To the Spotlight

jong kook and sung im

 

The flashes of light were blinding, even if the light means hope I’d rather have the darkness I’d rather have you outside the spotlight….

_________________________________________

“Kim Jong kook-ssi is it true you are dating song Ji hyo?”

“What do you think Yoon Eun hye-ssi will think about this!?”

“Is this picture true!?”

“Kim Jong kook-ssi! Please comment on this issue!…”

“Jong kook-ssi!”

Jong kook smiled as the reporters crowded around him, he wasn’t surprised but he felt sad that he wasn’t able to have the chance to confess their relationship personally. He was thinking hard on how to deal with it when he felt someone pull him, it was his dongsaeng.

“Dong hoon-ah…”

“Uri hyung, don’t worry”

Haha quickly pulled him in the building again and even the Pds patted his shoulders he felt a bit tearful because he felt so loved by them. They were a family since xman and he was really grateful for them.

“I am so sorry everyone for causing this trouble! Sorry! And thank you…”

“Yah Jong kook-ah we are family so we will always back you up”

“Jong kook hyung you want me to play your double?” said his VJ who resembles him a lot.

“Thank you everyone!” he bowed so low he felt so touched and thankful for his family who never left him.

Everyone tried to comfort Jong kook even the staff wished him well. With their help he was able to go home secretly even if all entrances were heavily guarded by the media.

______________________________________________

Jong kook sat down on the sofa when they arrived home and he let out a sigh. Gap Jin sat down beside him.

“So Jong kook-ah what are you planning to do now?”

“I don’t know hyung... I wasn’t surprised when it happened but I’ve never thought it will feel like this…”

“You love her right?”

“Hyung I love her too much, uh ummm, actually hyung I…”

“What? Why are you stuttering?”

“Umm actually I already proposed to her…”

“What?! Seriously? Yah! You didn’t even tell me…. But you… make sure this is not leaked yet okay... don’t let anyone know.”

“Why hyung? Won’t it be better to tell them? To show them that I am serious with her?”

“I know… but we have to wait for the best time to use it okay? But right now there are so many false rumors so we need to sort it out first okay? “

Jong kook nodded silently now that he thought of it people and netizens are really scary and he can’t let them twist the truth.

“Hyung I’ll go to sleep”

“Okay, rest since it will be a long fight…”

Jong kook smiled weakly at Gap jin he knows he have to protect Ji hyo and he has an idea that could save them, but for now he just needs to hear her voice.

______________________________________________

 

Ji hyo arrived at home and she was nervous because Jong kook was left she kept on pacing back and forth. Her normal blank expression was replaced by worry.

“Unnie, why don’t you sit down? You’ll just get tired doing that.”

“Min hee-yah why is he not calling? Do you think the reporters did something?”

“Ay unnie.. What will they do to him? He is a celebrity and he is Sparta… they won’t be able to hurt him...”

“But, but…”

“Just stay still unnie... he is fine… why don’t we open the television and watch the news? I bet you hit the headlines”

“Yah! I don’t want to see it”

Ji hyo was forced by Min hee to sit but she is so restless, then someone knocked at her door. Her first thought was Jong kook followed her so she jump up and hurried to the door.

“Kook... oh? Baek hyun oppa…” she opened the door but it was not Jong kook but the CEO. Baek hyun felt a bit sad but he could see that they really love each other so he is already happy for them.

“Ji hyo, can we talk?”

“Umm yeah… come in oppa” they went on the balcony and sat in two separate chairs. Baek hyun can feel that Ji hyo is separating herself to him.

“Ji hyo are you so uncomfortable to be with me?” he felt a pang of pain but he ignored it, right now he is her best defense.

“No I am not oppa, actually I…. I felt so guilty hurting you…”

“Keke I am fine, and besides I didn’t come here as a man, because I already lost and I had already let you go but as your CEO I need to protect you as my artist.”

“Thank you oppa… thank you but please don’t be hurt again because of me”

“Ji hyo I will help you fix this just let me okay?” Baek hyun tried to hold her hand to comfort her, but her phone suddenly rang and she avoided his touch.

“Oppa! Kookie oppa… yeah…” Baek hyun watched her it was not easy to forget her and it is still painful but seeing her face lighten up by just hearing his voice, seeing her smiling with the mere mention of his name it was enough. Ji hyo looked at him and he motioned for her to go on. He stood up and left her there.

______________________________________________

 

He was surprised to see min hee waiting for him inside.

“CEO-ssi you are really cool you know” she smiled at him and he laughed.

