Kai's past

A Hand to Hold ; DISCONTINUED

Hi again, I changed the foreword. Well.... I added the characters of EXO and their analysis. I figured that EXO will play a BIG part in this story so that's why I did that. And finally the ideas came to me!!!!! I can finally update more often! <3 <3


"Suho hyung?" Kai walked closer to the counter.

"Ah! Jongin!" Suho exclaimed with a bright smile and went through the doors and suddenly appeared beside him.

"It's Kai..."

"Same old," Suho engolfed him in a hug. Kai let out a sigh and hugged him back.

You watched them hug and wondered about their relationship.

They pulled away and Suho directed his gaze towards you. He walked up to you and held his hand out, "Name?"

His eyes looked sweet and charming as they looked at you. You shook his hand, "Lee Yoonhee."

"Ah Yoonhee, that's a pretty name," He sweetly beamed at you and looked back at Kai. "How do you two know each other?"

You and Kai looked at each other and then gave Suho a confused look.

He chuckled, "When I saw the two of you come in, I couldn't tell if it was Kai or not..."

As if he was reading both of your minds.

"I have a security camera in my office."

Both of you nodded.

"Uhh, lets sit!" He gestured towards an empty table. The three of you sat, "Kai, is this pretty lady, your girlfriend." Suho smiled at you.

You shyly looked away.

Kai blushed a little, but shook his head, "No."

"Friend?"

"No."

"Cousin?"

"No."

"Then?"

Kai looked at you and then looked back at Suho. "It's a ... long story..." He didn't know if you wanted him to spill the whole truth so he just kept it at that.

Suho got the hint and quickly changed the subject, "Anyways, how's school for you, Kai?"

Kai shrugged, "I dropped out."

Suho's eyes widened, "What?!?! Why?!?!" Suho was always a good friend to Kai. He cared about him. He was worried that Kai would go the wrong way.

"What's the point? I'm rich anyways, I can live off my inheritence money."

Suho let out a sigh, "Kai, Kai, Kai, You can't live off your inheritence money forever. I can't believe you would drop out of Seoul Arts. I thought you had a passion for dancing."

"I'm leaving." Kai got up and rushed out of the ice cream shop.

Suho shook his head, "That kid..." He turned his direction back to you and smiled. When he first saw you, he felt that he drawn to you. His heart beated faster when he saw you, your beauty radiated for miles. He wanted to get to know you more.

"Um, may I ask you something...about Kai?" You asked.

Suho nodded.

"How long have you known him?" You questioned. You were still trying to figure out Kai.

"Ever since diaper days." Suho said, "That's how long."

You were shocked, Wow Suho must know him pretty well...

"Was he always like that?" You asked.

Suho knew what you meant, "No, you see, Kai back then was a really nice and charming kid. He had an older brother, who he always looked up to. And a mother who he really loves, but... something happened... His mother had cancer and his brother was enlisted in the army. His mother was in a serious condition and couldn't cured and was only counting the day until she died. His older brother had to go to Japan for a few days for duty. While in Japan, that was when the big earthquake happen... and his brother died trying to save people in the building.... but that was the same day his mother died... Kai became depressed, but i can tell he's gotten better but he changed as a person. He thinks life is useless and has no point to it .... I just....." Suho sighed, "I just wish someone will change his point of view..."

You felt sorry for Kai, he lost two people he loved in one day. You never knew how it felt to have someone you love die, but you knew how it felt to have someone you love leave you. You lowered you head and thought about it.

"Well, I have to get going, you start on Monday, is that ok?"

You slowly nodded. Suho walked back to his office and shut the door.

You quietly got up from your seat and left the shop. You slowly walked the streets deep in thought about Kai. He thought life had no meaning to it.

You thought life was precious. Even though you were quiet and never expressed yourself, inside you always tried to be happy and be optimistic. It was always hard for you to express yourself infront of people. You would only express yourself to people that are really close to you. You were only close to your dad, so you couldn't express to other people, but you hope to have someone to share your feeling with.

In the midst of walking, you didn't realize where you were going until someone bumped into you.

The figure was wearing a blackhoddie and hands buried deep in his pocket.

"I'm sorr-"

"Yoonhee." It was that voice. Lee Joon's voice.

You looked up to meet his eyes.

"I'm leaving."