day 14- wind

30 days of writing

’’Hyung, let’s go buy ice cream, it’s too hot,’’ I said.

’’Okay, but let’s hurry.’’

We headed towards the little ice cream store on the corner of the street of our dorm. It was a summer day and we had it all to ourselves. We’d be all over the city enjoying our free time if it wasn’t for this unbearable heat. You might ask why we aren’t in a water park if the weather is hot. The answer is simple, it’s too far away. To get there we’d have to ride in a hot and stuffy car for at least 2 hours and that won’t do, we’d rather be locked in out dorm where we have air conditioning and fans, a lot of fans.

We reached the store, it was packed with people.

‘’Okay, what flavor would you like?’’ Baekhyun asked.

‘’Um, the Golden Apple one,’’ I said as I looked through the different choices the store had to offer. ‘’What are you gonna pick?’’

‘’I was thinking of taking the Ispahan one,’’ he responded.

He bought the popsicles and we headed out. Mine was a green apple ice cream topped with a gold flake and Baekhyun’s a combination of rose, raspberry and lychee.

‘’Mm, is yours good?’’

‘’Yeah, I like it, how about yours?’’ Baekhyun asked.

‘’Mine’s good too,’’ I said with a smile. ‘’Could I taste yours?’’

‘’Um, sure,’’ he said and handed me his popsicle.

I took his and gave mine as a replacement. I the cold cream a few times to decide if I liked the taste, Baekhyun did the same.

‘’So, do you like it?’’ Baekhyun was the first to break the silence.

‘’Yeah, the taste is different and I like it a lot. Do you like mine?’’

‘’Eung, always have liked apples and the flakes add an interesting taste to it,’’ he said.

‘’You know, this is like indirect kissing,’’ I said with a smirk on my face.

‘’I-I guess it is,’’ he said with his widened eyes and a faint blush on his cheecks.

For some reason my heart started beating rapidly at the sight of a flustered Baekhyun and I couldn’t stop forming an affectionate smile on my face.

‘’Let’s change back now,’’ I said after taking one final from his popsicle.

The popsicles didn’t last long and soon they were gone and the heat was unbearable again. I was a little surprised how fast the effects of the ice cream wore off.

‘’Aaah, I really shouldn’t have worn this black shirt,’’ I whined.

‘’I think you’ll survive, we’ll reach the dorm soon, I can see the building already.’’

‘’You wouldn’t be this positive if you’d have anything dark on.’’

‘’I guess I was smart enough to wear light clothes,’’ he said with a chuckle.

‘’Yah! Don’t mock me!’’

‘’Who said I was mocking?’’ he asked.

‘’Don’t even try to deny it, hyung, it’s all over your face,’’ I said back.

He chuckled again. I just had to smile. He always looked to angelic while smiling or laughing. It was like every time he did it, his face lit up, his eyes shined brightly and I just couldn’t help but get lost in the moment.

‘’We’re 5 minutes away from the dorm now, so we’ll escape this heat really soon,’’ he informed me.

And then it happened.

The wind.

A cool summer breeze blew past us. I stopped in my tracks immediately to enjoy the sensation. I closed my eyes and just stood there, in the middle of the sidewalk.

‘’Sehun-ah, is something wrong?’’

‘’Can’t you feel it?’’ I asked back.

‘’The wind?’’

‘’Exactly, the wind, isn’t it wonderful?’’

I heard Baekhyun chuckle again and a smile emerged on my face as well.

 

So, got all the info from here, used Molly’s Pops as the ice cream store.. Um, yeah. It took long ‘cause I didn’t know what to do with this prompt and now the next one. I think I’m never gonna finish this thing. (Also AFF was down and then I lost day 13 and I didn't really want to re-write it so that's why it's kind of late too)