“Uh why are you laughing at me CEO-ssi?”

“Park min hee-ssi did you eat chocolates? Your teeth…”

“What?” min hee ran away to the bathroom and Baek hyun heard her scream. He chuckled quietly and thought she was quite cute.

______________________________________________

 

Meanwhile Ji hyo was talking in the phone with Jong kook.

“Ji hyo-yah… are you okay?”

“I’m fine oppa, that person who sent the photos; it seems he already leaked it to the media…”

“Don't worry Ji hyo, we didn’t do anything wrong, we have nothing to worry about...”

“Yeah oppa... don’t worry, I was talking to Baek hyun about this situation… actually he is here…” Jong kook felt a pang of jealousy but he realized that right now it is Baek hyun who can help Ji hyo most, but it hurts.

“Ah… so is he still there?”

“Umm I think he went inside and is talking with Min hee… but oppa… it can’t be… kekekeke”

“Ah why Ji hyo-yah? I am just worried for you…”

“Oppa you are jealous right? Kekekeke”

“What? Me? Yah I Kim Jong kook jealous of your CEO? Seriously…” he was actually thankful Ji hyo can’t see his face, he is pouting and he is just fighting the urge to nag her.

“Kookie-oppa that is really cute... kekekeke”

“Ahhh Ji- hyo-yah… are you making fun of me? I am not really…”

“Kekeke I like it oppa... I like jelly Kookie it’s really cute”

“Aww Ji hyo-yah don’t make me jealous again please…”

“Kekeke yeah oppa…”

“So Ji hyo yah... I will do my best to control the situation okay? Just sleep and don’t worry about anything... oppa will fix it…”

“Yeah oppa... good night”

“Yeah Ji hyo-yah good night…”

“Oh oppa wait… I forgot something…”

“What?”

“Saranghae….”

“Pfft… saranghae… okay Ji hyo bye...”

After putting down the phone both of them chuckled, they seem like high school students but they can’t help it.

Whenever I hear her voice I am transported in a world where there is only me and her… Ji hyo-yah…

 

Whenever I hear his voice I feel like nothing bad could ever happen… Kookie oppa…

________________________________________________________________

 

Ji hyo went inside and she was a bit surprised to see Baek hyun and Min hee getting along... a little too well.

“Oh Ji hyo-yah… I will go now but tomorrow I had arranged a press conference… min hee-yah already have the schedule… oh min hee thanks… Ji hyo good bye…” Ji hyo caught Min hee frown a bit but she immediately smiled when Baek hyun turned around to face her. Ji hyo smiled and thought they would be cute together and she noticed the two are already on first name basis.

“Yeah oppa... thanks… ah Min hee why don’t you walk him to his car…”

“yeah unnie!” she can’t help but laugh hard when they left, Min hee was so obvious  but it was really cute they would be good for each other… she thought.

________________________________________________________________

 

Jong kook sighed after talking to Ji hyo he felt guilty because right now he can’t do anything to shield her and he can’t bear to hear her being badmouthed and trampled with something she didn’t do. Gap Jin entered the room and leaned on the door.

“Oh Gap jin hyung why?”

Gap Jin silently gave him the tablet pc. There were a lot of articles about them and everyone is giving malicious comments about them but the worst thing is they are attacking Ji hyo more than him. It hurts so much he can’t believe how people could say that. How they call her a two timer, e, he just can’t continue reading them it was ugly and everyone blames Ji hyo he can’t believe those people are his fans. And why do they keep his dragging his friend Eun hye in this mess. She is already doing well, why do they keep pushing her in his face. Even Hyori who has a boyfriend is being mentioned, and even Ye jin, he really felt apologetic to them. He felt gap Jin pat his shoulders.

“Don’t mind them Jong kook-ah, I know you two loves each other like crazy so don’t worry about it.”

“But hyung they are thrashing her I can’t believe it... she is getting trampled in front of my own eyes… I can’t just do nothing...”

“Then what do you want to do?”

“I don’t know… but why is this a big deal? Why can’t they just let us be?”

 “because that is part of your job… you are a celebrity Jong kook-ah that’s why and besides your image, people will think of it as a love line, and they’d think you all betrayed Gary… because people thinks of all of you even outside filming as your characters, you are still Sparta the commander, and she is Monday girlfriend…” it hit Jong kook so hard that he wasn’t able to speak. Gap Jin left him in his thoughts and he was alone again thinking about how to fix this mess…

Because I am a celebrity I can’t love freely? Just because I look good with someone I have to marry her? Just because of a show’s love line I already need to be dictated like this? Why? Why? Because I chose the spotlight that is why….

