the deal

jong kook and sung im

Jong kook was surprised to see Baek hyun, CJES CEO, standing behind him. He noticed something in his hand – it was Ji hyo’s phone. Jong kook studied him unsure of what to do. Baek hyun walked towards him and sat beside him. Both men stared way at the fields; from far away they look like friends enjoying the sight but in reality the atmosphere between the two is intense as if they could errupt any moment.

“Do you love her?” it was Baek hyun who broke the silence first.

“I do love her... and I am ready to take her away from you...”

“Mr. Jong kook-shi you have been here in the entertainment industry for a long time... and you have left quite a trail of lovelines, do you think Ji hyo can handle that?”

Jong kook fell silent, he only thought of making Ji hyo his and beating this guy... but sadly the real enemy is society.

“But I love her… and you don’t you think making her your girlfriend didn’t make her look bad? She even had to cut her participations in running man!” retorted Jong kook.

“I know, I harmed her with my selfishness... but it quickly faded away... now imagine the two of you dating together it would be scary... Ji hyo’s career will end.. And what if you two broke up? Your fans will thank you for that and Ji hyo? It won’t be possible for her to get back”

Reality hurts. It is painful, even if they date secretly they can’t control everything and Jong kook knows how something simple could end careers. He could leave everything for Ji hyo but he doesn’t want her to suffer and go through all that hardships because of him...

“Why did you come here?”

“Because I love her too... i'll go now, I have to return this to her (points at the phone)...” Baek hyun turned to leave but he halted and walked fast to Jong kook. He grabbed Jong kook’s collar and punched him hard. Jong kook felt pain searing in his jaws, but it was incomparable with the pain in his heart.

“Jong kook-shi! That’s for making her cry! I won’t easily give up!” then Baek hyun left leaving Jong kook in a daze.

________________________________________

 

 

Jong kook is busy promoting his new album and he was relieved that Baek hyun’s punch didn’t make a big bruise in his face. He was busy preparing for his turn on stage and was rehearsing when someone entered the room and looked for him. The staff says they are cutting the show because of some Special Olympics show. He was hurt a bit because it was hard getting that schedule, but he didn’t take it too hard.

Days passed and he is busy with promotions and events but he noticed that a lot of his schedules are getting cancelled and there is no agreement or any assurance that he could continue the cancelled events. He was beginning to get worried, thankfully his friends are very supportive as well as the fans so his album sales are not bad but lower than expected.

An artist like him doesn’t get free days when releasing albums but his schedule doesn’t seem to be hectic. In fact there are days that he doesn’t do anything. He got fed up and went to his agency to discuss the recent events.

Gap Jin was the one who talked to their heads and he told Jong kook the real reason.

“Jong kook-ah it seems you have angered someone...”

“Gap Jin hyung what are you saying?”

“You are getting blocked by someone...”

“Me? But that already happened back in my Turbo days... how could that be repeated again? This is not possible hyung...”

“I know but its true... the good thing is that person is not that powerful, but still he could affect your career greatly even if he can only block small scale events.”

Jong kook felt angry hearing this; he remembered how sad and depressed he became before when he left Turbo. He thought that would never happen again and this feeling were similar to what happened years ago. It made him scared, he thought it is fine even if he lost everything, but he can’t. He can’t go back to that slump again; it was so scary that he just wants to forget everything. And in his dilemma he can only think of one person, he asked Gap Jin to look for the CEO’s info then he went to him.

 

_____________________________________

“It took you that long to feel it huh Jong kook-shi?”

“Why did you do that? Why are you playing dirty with me?”

“Jong kook-shi I am helping you... you told me you can leave everything for her...but those are lies... am I right? You can’t”

Jong kook fell silent, he is so ashamed of himself he thought loving her was simple and he was so boastful and at the end it is him who is weak.

“I just did that to show you that you’ll only hurt her... but I was a bit disappointed with you... I thought you can make her happy I was willing to let go and yet you are not worthy of her... don’t you think she is not like you? Your pain, she will be like that to when she gets blocked or if her projects get cancelled... I see you can’t speak... so let me tell you I’ll stop blocking you now... I won’t blackmail you like that... I am not that bad but I have to do it because I love her too...”

