day 12- knowledge

30 days of writing

Studying.

It's a pain in the if you ask me. How does knowing different proofs to Pythagoras' theorem help me with living in the real world? How does the knowing that a² + b² = c² help me pay for an apartment?

How does that knowledge help me with the real stuff?

I guess you can say that's the reason I don't care to study much anymore. I'm not saying I don't study at all. I study as much as needed to have a C average. This doesn't bother my family though. And I guess it doesn't bother me that it doesn't bother them.

Actually, that would be a lie. Well, half-lie. It did bother me, but doesn't really anymore. It's not like them caring would change my attitude towards the activity. I'd still continue with my ways.

Suho hyung says I should conscentrate on my studies more. I guess he's right, I should, but I really don't see the point in it. I don't need useless garbage occupying precious room in my brain.

And it's not like I'm stupid. My IQ is pretty high so I get the stuff teachers explain whenever I listen and I never have trouble with my homework. The thing is, I don't listen to everything and I don't complete all of my homework. If I don't know something then I'll leave it be.

Also, by not studying as much as I have lots of more free time. I can play games and search the Internet and can go out with friends more often. The latter isn't as true though, the others aren't like me so they don't have the free time, but it's okay, I can spend it playing Call Of Duty or whatever other game. I also have a lot more time to read books that I am actually interested in. Books are education aswell and from them I can learn stuff which I would actually like to know.

I have taken up an intrest in cooking. This is something that has Kyungsoo to blame for. Him and his wonderful food has made me want to be better at the activity to also bring joy to people who eat my food. I am not very good at it, yet. The first few tries at pancakes have totally been disasters.

Because I had much more freetime I once went to one of Tao's wushu practices and even tried my hand at it. I can now say that martial arts really isn't my thing. At least now I know and don't have to waste my time in the future.

Singing is one of my favourite past times. Sometimes me, Suho hyung, D.O and his boyfriend Kai go to karaoke and sing. I enjoy it very much as we always have fun.

I may feel bored at times, but it never lasts long as the world has so many activities to offer.

 

YAAY! This is school AU. It's the same one as day 8 (companion). It was in Chen's POV, keke. Don't think any of you got that. Don't really know why I actually chose him.