day 8- companion

30 days of writing

''Why is there a frown on your face?''

Me and Sehun were sitting in the latter's living room. For the whole day he had been acting strangely like there was something bugging him. I thought he'd tell me about it when he was ready, but I've waited for the whole day for him to talk and he hasn't. I decided to take the matters into my own hands.

''Huh?'' he asked me back.

''I said, why is there a frown on your face?'' I repeated myself. Obviously he had been too in thought and hadn't heard my question properly.

''Oh,'' he said. ''It's nothing.''

I knew he was lying. I've known his since elementary school so I know very well when he's lying and when he's telling the truth. The reason why was he lying to me was unknown.

''That was a lie. Now tell me what it is,'' I ordered. Even though he's higher in the social latter I'm still older.

''It's nothing, really,'' he said.

I groaned. I bet it is nothing. He always makes the biggest deals out of the smallest things.

''If it's nothing then why can't you tell me?'' I asked.

''...''

''Yah, Oh Sehun, tell me now or I'll tell Luhan the only reason why you two go to buy bubble tea is so you could ogle at him.''

Sehun has a boycrush on Luhan, an older kingka at school. They have a habit of going to buy bubble tea every Friday after school which was originally Sehun's idea. The older boy has no idea of Sehun's feelings towards him so they remain friends.

''You wouldn't do that,'' he said.

''Wouldn't I?'' I asked.

''You wouldn't dare.''

I smirked, took my phone, dialled Luhan's number, showed Sehun the number to show that I was infact calling the older, pressed call and put the phone by my ear. I could see Sehun's eyes grow bigger with each step.

''Yoboseyo,'' I heard from the other line.

''Hey Luhan hyung, it's Baekhyun.''

''Oh, Baekhyun-ah. Why did you call me?'' he asked.

''I just have something to tell you,'' I told him.

And that's when Sehun lunged towards me, trying to get my phone. I started laughing.

''Promise to tell me what's been bugging you and I won't tell him,'' I whispered to Sehun. He groaned.

''Fine,'' and I took that as my cue. I put the phone next to my ear again.

''Baekhyun? Are you still here?'' I heard Luhan's worried voice.

''Yeah, I'm here.''

''I heard a crash,'' he said confused.

''Yeah, that's Sehun just being clumsy, he tripped over his own leg and fell down,'' I said with a smirk on my face. Sehun glared at me which made me chuckle.

''Anyways, I wanted to ask you if I could join you two on the next trip to bubble tea world.'' Sehun looked at me with wide eyes.

''Yah, what is this?'' Sehun asked me. I smirked.

''It's fine with me, come if you want,'' Luhan said on the other line.

''Thanks, find me on Friday then, bye hyung,'' I said.

''Bye,'' he said and we hanged up.

Sehun was glaring at me.

''What?'' I asked with an innocent look on my face.

''You!'' he gritted. ''Why you suddenly want to come, huh? It is me and Luhan time!'' he said. I chuckled.

''Maybe I just want to have bubble tea with 2 of my friends, is that weird?'' I asked, the innocent look still lingering on my face.

''Yeah right,'' he said. I laughed.

''Okay, now tell me.''

''Tch, no way!'' he said.

I knew this would happen. But it wasn't like I couldn't call Luhan again now was it.

''Fine, I'll call Luhan hyung again then,'' I said and started dialling on my phone again.

''Ugh, okay,'' he said and took my phone from my hands. ''It's just that my mom is bugging me to go to that charity event and I really don't wanna go 'cause they're always so boring,'' he told me.

''That's it?'' I asked laughing. ''I'll accompany you, if you want.''

''You would do that?'' he asked.

Of course I would. He was my best friend after all.

''Sure, why not,'' I said.

He held in a tight embrace.

''Thank you so much Baekhyun. This means so much to me.''

I smiled a bitter smile. I bet he would like it a lot more if Luhan was his companion and not me.

 

Omona, I was gonna write littlest. Whut?
Phone calls are this colour.
A little info about them in this AU?
Sehun and Baekhyun are 1st years in high school while Luhan is a 2nd year. The three of them are kingkas in their school. All the other EXO members are ones too, yeah, lucky school right? Sehun is rich. As you could read from the chap, Sehun and Baekhyun are best friends. Sehun has a boycrush on Luhan while Baekhyun has one on Sehun. All the EXO members aren't buddy-buddy with each other, but they are all connected in some way. This means that even though all of them aren't friends with each other, they are friends with people who are friends with those other people, in exmaple, Sehun is friends with Luhan who is friends with Kris and Xiumin who aren't friends with Sehun. 
Hope you liked this, BAII!