Chapter 23- The Argument

The Agreement [ EDITING ]

Kim Ji Yeon's POV

I stared at the picture of Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Taemin inside my locker. My five friends. Of all these five, why did I fall in love with the two most complicated persons? Aish. Now, I'm talking to myself. Lee Taemin, what have you done to me?! You're driving me crazy!

"What?" Taemin suddenly emerged from nowhere.

"Huh?!" I said, shocked and confused.

"You said that I was driving you crazy." He smirked.

"What?!" I said loudly enough that had gotten some students' attention. I quietly bowed. Not wanting to cast more attention on me, I walked faster. The bell rang. I sat on my original seat.

"Good morning, class. I'm here to inform you about your prom. It will be 2 weeks from now. Now, our prom will be unique because its theme is 'Masquerade'. Even the teachers are coming." She said. Girls squealed. "Okay, now I will give you time to practice with your members or partners." She continued. The room was filled with musical noise. But Taemin and I, we were sitting in silence. I couldn't take it anymore. I went to Professor Kahi's seat and asked her if I can just practice with her for my solo.

"Aren't you going to practice with Taemin, Ji Yeon?" She said. Students quieted and looked at the both of us.

"Uhm...uhh... I uhh..." i racked a brain for an answer.

"Had a fight with your boyfriend, huh?" Hyuna said, smirking. She's the class clown. Although she's more fit to be a queenka. But she's a good one. Suzy raised an eyebrow. I felt the color rushing to my puffed cheeks. It was my habit. Taemin stood up.

"Can we talk about it outside?" He asked professor Kahi.

"Sure, five minutes." She said then we both went outside the classroom.

"Taemin... what's wrong?" I asked quietly but all our classmates just stared and eavesdropped. He ignored me.

"You know what, sometimes I feel that you're PMS-ing." I said honestly. His expression was blank.

"Hey, are you even listening to me?! Just a while ago, you were talking to me. And then the next thing I know is that you're ignoring me? You're acting like I'm invisible. What thehell is wrong with you? You're sending me mixed signals. Do I even... matter to you?" I said honestly. But unconciously saying the last sentence. Silence. Silence filled the atmosphere around us. Tears started forming in my eyes.

"I guess silence means...that I don't..." I said while looking in his eyes. They used to mesmerize me, but now all I feel is hurt. Tears were starting to fall out from my eyes. I wiped them before going away. I didn't mind. Professor Kahi was going to excuse us. Every step I take... Everytime I take a step, a tear or two will fall from my eyes. i sat on the floor and cried.

Why do I feel like this?

Why did I even ask that question?

Why did I even ask it if I knew... i knew all along that I was just going to hurt myself.

And why was I even hurt?

It shouldn't even have mattered in the first place.

Stop falling, Ji Yeon... You are just going to hurt yourself again. Stop.

 

Taemin's POV

'Do i even matter to you?' Her voice. Her sad voice echoed in my mind.

Aish, Taemin...You babo. I still can't answer her question. 

Does she matter to me? I don't know.

I'm really confused. I need to figure out what my answer is. But before that, I need to do something special for her.

Something she'll never forget.