Suddenly his phone rang and he rushed to answer it thinking it was Ji hyo. But instead it was a man laughing.

“Who are you?!”

“Yah Jong kook-ah… did you like my gift?”

“Who are you and what are you talking about?”

“Hehe you are so great in running man why don’t you guess” he felt that the voice was familiar. And he was shocked to realize that this voice was from that man. How could he ever forget this man… he was the man who have hurt him before in Turbo, his old management agent. He fumed in anger he wanted to kill him now. This man almost destroyed his career this man is the cause why he was blocked before why he almost gave up being a singer, why his friend had vowed never to sing and go back here in Korea. He clenched his fist, he tried to forget this man and he forgave him and now he is being like this?

“Oh Jong kook-ah... so your silence means you have figured it out?”

“why… why are you doing this again?” he gritted his teeth and he felt so angry, so angry that his vision is darkening, is this person was in front of him he would have already killed him.

“Why? Because you also ruined me… you became famous and I lost my influence… because people loves you I was hated they kept on calling me that person who destroyed you… but it wasn’t true... you are just a little punk who whines when called to work! So you ask me why? I wanted you to suffer and what is the plan to do it? Of course I started with your weakness hahahaha”

“You bastard! Where are you?! Tell me and deal with me!”

“Uh-oh... I dropped a bomb already you were hurt and I can’t see how you’ll get out of this... so why bother staying? I’m not even in Korea now...”

“I’ll find you! Do you think I’ll just stay like this?”

“Haha I don’t care even if you tell them I was the one who leaked it… because it doesn’t matter who did it… they will be too busy making stories about you too to even care where it came from…because even if you prove it by that time you too will already be destroyed and who knows… don’t you betray her every time? Poor girl you’ll only hurt her you are the one who will destroy her HAHAHAHAHA! And oh I sent a party to cheer you up…”

“Yah you bastard!!! You won’t destroy us! You coward!” but the line went dead and Jong kook was left alone fuming and angry. I’ll never betray her anymore…

_________________________________________________________

 

Morning came and Ji hyo was getting her hair done for the press conference. She sighed; she knows it was a riot outside. She looked at the amount of hate mails and threats some people left in front of her apartment, even some of the neighbors are complaining that they are being bothered by anti-fans. She felt sorry that they even had to hire more guards to guard her home. She was even scared to look at the mail or look at the news. She went through it before but this is worst, she felt so defenseless, then she felt a hand on her shoulders, it was Baek hyun.

“So Ji hyo-yah just watch me okay… please look at me even if it’s just today… let me be a hero just once…”

“Thanks oppa…” he nodded at her and he felt happy to be able to make her smile even a bit.

They all went to the press conference. There were a lot of people and someone even cursed at her. Baek hyun led her inside the waiting room.

Outside a crowd gathered screaming and it can be heard even inside the room.

“Yah!!! Song Ji Hyo!!! Why did you seduce oppa!!!?”

“Immoral girl!!!”

“You have no right to be even linked with him!!!”

“You cheater!”

“You deserve to die!”

“Two timer!”

“ star! Did you also sell yourself?”

The police tried to ward them off but they won’t budge and Ji hyo tried hard not to listen but no matter what she does, she can still hear it and even if it wasn’t true it hurts to be judged like that. Baek hyun saw her suffering and he tried to put his arms around her to comfort her, but suddenly a hand grabbed his and with gentle force that person put his hand away. He turned around and it was Jong kook.

“Oh Jong kook-ssi I am sorry… I’ll leave you two here then” Jong kook only nodded at him.

“Jong kook oppa!” Ji hyo hugged him and she closed her eyes, then she felt him put something in her ears… it was a head phone and suddenly she can’t hear anymore those terrible noise, it was replaced by his sweet voice. And she stared at him with teary eyes. He also smiled as he mouthed the words I love you… Ji hyo also did the same and Jong kook gave him a gentle and quick kiss on the mouth, she felt stronger and she nodded to Jong kook. Jong kook also nodded to her and she held her hand tight, then they started to walk to the light. It is their choice, they chose the spotlight and even if they paid a lot for it, they will never let their love be a price for it too. So hand in hand, smiling they went into the light.

______________________________________________

I am back hahahaha sorry for the very late update I hope you like it XD it is almost done but don’t worry youI’ll start another story right after this ^^