it was painfully scary, but instead of feeling sad I became more determined to make this work… I just can’t lose her.”

“Then Jong kook-ah why don’t you tell people your story? We Koreans are a er for dramas, I think if they hear your story people will accept it…”

“I want to do that so badly, but sadly that is not how things work here… we could do two things, wait until people forgets about it but that is dangerous to ji hyo’s career and the second one is to use my ex-manager’s technique…”

“yah Jong kook-ah, do really want me to die with suspense? Are you really not going to tell me?”

“hmmm… yeah hyung… it is a surprise…” Gap jin let out a sigh as he pretend to be hurt and Jong kook just smiled as he thought he have to plan it carefully.

Ji hyo-yah we don’t have to choose, I won’t let that happen…