The Press Conference

jong kook and sung im

 

As soon as Ji hyo and Jong kook appeared cameras took pictures of them nonstop. There were so many that it Ji hyo felt as if she was being blinded, but she fought the urge to shield her eyes. The guards have to prevent reporters from running towards Ji hyo and Jong kook. She could feel him tightening his grip on her hand and she felt much better. Jong kook gently pulled her to their seats and they sat. The reporters started to ask them and it was so chaotic thankfully the organizers were able to calm them down. They were about to begin the interview but Baek hyun suddenly entered. Everyone broke into whispers wondering why he was there.

“Oh, good morning everyone! Sorry I was late…” he smiled cheerfully there was no trace of sadness in his face. This made the reporters wonder and confused. They thought he is Ji hyo’s boyfriend but his cheerfulness made them doubt a little about their relationship.

“Okay everyone! I know you all are dying to ask Ji hyo and Jong kook here but please listen to me first okay? Great! So now let me tell you why we are here… it is of course to clear up the issues and misunderstandings. So I really appreciate it if you all do this cleanly and please always be mindful of our manners, yeah? Okay so if you all promise to be good, we will begin, yes?”

The reporters laughed a bit because they find the whole situation absurd and confusing. Baek hyun scanned the room and he called an eager faced reporter and signed for him to say his question.

Reporter1: “Okay I have a question, firstly Mr. CEO, I was curious about your relationship with Song Ji hyo-ssi… I wanted to ask her first but your expression made me really confused…” There were a lot of murmurings among the crowd and everyone nodded in agreement. Ji hyo was also confused; she thought they would attack her first but that reporter asked Baek hyun first.

“Hahaha I didn’t know I became famous already…getting asked even before the two there… anyway that is a really good question… actually I have no reason to be sad or be broken hearted because Ji hyo and I never dated.”

There was a sudden uproar in the crowd, everyone is demanding him to explain and some people even claimed it was a show to save Ji hyo and Jong kook. Ji hyo felt like standing up and shouting, good thing Jong kook was held her down.

“Ji hyo yah… don’t be a cursing grandma here okay?” Jong kook whispered to her and she chuckled a bit at his joke. She just nodded and waited patiently, besides she promised Baek hyun that she’ll watch him today.

“Oh calm down everyone… yes we never dated... and yes it was all a show… and by show, I am referring to our relationship… yes it was fake Song Ji hyo-ssi and I never dated and we are just close friends because of our work…” Everyone was still asking why the CEO did that.

Reporter1:”Mr. CEO do you mind explaining why you told the public that you two were dating?”

“Okay thank you I really want to explain it. Before we had problems about anti-fans, because Song Ji Hyo-ssi is the only lady in running man everyone is pairing her with the bachelors in the show and fans are getting angry.  Not only that JYJ fans also thought she was too close to them but in reality they are only close friends who likes to hang out around each other. I know not everyone is thinking like that but there are still folks out there who make it a big deal. She did nothing wrong but some malicious fans are threatening her and some are spreading bad rumors about her. So as her CEO I had to help her and this is what we came up. I know it is like a drama and it sounds unbelievable, but if only you saw the false and malicious rumors people are throwing her it is more unbelievable. So when we announced that we are dating everyone felt more peaceful. Regarding her and Jong kook’s relationship I didn’t knew it at first. When Song Ji hyo finally told me I told her to keep it a secret and they were able to date quietly without anyone knowing it. So I thought it would be better that way I was only protecting her. So she is not a two timer and she did nothing wrong. So I am really sorry for doing this as her CEO I did wrong” Baek hyun bows in front of them and suddenly he dropped in the floor on his knees. Ji hyo fought hard not to cry she was grateful that she has someone like him.

Baek hyun oppa I told you not to get hurt because of me so why are you doing this? You did more than enough already so don’t hurt anymore… I really wish you find your happiness too… thank you oppa and I’m sorry I can’t love you back…

The reporters got wild over Baek hyun’s apology. He stood up and bowed one more time, Ji hyo saw that his face was momentarily sad but she saw him try hard to smile again as if it was nothing.

Reporter2:”I have a question for Kim Jong kook-ssi. Were you also involved in the CEO’s plan?”

Jong kook expected this question the moment he heard Baek hyun’s story so he already prepared himself, he just can’t let that good man’s efforts to be wasted.

“Ah yeah, firstly, good morning everyone. Actually I liked Ji hyo even before running man but I didn’t tell her right away because I thought it was just a simple crush. But when we worked together in running man I realized I really liked her but then she announced that they were dating. I was really hurt but I still told her then I learned she really wasn’t dating, you won’t believe how happy I am that she actually likes me too. So we dated secretly and no one noticed because CEO-ssi did a good job helping us. I am really hurt that a lot of my fans are saying hurtful things when it is not true. And besides it is not really unusual for celebrities to hide relationships because if we suddenly reveal it could cause break-ups or it might affect our work. That is why I myself thought it best for us to just enjoy dating secretly.”

