day 6- flame

30 days of writing

I was sitting alone in a corner of my room. I watched as everything in my room was in flames. I saw my curtains turn to ashes in moments. It was terrifying. I didn't know where my mom or dad were. The last time I saw them they were in the living room. Where this fire got a start from? I don't know.

My head jerked up when I heard the sirens. Had the fire brigade finally shown up?

Our family lives on the 6th floor so I didn't know how long it would take them to get up to me. I wasn't brave enough to leave the comforts of this corner to find my exit out of this burning building. Were my parents even okay? Had they escaped? Are still inside? Are they injured? Thoughts like these were roaming around my mind.

It was hot. Too hot. I was wearing black jeans, white t-shirt and a gray cardigan. I slowly took off the cardigan being aware of my surroundings so it wouldn't catch on fire. Why didn't I think of removing it before? I put the cardigan on my knees and rested my head on it.

I don't know how long it had been, but after a while I could hear people. It was faint but I still could hear it. As the voices got closer I heard one yell: ,,Get these two out of here! I'm gonna see if there's anyone else here.'' I guess they had found my parents.

I heard my door being slammed open.

''Is anybody here?''

I couldn't talk. I couldn't open my mouth or produce a voice. My hands shakily took the cardigan from my knees and threw it in the fire hoping the fireman would see it.

I heard movement and the next thing I knew a man in a blue jacket and pants with yellow stripes was infront of me. He was stratching out his hand for me to take hold of it. My hand slowly moved into the fireman's and he helped me up.

''Don't worry, I'm gonna get you out of here.''

We started moving. All I could hear were screetches of agony.

As the fireman noticed that I wasn't really hurt he directed me to the staircase.

''You can use these to go down, but be careful, okay? I'm joping you can take care of yourself,'' he said. I nodded signalling him to help the others who needed more of his help than me.

I slowly walked down the stairs counting the numbers of the floors.

5

4

3

2

1

I was at the lobby now. There was no big fire here anymore. I walked out of the building and tried to find my parents from the crowd of people that were standing near the entrance of the construction.

They were nowhere to be found.

I sat down on the pavement. Occasionally I could see firemen bringing out people whose skin had been burnt. They were all taken away by the ambulance. Was that where my parents were?

My behind was stiff from sitting on the pavement when the last of the firemen exited the building. With them was the same one who helped me out of the building. As he noticed me he started walking towards me.

''Why are you still here? Where are your parents?'' he asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

''They aren't here?'' I shaked my head.

''Come on, let's see if they are in the hospital, okay?'' I nodded my head and he invited me to sit in his fire engine.

Lalalala. So here it was. Um, this was actually Chanyeol's POV. Keke. Wonder if anyone of you got that. You know, 'cause fire is his power and all. It's and AU though. Hope it was okay. Annyeong.