day 21- sunset

30 days of writing

I was late. I was late again! Damn it, he’s gonna kill me this time for sure! He was so pissed the last time I was late, I even told him that it was never going to happen again. Yet here I am, running like a mad man so I wouldn’t be that late.

It’s all the goofball of my friend’s fault! He knew I had to be somewhere, he knew I was supposed to be meeting you. Yet he still begged me to send him home, because he was ’’scared’’ he was going to be attacked by burglers. I even told him to move fast, but no, he just had to start looking at the windows of different shops and giving his opinion about whether he thought they would taste good or look nice on him.

I guess it doesn’t really matter why I’m late, it just matters that I am. I know I should’ve planned my time better, but it just happened like this. All I can do now is run as fast as I can so he wouldn’t have to wait that much for me.

I can already see the bench we were supposed to meet at. The thing is, he’s not there. I reach the bench and try to calm down my breathing. It’s totally empty, no note, no nothing. I inspect the bench, hoping to find out, that it’s not acctually the right bench, but it is. It the same bench, I wouldn’t mistake it for any other.

You may ask why, but that’s simple. It’s the one where we met. I was walking my dog and he was reading a magazine on that bench. My dog had always had a thing for beautiful males, so it fought free from my hold on the leash and went to him. He was surprised at first, but when he saw her, he smiled. It was the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. He started petting her and I walked up there, apologizing for my dog’s behaviour. He of course said it was fine and that’s how we met.

Every once in a while we’d come back here, to remind ourselves of the event. We always looked back at it with a big smile.

I tried calling him, but he didn’t answer. I was getting worried. What if something happened to him? I started to panic a little and tried calling him again. Still no answer. What is going on? He’s okay, right? Nothing could happen to him, right? Not to him..

I was looking at the ground with nervousness taking me over when I felt a pair of arm around me. I looked at them and I immediately knew who they belonged to. It was him of course. I turned around and looked at him. He was smiling sweetly at me.

’’Stupid, you made me worry,’’ I said as I punched his shoulders. His smile only grew bigger.

’’I’m sorry I made you worry, but something came up on the way,’’ he said. How is that a big enough reason to make me thing something had happened to him?

’’I called you, you didn’t answer,’’ I said back. Let’s see what he’ll say to that!

He had a surprised face, fished out his phone and saw the unanswered calls flashing on his screen.

’’I’m so sorry, I had forgotten my phone on silent. I didn’t know, sorry,’’ he said. I guess I can understand that. I always forgot my phone on silent aswell.

’’It’s okay,’’ I said as I flashed him a smile. He smiled back.

We sat on the bench and started talking. I like how we never run out of topics to talk about. He talked to me about his work, I talked to him about my work. Then we moved onto the latest episode of our favourite drama at the moment.

’’Baeky-ah, look, a sunset,’’ he said pointing to the sky ahead of us. I turned ahead and was met with a beautiful sight. Different shades of orange and a little of pink all mixed together and the sun on its way to disappear. It really did look amazing. We intwined our fingers and I rested my head on his shoulder.

’’Thank you for being here with me, Luhan,’’ I said as I tried to take mental images of the sight, so I’d never forget this moment.

 

Yay, finally something a little longer. And yes, it's LuBaek, all because of this and the end of this video. I don't know. Hope you enjoyed.