day 5- haze

30 days of writing

''Come out of it, Baekhyun, we have to run!'' someone shouted.

The next thing I knew I was being pulled by a strong arm. We were running. Running I don't know where, running I don't know why. The path ahead us was filled with haze, but the few metres infront us were clear. While we were running there were times when the road cut off and we had to jump over the holes to continue, there were also times when roots of tree's were on our way. There were even times when we had to crawl under trees or arcs of fire.

We had been running for a while when I started wondering about the person who was pulling me. From what I could see, he seemed very familiar. I felt safe under his touch.

''Excuse me, but who are you?'' I asked.

The person stopped.

''You don't remember me?'' he asked, his voice sad.

He looked me in the eye and a sense of knowing washed over me. I realised I knew that person, but I couldn't remember his name.

Then the boy looked away from my eyes, behind me. His eyes showed fear for a second and he started pulling me and the running started again. I was curious as to what the boy had seen behind us and thought I'd look back and see myself. I didn't know I was gonna regret my decision though.

There were these ugly black things chasing us. Their front legs were huge and had claws and the back ones were small and had hooves. Their faces were white, they had a snake-like tongue and they made weird monkey noises everytime they got closer to us.

''Wh-what are tth-those things?'' I asked of the boy.

''They are evil demon monkeys,'' he responded.

''But why are they chasing us?''

''Because we stole the cursed idol,'' he said.

''The what?'' I asked. Did I hear right?

''The cursed idol,'' he said again.

''Why did we steal it?'' I asked. Why would anyone risk being eaten by those monsters?

''It has great value to us.''

I didn't start questioning him any further as we already had stolen it and couldn't turn back time anyways. I just conscentrated on getting away from those things.

We had been running for hours and those monkeys weren't in sight so we decided to rest a little and started walking.

''You really don't remember me, huh?'' the boy said.

''I know that I know you, but I can't remember your name. I also feel safe with you so I doubt we are enemies,'' I said. I noticed that the boy's eyes sparkled when I said I felt safe with him.

A few minutes passed.

''Can you show me the idol?'' I asked of the boy.

''Sure,'' he said, took a small golden statue out of his bag and handed it to me. I hesitated to touch it, but once I did the realisation hit me. Everything came back to me. I remembered everything now.

''Se-sehun?'' I asked unsure.

''You remembered my name?'' he asked surprised and took hold of my shoulders, stopping us both from moving. His eyes showed a glint of happiness and relief.

''Isn't it obvious?'' I asked a smile on my face. He smiled back. Our eyes were locked on each other. And then we both moved forward. Soon we could feel each other's breaths on our faces. And then.

Our lips touched.

I knew this wasn't our first kiss, but it felt as if I had never kissed anyone before. It felt like my lips had been untouched and now they were taken by him, by Oh Sehun.

We had to break our kiss as we heard the monkey noises, meaning those monsters had caught up with us. Sehun quickly grabbed my hand and we continued running away from them.

We ran and ran and ran with the occasional jumps and crawls. Our hands never left each other's grasp and we continued like that until we reached a forest. When we got out of the forest we were on top of a hill and we could see houses and cars.

 

Got this idea while playing Temple Run one day. I don't know. DIdn't come out that well. Temple Run AU as you could read, Baekhyun POV. I know it doesn't have much of the 'gaze' in it, buuuuut, uuuuh, you know, mentioned the word once and in the game you can see it also. Don't know if it's actually haze in the real game, but still. As I am really bad at this game I have never won it and don't actually know how the end looks like or if there really is one. Crappy ending, but couldn't think of another one.