day 19- transformation

30 days of writing

It’s strange, the power words hold. One word can change transform someone into someone else, one word can change someone’s opinion on you, one word can make someone fall inlove with you.

Most don’t realise the power words actually hold. They just think of them being something people use to communicate. But it’s not only that, it’s so much more. Words, like most things, have so many layers. It isn’t as simple as just something combined from letters. Words have meaning, words have a definition, words have impact.

For example I could tell you of a story. It happened some time ago. My best friend was talking to this other guy. They were laughing, pushing each other lightly on the shoulder. It wasn’t anything special. It’s not like none of us do it with our friends. But then something happened, one little slip-up, and they were looked down on, they were being ridiculed, judged of being something they weren’t. They weren’t even given a chance to say otherwise. They were shunned away and they couldn’t do anything about it.

That’s not really the point of the story. The point is the word they used when they were talking down on them. They had no right to use that word. They didn’t even know them, they just assumed.

It changed him forever. He wasn’t the same bright kid anymore. He was more quiet, more reserved, more careful with his movements. He whimpered at skinship now. It had broke him. Just this one word they used over and over again. This one word that made their high school experience hell.

It wasn’t only him that suffered. It was the other boy aswell. Even though it didn’t have that big of an effect on him, it did change him a little. He matured a lot. He now chose when he was himself and when he was this emotionless doll. Sadly, he chose to be the latter whenever he was at school, which means most of the time.

If this isn’t a perfect example of how words can change someone then I don’t know what is.

I find it sad this happened to them and hope they can conquer it and become the same they were before.

The same happy, bubbly people.

 

And again it's a monologue and again it's short and again I am sorry.. I don't know why it's like this the past few days.. (more like weeks dude) Buuuut I thought of it being about SeBaek 'cause I still really really like them together and it was in Chanyeol's POV 'cause Chanyeol is Baeky's best buddy and yeah, so the first person was Baeky and the other boy was Sehun. And yeah, but like always, you can think of whoever, I really don't mind.