Jong kook went away defeated… it was scary. He remembered the nights he used to cry, alone and cold. He can’t get songs, no one wants to produce for him, he almost went broke and it hurt his pride so much, he went through those nightmares and it can happen again. He began doubting himself and his love.

______________________________________

Zero, yes zero interaction between Ji hyo and Him... he needs to avoid her first because he is afraid and in doubt. He was keeping quiet for the past few days but he can’t help it anymore, one day he asked Ji hyo out.

“Ji hyo yah.. (Ji hyo ignores him) hey Seung im-ah! Let’s go out..”

“why should I?”

“I just want to show you something and eat out.. it’s a nice place”

“Are you asking me to go out with you?”

“No I’m not.. why should I date you? I don’t like girls with wide forehead..” Jong kook ruffles Ji hyo’s hair hiding her forehead. Ji hyo angrily move’s his hand away and she gave little hits on his shoulders. She was hitting him on his chest and he is just staring at her with a smile.

“Why? You are looking at me weirdly oppa..”

“Because you are too cute..” Ji hyo becomes shy immediately and lowers her head a bit.

“let’s go”

Jong kook led Ji hyo to the car and they went to an amusement park, it was far from Seoul and no one noticed them since they are very well disguised.

“Oppa are we dating? I thought you said you don’t like wide foreheads” pouted Ji hyo

“Hmm... no we are not... dating... (Ji hyo looks at him strangely and he chuckles) if we are dating then we should be holding hands but we aren’t” Jong kook reached for her hand and held it tightly. Ji hyo didn’t flinch and they held hands while walking.

“Then oppa are we dating now?”

“Nope... couples eat on dates but we aren’t” he runs to a hotdog stand and offers her a corndog.

“So are we dating now oppa?”

“No we are not...”

“Why? Strange man...”

“Because we are not doing this... (Kisses her in the cheek)... and we haven’t done this...” Jong kook walks closer to Ji hyo his face inching closer. Ji hyo covers .

“Yah Seung im-ah... why are you covering your mouth?”

“Oppa we can’t do that here... I’m embarrassed...”

“Do what Forehead?”

“K...ki...kiss...” Jong kook laughs hard and Ji hyo drags him away to a bench.

“Yah Seung im... so you want to kiss? Then if you can’t help it I’m willing to...”

“Oppa! Stop it... jerk...” Jong kook comes closer to Ji hyo again; he put his hands on his pocket and got a necklace.

“Seung im-ah, earlier... I only wanted to give this to you...” Ji hyo lifts up her gaze and looks at Jong kook.

“I’m sorry I can’t help you wear it yet... I want you to keep it until the day you decided you want to be my woman...”

“Oppa why are you like this...” Jong kook held Ji hyo’s hand and put the necklace there.

“Cheon Seung im listen to me... I don’t want to force you, hurt or make you look bad... I want you to think hard about us... being with me won’t be easy... I myself is scared... when I left turbo before I lost everything, I thought of ending even my life... it was so scary Seung im and I don’t want you to experience it.. before I came here I wasn’t able to  face you for a while because I doubted and I’m sorry.. Yes I thought of forgetting you... I got scared that I have to do that again but I also thought... I came through everything before I could do that again and this time it would be easier...”

“Why oppa?” Jong kook smiled at Ji hyo.

“Of course having you is easier... I fought before because of my dream... but now I am fighting for you and my happiness... for now we can’t date... we can’t do what you wanted earlier... but i will wait for you these past few days it was really hard ignoring you..”

“Ah oppa... why do you have to make me embarrassed! I only thought you are going to ki...kiss me...”

“I can only promise you that I’ll be here... you will be hurt and it won’t be easy... so when the day comes that you are single, and ready for this path wear this necklace... then I’ll properly date you... and we’ll ride ferris wheel as much as you want.. we can even write letters and do other couple stuff and because you are cute.. i'll let you kiss me as much as you want”

"aissh oppa!!" Ji hyo blushes bright red and Jong kook chuckles at her.

Ji hyo fell silent. She is thankful that oppa was honest to him but it is hard for her to break up because she can't hurt Baek hyun. Baek hyun had been good to her so she have to think about it.

Jong kook drove Ji hyo home after their “date”.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

keke they are not dating but it was really cute don't you think? this was supposed to be 2nd to the last chapter but ill extend it for all of you.. so please leave comments for me.. commnents inspire me to write more XD thanks for reading everyone!