Reporter3: “so Kim Jong kook-ssi you love Song Ji hyo-ssi? How about Yoon Eun hye-ssi? And as you said revealing it may cause break-ups so are you two planning to split now?”

“Actually I feel so bad that Eun hye is being dragged in this issue when she has nothing to do with this. She is a close friend and actually she and Ji hyo-yah are also friends since they worked before. I admit we were really close before but I love Ji hyo now. I am really sorry to Eun hye that she is getting bothered because of this. And because we dated without anyone interfering we were able to love each other deeper so even if this got public we won’t split.”

“We have been dating for half a year now. But there is a long story before that and if we go in detail you might have to stay the whole night here.”

Reporter3: “Song Ji hyo-ssi can you tell us about how you started dating?”

“Actually I liked him ever since his turbo days. But I didn’t know he also liked me back. I was really surprised because I thought he liked someone else, so I didn’t tell him that I liked him too. But he still confessed to me so we began dating.”

 

The press conference felt like forever to Ji hyo and Jong kook. When it was finally finished they all felt really tired and weak. The couple rested at the backstage and Baek hyun went to them.

“Baek hyun oppa what will happen now?”

“Ji hyo-yah both of you did really good back there… we just have to wait and see how people react. But don’t worry much I know those reporters they will write positively of you and besides both of you did nothing wrong.”

“Oppa I’m really thankful, you even had to lie for me… but I’m sor…”

“Yah it’s my job, as the CEO of this agency I have to protect my artists okay?”

Jong kook just kept quiet he was still thinking about that crazy manager. He needs to tell Baek hyun but he can’t tell Ji hyo because he knows it will just worry her.

“Oppa earlier we lied to them…”

“Don’t worry about it okay… and besides you didn’t lie you only told the truth okay…”

“I know but the two of you lied for me…”

“He did it because he is responsible of your career and I did it because I was also responsible… of the whole you…. As your man…” I am sorry Ji hyo-yah I need to protect you from that crazy man but I’ll tell you when it is taken care of…

“Ji hyo-yah is it okay for you to go first? I just need to monitor some stuff…”

“Oppa I want to help”

“Ah, its fine just go and rest… just trust me okay…”

“Okay… oppa I’ll go home take care…”

“Yeah Ji hyo-yah… take care too… I love you…”

Ji hyo smiled at him the truth was she was so tired but she can’t help but get worried that Jong kook might be planning something.

 

Jong kook went to Baek hyun’s and asked him for some time to talk. They went to Baek hyun’s office.

“What is it Jong kook-ssi? If you are going to thank me again, there is no need I did it for her…”

“No it is not that, there is something you need to know…”

Jong kook told him everything. That they were being stalked by his past manager so he could find something that will harm him, and that he used Ji hyo to take revenge at him. He also told him about the fans who were there at the conference, they were also sent to do that. He told him everything because he knows at that time it was only them who could protect Ji hyo.

“Jong kook-ssi I am glad you told me all this, but why just now? We could have prevented this… anyway I think he won’t do anything anymore…”

“How?”

“There are things better left unknown Jong kook-ssi but don’t worry I will fix it the right way.”

Jong kook left Baek hyun’s office in confusion. He felt as if he was for a moment he was scared of that man but he chose to ignore it.

 

The press conference was really big news. Some people thought that Jong kook and Ji hyo did look close in running man but a lot didn’t like it thinking that Ji hyo is for Gary. Some fans also said that Jong kook is for Eun hye but Eun hye’s fans didn’t like it. Because of that there were a lot of fights in fan clubs and some teenagers were even caught fighting on the streets because of it.

 

Gap Jin was reading the comments of the people and he thought it was much better than before at least the bashings was lessened and some even thought they look good. Then something caught his eye but it was a site in English so he can’t understand much of it but he has this feeling that it is something good, since there are a lot of pictures there of Jong kook and Ji hyo where they look close. He decided to show it to Jong kook who is good in English.

“Jong kook-ah! Come here quickly! I think I found something!”

“Ah Hyung what’s that?”

“Just look at it… it is in English and there are a lot of people there…”

“What is this? Monday couple 50% Spartace 30%... Spartace shippers, Ji hyo and Jong kook couple… this was even before we dated… they follow us?”

Jong kook looked at Gap Jin his mouth wide open.

 

__________________________________________________________________________

there sorry for this boring chapter and actually i have thought of a different speech for the ceo. it should have been something like this...

"yes we did not date. Song Ji hyo and I  were not in a relationship she rejected me and i felt sad i can't take it so i told some people we are dating and i didn't know it will be known publicly... " but i changed it when i read someone's comment in a forum... i really want to credit that person for giving me idea but i can't remember his her name... if it is you youtell me so i can credit you or change it if you don't like it... but i didn't copy okay that person just said a theory which made sense.

sorry again but i think next chapter is much better ^__^