One Household Exits Another Enters

A Hand to Hold ; DISCONTINUED

You woke up from your slumber. You did your daily morning routines even though it was a Saturday. There was still alot of things to do on a Saturday and one of those things was a movie marathon with your father. You were anticipating it. You love spending time with your father, you were really close to him.

You got dressed in some jean shorts and a plain blue t-shirt. You headed to your dad's room. You knocked the door, but there was no answer. You thought he was still sleeping, so you opened the door. Behind the door, it was empty, your father wasn't inside. The bed was made neatly and his belongings weren't there anymore. You were confused, so checked the closet, only to find it empty. No clothes. You opened the drawers and no clothes or shoes. Nothing.

You walked into your father's bathroom. Empty. Tears were threatening to fall from your eyes.

Did he .... abandon me? You thought. You didn't want to believe it. You didn't want the person you cared for and loved so much to be gone. 

You quickly ran to his office only to find the desk and shelf but nothing that was his. That's when the tears began to fall. You walked to the kitchen to get some tissues, but you found a note sitting on the counter. You picked it up and read it.

I love you, my sweet, beautiful daughter, Yoonhee, but I have to leave.
You're not safe living with me, people are out looking for me, wanting to take the blood right out of me. 
Wanting to beat me to the deaths.
Someone will be living with you, so you can be protected.
His name is Kim Jongin, he's the son of an old friend.
He's about your age or older, he may be troublesome but I know you won't give him a hard time.
I don't know when I'll be back, but you probably won't ever see me again.
I hope your life will be filled with happiness, joy, hope, and love.
Goodbye, I love you with all my heart, Yoonhee.

Your heart broke into a million pieces. You didn't want to believe one bit of it. You wanted to wake up and find your daddy in his room waiting for you to wake him up. You pinched yourself hoping it will wake you up, but sadly it didn't. This was real. Who's Kim Jongin?

Then the doorbell rang. You wondered who was at the door this early, you wiped the tears from your eyes and unlocked the door. You hid behind the door only revealing your eyes.

A Young boy was standing there, in a casual shirt and jeans with an expressionless face. Behind him was some luggage and a middle aged man. 

Is this Kim Jongin?

"Uh, are your Lee Yoonhee?" Spoke the middle aged man. 

You slowly nodded. 

"I'm Kim Jaesung, I'm an old friend of your father and this Kim Jongin." The man introduced.

"My name is not Jongin it's Kai." The young one barked.

You flinched at his sudden outburst. 

"Uh, may we come in?" 

You nodded and opened the door wider for the two to come in. You were trying your best to cover your face, so they wouldn't see your red and puffy face. 

Kai examained the house. "It's so small and you live here by yourse-" Kai looked at you. He thought you would be ugly and unattractive, but to  his suprise you were beautiful, even if you did look like you just cried. He took notice that your just cried and softened a little bit, which he never did. 

"Well my dad lives here as well.... I hope...." You whispered the last part and lowered your head. 

"That's what we came here for, your dad left the country, he went into hiding." Kim Jaesung said. He looked at you with sympathy and could tell you were dying inside.

"Hiding?" 

"Yes, he asked me for money to help him leave and to help you be protected." 

"Protected?" 

"Your dad wants you to be safe, so Jongin, is going to stay here to keep you safe." Kim Jaesung gestured to Kai who was still looking around the house. "I'm not sure if the people looking for him want you, but just to keep you safe, Jongin is staying here." 

"Yah! I said I wanted my OWN place to stay by MYSELF!" Kai blurted. 

Kim Jaesung let out a sigh, "I told you already, all you have to do is just live with her. Nothing else, and make sure she's safe, it's not that hard." 

Kai rolled his eyes.

Kim Jaesung turned back to you, "Sorry if he's troublesome, I hope he won't be a problem. And I'm really sorry about your father and this sudden situation." 

"It's ok," You whispered. 

Kim Jaesung gave you a small smile and walked up to Kai. "Well son, I guess I'll be going and behave. She might become a decent girlfriend one day or your wife." He whispered the last part. 

"Whatever." 

"Just try to stop hanging out at the clubs, messing with girls, and getting drunk." 

"And why should I do that?"

"Because you have a reason to live now." With that Kim Jaesung bowed to Yoonhee and left.

You stood there trying to figure out what just happened to you since the time you woke up. You looked at Kai and walked up to him. You bowed, "I'll show to your room." You started walking towards the hallway.

Kai was still a little lost, he was trying to figure out what his father meant by having a reason to live. He took a look at you walking towards the hallway and grabbed his bags and followed you.

Since the house was small there was only three rooms. One for you, One for your father, and one for your father's office. You led Kai to your father's room which was the biggest room in the house. "This is now your room, if you need anything my rooms right across." You walked to your room and closed the door behind you.

Kai was standing in the room looking around. He finally shook away what his father said. Kai started to think that living with you would be a good pleasure to him. He could tell you what to do, since, he was the guest.

Kai unpacked his things left his room. He stopped and heard sobs coming from the other room. Your room. he knew you were hurting. By this he felt a little hit in his heart. He never felt anything for anybody. He was cold-hearted and could careless for people. But why is his heart feeling this way? 

He decided that he won't demand things from you today, he'll wait until you calmed down. He decided to walk around the house a little bit. 

Then there was a loud banging at the door, "Yoonhee it's me," 

Kai walked to the door and looked through the peep hole and found a young guy who looked about his age or older. He looked like he worked out alot. His arm muscles were big and intimidating. He banged on the door again but harder and louder. 

Kai opened the door.

"Who the hell are you?!?!?!?!" The guy yelled looking angry as hell.


OMG how was the first chapter??? I hope it was ok. Who do you guys think the guy at the door was? 

Please comment and subscribe! <3 with love!