day 3- restless

30 days of writing
 
restless   troubled, uneasy, anxious, fussy, unsettled
restless  inconstant, unstable
restless  lively, sanguine, playful, frisky
restless  sleepless, insomniac, wakeful
 

 

The 6 of us were all practicing to make our performance perfect. Baekhyun kept struggling with one part so after practice when everyone had left I went to him.

''Hyung, are you okay?''

''Ne, Sehun-ah,'' he responded.

''But hyung, you seem really anxious,''

''I do? Ahh,'' he said and his gaze went to the floor.

''Are you troubled because you can't get that move right?''

''De,'' he said and looked me in the eyes.

''Want me to stay with you to practice it with you?''

''That'd be really nice of you,'' he said.

And so I stayed and practiced with Baekhyun for a while when I noticed what he was doing wrong.

''Hyung, you're supposed to move this leg and then that one,'' I told him of his mistake.

''Like this?'' he asked and tried to do it the right way.

A bright smile came on his face and his eyes started sparkling when he finally got it right.

''Thanks you so much, Sehun-ah,'' he said and hugged me.

''No p-problem, hyung,'' I said hugging him back.

For some odd reason I felt butterflies in my stomach.

 

''Hyung, stop pacing infront of the TV, some people want to watch it,'' Kai told Suho, but the leader didn't stop.

''Hyu-ung,'' Kai whined. His favourite drama was on again and he was missing precious seconds of it.

''Suho-hyung,'' Kai rose from the couch and put his hand on the leader's shoulder.

''Hmm?'' Suho asked finally exiting from his trance.

''Could you pace somewhere else? You are blocking my show,'' Kai told him.

''Oh, aah, sorry Jongin-ah,'' Suho shyly apologized and moved away from the TV.

''Hyung, what's wrong?'' D.O. asked.

''Manager-hyung said he had something to tell me and he didn't look that pleased. I'm worried something bad has happened to the M members,'' he said.

''I think we'd know already if something had happened to them,'' D.O. said.

''You're right, Kyungsoo-yah,'' Suho said and smiled, he didn't stop pacing though. I guess he couldn't really stay in one place knowing that something bad might have happened, as our guardian it isn't strange that he worries.

 

Kai was watching his show on the TV, Suho hyung was now pacing around in our room, Kyungsoo was cooking, Baekhyun was reading a magazine, Chanyeol was sitting on the floor coloring his coloring book and I was playing Temple Run on my phone. Everyone were doing their own thing, but when Chanyeol had finished his today's masterpiece he started hopping around the room asking people to play with him.

''Hyung, play with me!''

''Chanyeol-ah, I'm busy, go ask maknae,'' Baekhyun said.

''Sehun-ah, play with me!'' When he heard no response, he shook his hand in front of my eyes.

''Hyung, you just made me crash into a tree!'' I whined.

''Play with me!''

''Can't, got to finish this objective,'' I said and started the game again. Chanyeol groaned and went to the next person.

''Jongin-ah, play with me!''

''Chanyeol-hyung, my show is on, you know not to disturb me while my show is on,'' Kai said. Another groan was heard.

''Kyungsoo-ah, play with me!''

''I would love to, but I'm cooking. Go play with yourself,'' he said. After a while he added, ''Not in a dirty way.'' Chanyeol travelled back to Baekhyun.

''Hyung, play with me, play with me, play with me!'' Baekhyun sighed.

''What do you want to play?'' he asked.

''Monopoly!'' Chanyeol shouted.

''No,'' Baekhyun refused immediately.

''But hyung, we haven't played it in a while! It'll be fun!''

''It'll take too long, dinner will be ready soon anyways,'' he answered.

''We can still play while eating! It'll be so much fun!''

''Chanyeol, not today, we are all quite tired. Well, except you.'' Baekhyun told him.

''Then tomorrow! Let's have a Monopoly Night! Let's all play it!''

''We'll see,'' Baekhyun responded.

''DINNER'S READY,'' D.O. shouted from the kitchen and all of us left to eat the delicious food.

 

I was restlessly tossing and turning in my bed. I couldn't sleep. Was I getting insomnia? I don't know how Suho-hyung didn't wake up with me continuously changing positions. When I had been up to it for about 30 minutes I gave up and rose from my bed and went to the kitchen to drink some milk.

I opened the fridge, took the milk and poured it into a glass. I sat down and started thinking about reasons for my insomnia while taking small sips of my milk. Unconsciously my thoughts went to one specific person.

Byun Baekhyun.

Why were there butterflies flying around my stomach when he hugged me after practice?

I kept thinking of reasonable reasons and when my milk was mostly gone he walked into the kitchen. Upon realising that I was also in the room he smiled at me brightly. I gave him a small smile back and continued drinking my milk. My heart started thumping though.

What was going on?

''Why you up so late in night,'' he asked me.

''Couldn't sleep. Fear I might not get any sleep at all tonight,'' I responded to my hyung.

''Oh? Why can't you sleep?'' he asked. He also took a glass and poured milk into it.

''I don't know, too many thoughts I guess,'' I responded.

''Want me to stay up with you? Or atleast until you fall asleep?'' he asked.

''No way, hyung needs his sleep, we all do,'' I responded even though I wouldn't mind spending the night awake with hyung.

''Like you said, we all need sleep. It wouldn't be fare if we got it and you didn't.''

''I wouldn't feel right if hyung sacrificed his own sleep for me,'' I protested.

''But I wouldn't feel right if I left you up alone. The time will fly much faster if you have company,'' he said.

''Suit yourself,'' I sighed as I finished my milk. It seemed like he wouldn't give up and maybe this would help me find answers to some of my questions.

I left the glass on the table and sat on the couch and the TV. Baekhyun joined me and we spent 2 hours watching TV and commenting the shows every now and then. After about another hours I felt Baekhyun's head drop onto my shoulder.

He looks like an angel.

After a few minutes of watching him sleep I felt my lips on his forehead. My eyes widened and my heart started thumping.

Did I just unconsciously kiss hyung on the forehead?

After a few minutes of thinking about the subject I shook it off my mind and concentrated on the TV. It didn't really work as I caught myself countless times thinking about my hyung who was peacefully sleeping on my shoulder.

And that's how that night went by. I didn't get an ounce of sleep. This made training the next day much harder.
 

Aaaah, I think the second one falls more into the first gategory of restless than the second one, but oh well. All were in Sehun's POV. When I first thought of doing it this way I was very excited I had come up with an amazing idea. Buuut I didin't know how to write them. Had no ideas how to bring out the differences so it ended up like this.. Uh, sorry about that.