Chapter 24- The Ex-Boyfriend

The Agreement [ EDITING ]

Kim Ji Yeon's POV

I walked glumly to my next class which was Physics.

"Ji Yeon! Ji Yeon!" Someone shouted. When I turned around, it was Hyuna. I sighed in disappointment. Why? Because I was expecting someone else and not her.

"Hey, I'm sorry I even brought up that topic... I didn't know that you two really fought. I... I don't want to be a relationship breaker. I'm really sorry." Hyuna said sincerely.

"It's okay, Hyuna...You didn't mean it... at least. And we also got to settle... that problem." I said, looking down.

"It's okay, Ji Yeon. Don't worry. He'll realize soon enough that you do really matter to him. Besides, why would you be together if you don't matterr to him, right? Bye!" She said then walked away.

She's right. But... I want him to notice me not as a friend but as something more.

Aish. I'm going to be in the same class as him. Again. For 1 whole hour. It's gonna be so awkward.

I sat down and quietly sobbed. 

'Besides, why would you be together if you don't matter to him, right?' Hyuna's question echoed in my mind.

Why? Because of that stupid agreement. We are together just for the sake of the agreement, right? We only agreed because I loved Minho and he loved Yuri. 

(a/n: Take note, loved. Okay?^^)

Just that stupid agreement. Nothing more. That's what it is for him... I think.

But for me, I don't know.

I looked up and saw a silhouette of a very familiar person. OH. SO NOW, I'M SEEING THINGS! What is this supposed to mean?!

Ji Yeon. Kim Ji Yeon. A girl that lost--kind of-- her bestfriend because of a girl. Take note, a flirty one. A stupid girl who made an agreement with a guy that confuses her.

This shouldn't be happening to me, right? And yes, he confuses me. Very much. Taemin and Minho. They are two very different people.  Who do I like?

I reflected on these as I went to the classroom.

"Miss Ji Yeon, why are you late?" Professor Yunho said strictly. Uh-oh.

"Uhmm... I uhh... met... my... parents. Yes, my parents... At uhh... At the... gate. Yes, I met my parents at the gate." I said, speechless.

"I was just joking, Miss Ji Yeon. You may now sit." He said, flashing us his smile. Girls gasped and sighed. Yesh, I know. He's very good-looking. Good thing I wasn't seated beside him. I was seated beside Kyuhyun. I smiled at him. He smiled at me and said "First time to be late?" 

Aish... I remember the old times. I just can't let go the best two years of my life. Being with him. "Yeah." I replied and smiled.

"now, go with your lab partners and make an experiment mixing Chem A and Chem B together. Slowly, guys okay?" Professor Yunho said.

We both got a hold of Chemical A. Yes, our hands touched. I noticed Taemin staring at us. We just laughed at our awkwardness. So we both poured A to B while holding hands. I smiled. It was like dèja vu. Some people that saw us smiled at us.

Everybody knew that we were together. We actually broke up because his parents wanted him to date a weird girl. I understood him. I knew that he'd done the best to fight for our relationship. But sadly, it wasn't enough. I was hurt back then. I agreed to become friends. Everybody was like 'Oh, you were the perfect couple!' Then they would shake their head in disappointment. But hey, nobody's perfect, right? I at P.E. So badly that you won't even want to be in my team *exaggerates* ^.^ Enough of my so-called 'Onew Condition'

On the corner of my eye, I saw Taemin pouring A to B all at once. His lab partner was like "Taemin oppa! Slowly. Sloooooooowly." She said. You know who his partner is? Suzy. Ha. That's what you get for not holding your partner's hand. But I wouldn't want Suzy to hold his hand. Jonghyun and Minho were smirking at him. Key looked worried. Onew was looking at the both of us. I locked gazes with him. I smiled, reassuring him that I'm okay. But..

Am I?

 

Taemin's POV

I was staring at them. I didn't mind my lab partner. I thought they already broke up? Why are they holding hands?! And why am I even affected? Ji Yeon was laughing with Kyuhyun. But I thought she was sad?

I stood there, wondering whose voice it was that. It was like... sobbing quietly. But it was weirdly familiar. Then I saw her. 

Could she really be hurt?

I didn't answer her question not because she doesn't but because of confusion. And why was she affected? No, why was I affected whenever she cries? It was Ji Yeon. She looked fragile and weak. I know she's a strong person but when it comes to things she can't handle, she may easily breakdown and cry. She may look strong and happy on the outside, but inside it's flooding woth tears that she keeps holding back inside. First, with Minho hyung. Then, with Yuri. And now, with me?! I feel so guilty. When she looked up, I quickly ran on the other direction. I looked at her seat beside Kyuhyun but she still wasn't there. Kyuhyun looked worried. When I sat down, Key hung went to my place and said, "I'm really disappointed in you Taemin-ah. You shouldn't have done that to her." Key hyung said, not even bothering to look back at me.

"Good morning, class. Oh... is Miss Ji Yeon absent?" Professor Yunho said. 

Before I can even reply, Kyuhyun said that she'll just be a little late in class.

I THOUGHT THEY ALREADY BROKE UP?!

"Thanks, Kyuhyun. Now... ..." 

Now where was Ji Yeon? She continued to worry me-- no, not only me but even Onew, Key, Jonghyun and Minho hyungs. Then when I was supposed to stand up and find her, she appeared. WHAT?! What was this supposed to mean?! She sat on her seat beside Kyuhyun. They smiled at each other. Why?

Now what am I gonna do?! Something special... something special... Hmm...